#1 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 25, 2011 - 06:58 AM

The Kobe haters at CBS Sports rank Kobe at No.6, This is ridiculous..Yet I think this is a good thing because I'm sure it will piss Kobe off and he will be even more determine and driven to prove this idiots wrong. What do you think?

http://eye-on-basket...748484/31474738

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, August 25, 2011 - 06:59 AM.

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 25, 2011 - 07:50 AM

Typical Matt Moore aka @HPBasketball. Gasol is 9? Are you serious?

Moore is a huge Memphis fan by the way he has sour grapes from the Pau trade, he's been a huge Kobe hater on twitter from APR 2009. Ignore him.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,938 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 09:55 AM

I really hope their is an NBA season this year mainly because I feel that this new healthy Kobe is going to absolutely destroy the NBA this season. I really do believe he will make one more run at the MVP (regular season AND Finals)

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,927 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 25, 2011 - 11:12 AM

Here we find the ten best players of the NBA. We'll unleash our top five (who you can already figure out) tomorrow, but these players all could reasonably fit in that top five category.

Kobe Bryant’s days of being the NBA’s best active player are behind him. He still holds the title of “fiercest competitor” and “most confident in the clutch,” but his body and age have started to betray him ever so slightly and a much lighter minutes load (he played just 33.9 minutes per game, his fewest since he was a teenager) brought down his scoring average, shooting numbers and most of his other statistical contributions in 2010-2011. The drops were all marginal, though, suggesting that Bryant didn’t fall very far down the pecking order and indicating that he should remain a productive player for years to come. His diverse offensive game, elite shot-creating and shot-making abilities, and well-honed veteran craftiness will all help extend his career, too.

One thing that didn’t change last season was Bryant’s perception of his own abilities. Bryant actually led the league in usage, meaning that he finished more plays than everyone else, including ball-dominating lead guards like Derrick Rose and Russell Westbrook. His 21.2 shots per 36 minutes were also near a career high water mark, eclipsed only by his 2005-2006 gunning campaign which resulted in his career-best scoring average of 35.4 per game. If Bryant plans to add to his five rings, his field goal attempts and usage rate will have to come down to make room for the rise of Andrew Bynum.

With any luck, this summer’s treatment on his knee should allow Bryant to keep on trucking towards Michael Jordan’s all-time point scoring total, a chase that will captivate the NBA’s media as he gets closer and closer. At this stage of his career, it’s less important where Bryant falls in the top-100 and more important where he winds up in the Greatest Of All Time discussion. While he will almost certainly continue to fall on the former, he should only keep rising on the latter. -- BG

I dont see the Hating. I actually agree with what they said. Their just being logical. KB @ 6 and Durant @ 7...I mean thats not bad.
Its not KB 8 anymore its KB33 and by the time we see him play in the NBA again it will probably be KB34.

Im assuming
1. Bron
2. Rose
3. Howard
4. Wade
5. Dirk (cuzz he just won a chip. Let the man be top 5 for a minute and bask in the chip glory...lol)

#5 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted August 25, 2011 - 11:16 AM

I really hope their is an NBA season this year mainly because I feel that this new healthy Kobe is going to absolutely destroy the NBA this season. I really do believe he will make one more run at the MVP (regular season AND Finals)

West west y'all :rock:

#6 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 12:28 PM

I dont see the Hating. I actually agree with what they said. Their just being logical. KB @ 6 and Durant @ 7...I mean thats not bad.
Its not KB 8 anymore its KB33 and by the time we see him play in the NBA again it will probably be KB34.

Im assuming
1. Bron
2. Rose
3. Howard
4. Wade
5. Dirk (cuzz he just won a chip. Let the man be top 5 for a minute and bask in the chip glory...lol)

No way in hell is Kobe no.6, none of these guys are better than Kobe! Kobe was obviously not healthy certainly not a 100% and still average 25 a game. None of these guys could average 25 a game if they were in Kobe condition. Some of them dont average 25 now and there not injured! The list is Bullcrap!

#7 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 25, 2011 - 12:33 PM

Word I think so too

#8 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,113 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 25, 2011 - 01:07 PM

That piece is stocked with back handed comments. “most confident in the clutch” "One thing that didn’t change last season was Bryant’s perception of his own abilities."
"his 2005-2006 gunning campaign"
I'm ready to see Kobe reloaded to see what's what.

veqdeg.jpg

#9 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 25, 2011 - 01:29 PM

The fact that Kobe played at the level he did with all those injuries at his age just proves to me how great he is, I don't think any of of those players could sustain those numbers with all the same injuries Kobe had.

#10 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,727 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted August 25, 2011 - 01:42 PM

Taking injuries into consideration...

1-3) LeBron, Howard, Wade (interchangeable)

4) Kobe

------

Bryant did struggle quite a bit, and he's also playing low minutes because he has to.

