Photo

Breaking News: Raiders trade 1st round pick for Carson Palmer?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 18, 2011 - 08:25 AM

http://espn.go.com/n...als-sources-say

Oakland and Cincinnati are on the verge of completing one of the NFL's biggest trade-deadline deals in decades, with the Raiders acquiring holdout quarterback Carson Palmer from the Bengals in exchange for two first-round picks, according to sources familiar with the deal.

The first first-round pick is in 2012 and the other is a conditional first-round pick in 2013. Palmer was in the Bay Area on Tuesday morning getting a physical before the deal could be completed.

According to a source, if the Raiders win a playoff game in the 2011 season, the Bengals would get a first-round draft pick in 2013. If the Raiders don't win a playoff game in the 2011 season then the Bengals would receive a second-round pick in 2013.

It's a bold move for each team.

A 1st round pick for Palmer??? WTF lol

They have Terrel Pryor on the team for what???

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted October 18, 2011 - 09:10 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-verge-getting-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-sources-say

Pryor doesn't know the offense yet since he had been suspended for the first 5 weeks, Which didn't allowed him to practice with the team. With that being said I wouldn't trade a first round pick for Carson Palmer lol

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#3 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,445 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted October 18, 2011 - 09:20 AM

How can they say this is a high risk for the Bengals? Dalton has performed very well, and Palmer doesn't want to play for the Bengals. They get 2 1st round picks out of it, they'll be able to get great pieces with those picks, plus their own?
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 09:43 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7118158/oakland-raiders-verge-getting-carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-sources-say

Its easier to do this on here than Twitter.

The first round pick going to the Bengals will be no higher than #5. The Raiders will win more games so by seasons end, the pick will most likely drop out of the top 15.

You can't be serious about Pryor? The Raiders are not going to put in a rookie QB, who was taken in the supplemental draft, to try and lead the team to the playoffs. As of now, he is more of an athlete than quarterback, so Pryor is not an option.

Palmer is younger than Brady and Manning so age is not a factor.

His interception rate needs to improve, but many of his interceptions are due to the fact he takes chances often. His top target was OchoCinco and that was a bad situation for the last 2-3 years. He still almost threw for 4,000 yards last season with a bad receivers. REMEMBER THIS (I'm not comparing the two because Favre is one of the greatest), but Favre threw 15+ interceptions 14 times in season, 20+ interceptions in a season 6 times. In 2005, he threw 29 interceptions. You have to look at what type of quarterback he is. He is not a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning pro style QB, he is a QB that will throw down field for big plays.

Palmer will be the best QB in Oakland since Rich Gannon. He fits their style perfectly and will enjoy being back in the sunny weather on the west coast. It's easy to forget about a comfort level with players and right now, motivation is a factor with Palmer. He has a chance to prove the doubters wrong.

The situation for Palmer is a perfect one. As a player, after being tired of a situation somewhere you are then presented with a chance to go to a team hoping to get back on top (like you are), back to the west coast where your from, and to an offense that will allow you to make big plays with your arm? Despite what people may think about Palmer, he's not a scrub and it was just a few years ago where people thought he was in the top 5.

#5 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted October 18, 2011 - 10:06 AM

Yeah when I first heard this this morning I was like WTF?! Carson Palmer for TWO (potential) first rounders?! What dummies and Al must be rolling in his grave....

Anyway, I thought about it after hearing both sides on talk radio and I guess the raiders are hanging their hat on the fact that McFadden is a beast RIGHT NOW and having a still above average qb (over the would-be replace Boller) would give them better chances to win in the next couple or more years. Campbell's contract is up at the end of the year and they would've had to have found another qb anyway, They might not have had to give up so much if they waited for free agency but obviously this was a gamble...

I still don't know if I like it so we'll have to see how the season plays out. Raiders should be a playoff team so that's how they're playing it...

#6 El Diablo

El Diablo

U Mad?

• 5,232 posts
  • Name:El Diablo
  • Fan Since:Birth aka 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson and Kobe Bryant

Posted October 18, 2011 - 11:09 AM

This a good move right now since anyone is better than Boller and Plamer is better than Campbell but I think they gave too much up for Palmer. We needed a veteran to contend this year but I would definitely want someone better to build around for the future but now we have 0 draft picks to build anyway.

Posted Image

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 18, 2011 - 11:31 AM

This a good move right now since anyone is better than Boller and Plamer is better than Campbell but I think they gave too much up for Palmer. We needed a veteran to contend this year but I would definitely want someone better to build around for the future but now we have 0 draft picks to build anyway.

They gave up one draft pick too many IMO, but you can tell they want to win now.

Really when you look at it, if everything pans out for the best, Palmer is locked up through 2014 and at age 31, he still has a good 3 years left. I'm sure they will address the future of the QB position in the next couple of seasons. Unfortunately, the last time we looked for a future QB, he was a flat out bust.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,083 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 18, 2011 - 11:31 AM

thats a lot to give up for palmer

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,509 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted October 19, 2011 - 11:39 AM

I wonder how good he plays this week.

Picked him up in one of my other leagues.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 23, 2011 - 03:50 PM

He looked pretty bad lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 26, 2011 - 10:47 PM

Things would work out much better for us if we stopped ignoring Moore. He's our future receiver, not DHB.

Palmer, McFadden, Moore and a healthy defense can get us a playoff win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users