2011-2012 Official NFL Thread

• Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

#81 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,485 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:40 PM

I had big hopes for Julio Jones yesterday..let me down SMH

He had 1 big catch. Hes gonna be a star in time. He needs more time. And remember Asomugha was gaurding him and being very physical. Thats a testament to Jones imo. Thats a tuff match up for any rookie receiver though. Hes just gotta get use to the offense. Only experience can give you the tools to beat Asomugha in a 1 on 1.

When Matty Ice call the plays at the line they scored touchdowns and oved the ball great. Nobody could stop that offense. What the Bears defended last week wasnt what we saw lastnight in the 2nd half. The 2nd half was the Matt Ryan, no huddle, change the play 5 times at the line till the play clock hits 1 and hike while the D is trying to adjust.
In result 4 touchdowns and Turner was able to break a huge gain.
The Falcons offensive coordinator sux balls. Hes scared to open the game up with the best receiving core in the league and Matty Ice, the best play calling QB in the game (w/ Peyton Manning out) right now.
Why the hell would they change whats been working for 3 seasons.
The rumor going around ATL is that Matt Ryan didnt like the OCs play calling and early 2nd half shut off his communicator and decided to run the show.
If thats the truth The offensive coordinator should be fired cuzz the ATL offense couldnt be contained.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#82 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:41 PM

talent doesn't win championships.

yea it does.
name me a team who ever won a chip that didnt have talent and I will remove my testicals.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#83 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:42 PM

yea it does.
name me a team who ever won a chip that didnt have talent and I will remove my testicals.

steelers over seahawks, seahawks shoulda won

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#84 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:43 PM

Are you [expletive]ING SERIOUS! First it's Jon Beason ( top 3 NFL LB ) tears his achilles out for season...

Now... In the second [expletive]ing game our other LB Thomas Davis tears his ACL... Out for the season.

We can't catch a break. :(

Edited by GP1_KB24, September 19, 2011 - 12:44 PM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#85 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Are you [expletive]ING SERIOUS! First it's Jon Beason ( top 3 NFL LB ) tears his achilles out for season...

Now... In the second [expletive]ing game our other LB Thomas Davis tears his ACL... Out for the season.

We can't catch a break. :(

Damn that's some bad luck. Your top two LBs done for the year? N a top 5 LB in Beason?

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#86 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Cam sucks

Cam is actually going to be a very solid QB in this league. He plays smart, has a good arm and hes athletic. Hes not dial when it comes to precison but damn its only his second game. Hes running the offense very well imo. Of course theyre gonna need to add key pieces around him to be competitive though. But that comes with time. Matt Ryans been the real stuff since game 1 to but the team is still adding pieces necessary to compete in the playoffs (sidenote DB's would be nice...lol). The Lions are experiencing that now with Stafford. Cam doesnt have all the fundamentals yet but what rookie QB ever does. They all make mistakes when their rookies.
Mistakes is how you learn. Learning gives you confidence. Confidence makes a leader.
Even Montana, Marino and Brady had rookie growing pains. TBH Cam actually reminds me a bit of Elway when he was a rook. As time progresses and his team makes the right additions hes going to solid.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#87 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 753 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 19, 2011 - 02:07 PM

http://m.espn.go.com...storyId=6993319

[expletive] that, if that link doesn't work its saying nick collins the packers starting safety is out for the year and maybe his career... Just like last year packers are getting bitten by the injury bug

#88 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted September 19, 2011 - 07:43 PM

yea it does.

there are talented teams all over the league. Lions have had talent for decades and they've never been nothing but losers.

experienced teams win championships...teams with good coaching win championships...teams with a strong defense win championships.

nothing ever gets done on talent alone ESPECIALLY in the NFL.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#89 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 09:24 PM

there are talented teams all over the league. Lions have had talent for decades and they've never been nothing but losers.

experienced teams win championships...teams with good coaching win championships...teams with a strong defense win championships.