However, there's no way Dirk is better. Nowitzki just blew up in the playoffs because of guys like Chris Bosh and Pau Gasol defending him, and really, he didn't shoot that well against the Heat in the Finals (IIRC, it was around 41%), and the Heat weren't throwing doubles at him every single play.

Same with Rose, who is a scoring point guard that had a lot of trouble finishing at the rim (surprisingly, because he was one of the best at doing so early in the season and the previous season), and he's still having trouble working against very strong defensive pressure, has no idea what to do when doubled, and isn't that great of a defender.

Durant is in a similar situation.

#11 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 02:21 PM

The fact that Kobe played at the level he did with all those injuries at his age just proves to me how great he is, I don't think any of of those players could sustain those numbers with all the same injuries Kobe had.

Were on the same page

#12 Colby Brian

Colby Brian

Rookie

• 128 posts
  • Fan Since:2008

Posted August 25, 2011 - 02:29 PM

did anyone watch the 2011 playoffs?

as of right now, kobe does not belong in the top 5

#13 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,256 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted August 25, 2011 - 06:25 PM

L
O
L

Posted Image

#14 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted August 25, 2011 - 07:56 PM

an article like this makes me want to punch the pope or a nun.

#15 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,973 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted August 25, 2011 - 11:16 PM

I think it's too low. It's reasonable for Kobe to be bumped down a little though. He clearly wasn't the same guy in the postseason as he was before. But...

How is Pau number 9 if Kobe is 6? Kobe needed to be more than a 23 PPG guy, but Pau being a 13 PPG guy on 42% shooting for a big is pathetic. The guy shouldn't be top 20 if we're going strictly by playoff performance.

Posted Image

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,613 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted August 25, 2011 - 11:38 PM

I would put Kobe at #1 just ahead of Wade and Dirk. I know, they both did better in this year's playoffs, but since Kobe had multiple injuries, and played on a team that didn't really show up, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

While LBJ and Dwight Howard easily are the best during the regular-season, they have shown that they do not have what it takes, to take a team all the way. LBJ choked in the Finals and Howard really doesn't have the intangibles. Until they show me something else, they cannot make my top 3.

#17 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted August 25, 2011 - 11:43 PM

Typical hating. I'd like to see any player in the league with all the injures KB had and see how productive they're.

Posted Image

#18 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,927 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted August 26, 2011 - 09:41 AM

No way in hell is Kobe no.6, none of these guys are better than Kobe! Kobe was obviously not healthy certainly not a 100% and still average 25 a game. None of these guys could average 25 a game if they were in Kobe condition. Some of them dont average 25 now and there not injured! The list is Bullcrap!

Because he was injured so much last year (hand, neck, knee, elbow) correlates to his drop off and his ratings amongst the games elite
The article never said Kobe doesnt have the potential to be in the top 1-5 slot did it.
But todays top players are determined off reality and what actually happend last season....not what if, or but's or maybes or coulda, shoulda, woulda talk.
And the reality is last year KB had a rough year physically.

We all agree the knee injury hurt KB's performance a lot. He basically had no latteral movement. So how could that not affect his rating amongst the elite players?

Its a new year. His knee has had lots of rest and it seems it will have even more w/ the lock out.

So if KB stays healthy and lights it up hes back to #1-5 on next seasons list.

But we cant ignore what actually happend last season. It makes us seem like fanboy homers.
Dont be mad, I love KB, I'm only being real. It is what it is.

Edited by LakersGAFan, August 26, 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#19 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,973 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted August 26, 2011 - 10:30 AM

What bothers me most is that it seems like they are blaming Kobe more for the Lakers playoff failure than Pau. Pau was pathetic. His ranking seems unchanged compared to Kobe's though in most lists.

If they are going to bump down Kobe, they sure as hell need to bump Gasol down too.

Posted Image

#20 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted August 26, 2011 - 11:54 AM

Because he was injured so much last year (hand, neck, knee, elbow) correlates to his drop off and his ratings amongst the games elite
The article never said Kobe doesnt have the potential to be in the top 1-5 slot did it.
But todays top players are determined off reality and what actually happend last season....not what if, or but's or maybes or coulda, shoulda, woulda talk.
And the reality is last year KB had a rough year physically.

We all agree the knee injury hurt KB's performance a lot. He basically had no latteral movement. So how could that not affect his rating amongst the elite players?

Its a new year. His knee has had lots of rest and it seems it will have even more w/ the lock out.

So if KB stays healthy and lights it up hes back to #1-5 on next seasons list.

But we cant ignore what actually happend last season. It makes us seem like fanboy homers.
Dont be mad, I love KB, I'm only being real. It is what it is.

The article says: Kobe Bryant’s days of being the NBA’s best active player are behind him! So the article is saying Kobe will no longer be 1-5! I dont think Kobe is no.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users