1. Brand - Odom is a wash. Except, Brand cost twice as much as Odom.
2. We'll be STACKED with undersized 2s. Lou Williams, Jodie Meeks and Goudelock
3. We still wont have a REAL pg, only old-timers Fish and Blake, and unproven Rookie Morris.
4. We will be THIN at the 3, which previously was our deepest position.
5. Because of 2) and 4) we would be forced to play Pau and Kobe extended minutes at the 3 and 5, respectively, which isn't their natural position.
6. The most important one: WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY CHANCE OF LANDING ANY BIG-TIME FA'S, LIKE HOWARD, CP3 OR D-WILL.
I think we have to agree to disagree. I'm repeating some things a lot. But, here is how I feel:
Again, it doesn't matter how much Brand makes. His contract expires in 2 seasons. The Lakers will still be way over the cap either way in 2 seasons. I think he can be better for the Lakers than Odom too. Odom's best season in a long time still had him produce similar numbers to Brand.
I like Lou Williams. Which is basically the biggest disagreement in this topic. I think he can be the PG for the Lakers. Can stay in front of his man, and can score too. Even if his passing skills aren't spectacular, Kobe is the primary ball-handler anyway. The Lakers need more offensive firepower.
At the 3, Barnes didn't make a huge impact like we thought he would. Kobe was fine playing some time there.
Pau's role is the same before the trade. Odom doesn't play any C, just like Brand. It wasn't Gasol playing minutes at C that messed him up. Nowitzki killed him too, and Bosh destroyed him in their March game as well.
I'm gonna ignore the rookies since I don't think any of them will contribute this year.
I doubt teams will go for Bynum and Odom. Getting a superstar for those 2 of course is better than this deal, but I think Bynum and Gasol will be the price those teams ask for their star, if they even put them on the trading block.
Edited by Japago, August 25, 2011 - 11:18 PM.