Agreed, Vikings, Chargers, etc are good examples

21lsbya.jpg

#90 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted September 20, 2011 - 04:55 AM

Bringing up the Lions and talking about how talent doesn't win championships...it reminds me of Barry Sanders. Perfect example. One of the baddest dudes I've ever seen since I've been watching football, probably the greatest RB in the history of the game (some will argue WP, but in my opinion, he's the only argument). The Lions didn't give him jack [expletive] to work with, for the most part, and for a long time, he didn't have an o-line, so he was tearing off players' ligaments just by shaking them silly.

#91 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 05:12 AM

Bringing up the Lions and talking about how talent doesn't win championships...it reminds me of Barry Sanders. Perfect example. One of the baddest dudes I've ever seen since I've been watching football, probably the greatest RB in the history of the game (some will argue WP, but in my opinion, he's the only argument). The Lions didn't give him jack [expletive] to work with, for the most part, and for a long time, he didn't have an o-line, so he was tearing off players' ligaments just by shaking them silly.

oh, there's no question about it...Barry Sanders is the best RB of all time and thats a scientific fact. lol

dude was simply sick...there's no other way to describe him.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#92 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 06:02 AM

Barry was so raw. His son ain't to bad either

21lsbya.jpg

#93 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 06:04 AM

Remember, the original idea was that the run game was going to support Newton and allow him to come along slowly, with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart carrying the load. However, the Panthers rank 29th in rushing and Newton is their leading rusher through two games (Williams and Stewart are averaging 2.5 yards per carry). The quarterback is also completing an impressive 63 percent of his passes with consecutive 400-yard games.

Newton is doing things no other rookie quarterback has ever come close to, and Sunday he did it against the best and most complex defense in the league ... without his starting right tackle to boot. The wins will come, and the future looks bright in Carolina.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#94 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 20, 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'm a Bears fan and was pretty happy with the first W of the season, but this offensive line is terrible. It's just ridiculous. I'm I guess a casual football watcher, I enjoy watching random games on Sunday and I follow the Bears, but I couldn't break down an offense or defense in football like I'd be able to with basketball and even I can see that the offensive line is one of the worst I've seen. Cutler gets sacked 6 times and they still run 47 running plays for the guy?! Forte was just killing it and he only had 10 carries?! He had 10 receptions, but damn our number one receiver shouldn't be our running back.

I hope the can pull it together, I think we have a good enough squad to get to the playoffs again.

#95 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 06:46 AM

thats what happens when you have mike martz

Pau Gasol is GONE

#96 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,485 posts

Posted September 20, 2011 - 11:56 AM

I knew what ya meant I was just [expletive]in wit ya.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#97 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,807 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted September 21, 2011 - 09:21 AM

45 passes for a rookie in his second game against the Champs is WAY to much.

We have 3 good RB's and never run the ball SMH

Do you know if you(Panthers) still got Tyrell Sutton? He was in GB for camp few years back and I really liked him.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#98 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted September 21, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Do you know if you(Panthers) still got Tyrell Sutton? He was in GB for camp few years back and I really liked him.

We just cut him this year.

Quote from Gil Brandt from NFL.com

I’ve scouted thousands of players and wouldn’t make this statement lightly: Through two games, Cam Newton is the most impressive rookie quarterback I've seen come into the league.

Obviously, it's a small sample size for Newton, but he followed up his 422-yard debut with 432 passing yards against the defending world champion Packers, which feature a defense that blitzes and tries to confuse QBs as much as any team.

It looks like Newton has everything that you want in a quarterback: Size, arm strength and work ethic. While the first two traits have obviously been on display so far, the biggest question about Newton coming into the league was his attitude.

When I saw Newton in training camp, he made his share of mistakes. But what really stood out was when a drill ended, he would lead the charge to the next one. We're talking about the first overall pick in the draft. That's what you look for to see how a guy is going to be.

Another example of Newton's work habits can be traced back to when he first transferred to Auburn. In early 2010, he texted several of his new teammates, saying he would be working out every weekend if anyone wanted to join him. Initially, four guys showed. After four or five weeks, there were 40 players working out. His commitment helped Auburn win a national title.

Read More: http://www.nfl.com/n...n-any-rookie-qb

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#99 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,513 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted September 22, 2011 - 12:21 PM

F Deangelo Hall!!

2hf753r.jpg