9 replies to this topic

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 01, 2011 - 03:10 AM

A few days ago, when Durrant played against Lebron/melo/CP3, he had Ater Majok, the last of the laker 2nd round picks on his team.

I saw him in the highlights, and, one anouncer even mentioned him.

Im curious, how did he do?
There was no OFFICIAL boxscore.

In a prior game, Ater Majok outscored teammate Michael Beasley, and led the game in scoring with 25 points...

Maybe we are overlooking the value this guy has...
It is just a non-NBA game... But, this guy was on the court with some of the top 5 players in the NBA, it would have to be hands down the best competition he has every played against, and would be a good place to get a sneak preview.

If anyone saw the full game, or knows where to, lets take a look at the third 2nd prospect the lakers drafted

#2 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted September 01, 2011 - 07:51 AM

He got embarassed time and time and time after by LBJ & Mello. They were dunking all over him and he was actually playing hard grabbing defense also. didnt see any of his offensive highlights just him being abused when he was defending them one on one.

Durant was giving it to LBJ as well many notable moves and play from him.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 01:18 AM

He got embarassed time and time and time after by LBJ & Mello. They were dunking all over him and he was actually playing hard grabbing defense also. didnt see any of his offensive highlights just him being abused when he was defending them one on one.

Durant was giving it to LBJ as well many notable moves and play from him.

Yea... thats expected...
LBJ, Melo, CP3... these guys are really good...

I know not to expect him to drop a quadruple-double...
But, it HAS to give him some Experience being out there... Playing on the same team as durrant,,,
Playing against some of the best players in the NBA

With no summer league, it is NEAR impossible to judge new players. Seeing that this unknown late round draft pick who was expected to STAY OVERSEAS, HERE in the US, playing with some of the best players in the leauge...

I got to give him credit for that...
IF/WHEN the season starts, i guess this guy is going to give it a shot at making the Lakers this year.

As for Durrant...
He was abusing everyone... he is really becoming the best player in the NBA...
He nearly beat CP3/LBJ/Melo

I mean... who was the 2nd best player on Durrants team? Brandon Jennings? BLAH!!!!

I would like to see a replay of the game.
And really watch him

#4 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted September 06, 2011 - 06:09 AM

When I find the entire game ill post it. Eventually it will make its way onto the web.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts

Posted September 09, 2011 - 12:46 AM

When I find the entire game ill post it. Eventually it will make its way onto the web.

It will be much appriciated!

I know most think he is a throw away draft pick, but, i figure we should at least watch him...
he will never be on the same court as Lebron, Durrant, CP3, and Melo again!!1!

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 10, 2011 - 02:41 AM

Honestly, what he was doing is irrelevant, no matter who he was playing against, because Majok is simply not an NBA player. A guy can go off in a game, but that doesn't mean he can sustain NBA play for 82 games + playoffs, and over the course of a career.

Many dropped their jaw when we picked a player in the second round that looked very impressive against Team USA (Sun Yue...the little guy even blocked Howard), but I won't need to explain why that pick became worthless. The Chinese Magic Johnson isn't even considered the Chinese Omar Cook.

#7 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted September 10, 2011 - 07:35 AM

Honestly, what he was doing is irrelevant, no matter who he was playing against, because Majok is simply not an NBA player. A guy can go off in a game, but that doesn't mean he can sustain NBA play for 82 games + playoffs, and over the course of a career.

Many dropped their jaw when we picked a player in the second round that looked very impressive against Team USA (Sun Yue...the little guy even blocked Howard), but I won't need to explain why that pick became worthless. The Chinese Magic Johnson isn't even considered the Chinese Omar Cook.

Reality!
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#8 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 12:21 AM

I still think it warrants coversation.
The guy somehow made it over here to the USA, got on some kind of team, which happen to have one Kevin Durrant on it, and played against Lebron, Melo, CP3, and some other NBA players, or other players which were drafted by NBA TEAMS in this past draft as he was.

I don't know...
I figured this was Laker talk, and not too many LAKERS are playing right now, and thought it was NOTEWORTHY that a player the Lakers drafed (And not the 2 that everyone is hyped about) was playing with and against some of the best players in the world.

And, as far as the supposed arguement that Sun Yue is a reason to dismess every 2nd round player the Lakers draft... i just do not know what to say about that...

I want to see Laker Basketball, and, this was a laker playing basketball...
It is not Kobe hitting a game winner in the Drew league... but, it still is something...

And, i wish the best for Majok, and look forward to him getting a chance to play when we have the oppertunity to enjoy NBA basketball again

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 12, 2011 - 12:25 AM

Well, I wasn't going to close the topic or anything, just stating that what Majok does against anyone doesn't exactly give fans a reason to believe he can make it in the league. He's not that great, and there was really no reason for the Lakers to draft him (we could've taken someone like Jacob Pullen, who would have a better chance of making our squad, or even Ben Hansbrough).

There's no doubt the guy is a big body, and we could always use bigs, but truthfully, he'd be three times the liability as he would be a productive player, if not more.

#10 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,544 posts

Posted September 12, 2011 - 12:31 AM

Well, I wasn't going to close the topic or anything, just stating that what Majok does against anyone doesn't exactly give fans a reason to believe he can make it in the league. He's not that great, and there was really no reason for the Lakers to draft him (we could've taken someone like Jacob Pullen, who would have a better chance of making our squad, or even Ben Hansbrough).

There's no doubt the guy is a big body, and we could always use bigs, but truthfully, he'd be three times the liability as he would be a productive player, if not more.

Well i certainly do not know enough about him to write him off or endorse him...

I just figured there would be some film of it to watch, and get a sneak peek at a late round Laker pick...

I still want that video by the way if someone was so kind...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users