786 replies to this topic

#741 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,188 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 06, 2012 - 07:08 PM

Steve Young was too sick and you have to remember he had to retire too because of all the concussions he started getting so he would have risen even higher.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#742 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 06, 2012 - 07:16 PM

Steve Young was too sick

this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#743 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,503 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 07, 2012 - 11:30 PM

I watched Steve Young play for one thing. 7 Pro Bowls, 3 Championships, 2X MVP, Super Bowl MVP, HOFer.

By comparison, Joe Montana (whom most consider to be the GOAT) had 8 Prol Bowls, 4 Championships, 2X MVP, 3X Super Bowl MVP, HOFer

If you think Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are better all time QBs than Steve Young well then that just makes me giggle.

Also, Steve Young is 3rd all time in passer rating, 3rd all time in rushing yards by a QB, six passing titles (tied for most all time), most seasons with a passer rating over 100, etc.

I dare you to name me 5 QBs better than Steve Young...

Brett Favre? You mean the all time leader in INTs? lol

He has 2 of those rings as a back up. you're arguments fail. I don't give a [expletive] if you watched him play. I watched him play too. I saw him lose to Dallas and Green Bay many times. LOL He won his share but young isn't top 5.

his records aren't what I call dominate records. iconic records.

all those games you watched do you remember seeing Young falter any? Get benched? quarterback controversy? Remember Steve Bono?

As for Brett WGAS if he has the INT mark? You're the stat man the rest speaks for its self. don't start saying I think he's the best because I don't. I do think he is better than young ever was.

I also don't care if young had to retire. [expletive] happens. He threw to the greatest WR of all time his numbers better be outstanding.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#744 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2012 - 08:10 AM

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#745 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts

Posted February 12, 2012 - 03:05 PM

He has 2 of those rings as a back up. you're arguments fail. I don't give a [expletive] if you watched him play. I watched him play too. I saw him lose to Dallas and Green Bay many times. LOL He won his share but young isn't top 5.

his records aren't what I call dominate records. iconic records.

all those games you watched do you remember seeing Young falter any? Get benched? quarterback controversy? Remember Steve Bono?

As for Brett WGAS if he has the INT mark? You're the stat man the rest speaks for its self. don't start saying I think he's the best because I don't. I do think he is better than young ever was.

I also don't care if young had to retire. [expletive] happens. He threw to the greatest WR of all time his numbers better be outstanding.

Well hell, you asked me what I based his greatness off of and I told you. You watched him play? More like you watched youtube vids.

You make jokes about stats but how else are you gonna know the truth?

In ALL of Brett Favre's seasons, how many times did he have a passer rating of at least 100? ONCE...and that was with the Vikings.

BTW, you still haven't named those two active QBs...lol

What do you consider dominant/iconic records?

For every TD Favre gives you, he'll give you 3 INTs. And I'm still waiting on you to name those 5 QBs better than Steve Young.

And please, don't give me that "threw to the greatest WR of all time" bull[expletive] cause Joe Cool threw to him as well; No one wins with nothing.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#746 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,503 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 05:58 PM

Well hell, you asked me what I based his greatness off of and I told you. You watched him play? More like you watched youtube vids.

You make jokes about stats but how else are you gonna know the truth?
That's your problem you try to base everything off stats (stats lie). Where do Young's stats put him? Out the top 5.
In ALL of Brett Favre's seasons, how many times did he have a passer rating of at least 100? ONCE...and that was with the Vikings.
I honestly couldn't tell you (stats aren't everything to me. They lie), thanks for sharing :rolleyes: . Passer ratings :laughing: Tony Romo has a higher career passer rating than Young (96.9). See they do lie.
BTW, you still haven't named those two active QBs...lol
:laughing: How about I give you 4? Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers. Playing now, over Young. :laughing:
What do you consider dominant/iconic records?
Touchdowns(232. 23rd AT). Wins(94 tied for 17th AT). Yards(33,124 25th AT). MVP's(2). Young is in parenthesis BTW.
For every TD Favre gives you, he'll give you 3 INTs. And I'm still waiting on you to name those 5 QBs better than Steve Young.
HUH? This makes no sense. Dude had 1,008 career INT's? Favre, Montana, Marino, Unitas(you're right. never saw him play), Elway, Manning, Brady. In no particular order.
And please, don't give me that "threw to the greatest WR of all time" bull[expletive] cause Joe Cool threw to him as well; No one wins with nothing. But it's true. You think his stats would be the same without Rice and Owens? :blink: No way. No one wins with noting, but many do with a whole hell lot less.

Youtube? :facepalm: yeah OK. I don't talk out my ass (about stats) or speak off emotion like YOU DO. What part of me watching him play do you not understand? I'm 30 years old (been a fan for more than half my life. you do the math) I've seen him play plenty. Probably as much if not more than you did. He was good, his stats just aren't top 5 good. This is the last time I'm going over this. I'm done.

have at it.

#747 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Youtube? :facepalm: yeah OK. I don't talk out my ass (about stats) or speak off emotion like YOU DO. What part of me watching him play do you not understand? I'm 30 years old (been a fan for more than half my life. you do the math) I've seen him play plenty. Probably as much if not more than you did. He was good, his stats just aren't top 5 good. This is the last time I'm going over this. I'm done.

have at it.

All you've done is talk out of your ass. You're [expletive]ing over my list but won't give one of your own...until now???

And what the [expletive]? How in the hell do you expect me to read this [expletive]? You butchered the quote function.

lol @ Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers. Tom Brady is good and will be a HOFer but when is the last time he's won...anything? Virtually same thing with Peyton Manning...who happened to have two HOF receivers he was throwing to in Harrison and Wayne since you're gonna fault Montana for having Rice.

If anything you have to wait until these current QBs are done with their careers before you even compare them to legends.

And how are you gonna laugh at the passer ratings when the guys you listed (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers) all have high ratings? And stats don't have to mean everything because they don't but surely you can recognize the many INTs that Favre threw to sabotage his team(s). Tony Romo? Don't even get me started on him.

Touchdowns as "iconic" records? Pretty sure TDs are considered stats but whatever...I'll play along. Does 6 TDs in a playoff game mean anything to you? Because Young has accomplished that. Most rushing TDs by a QB? Steve Young.

Steve Young only played 14 seasons; in comparison, Brett Favre played 20 seasons, Peyton has already played 14 seasons, Brady is going to his what...13th season?

Pretty sure yards are stats too. Yardage can be such an "empty stat". Look at the QBs who are 5th-10th all time in yardage:

5. Warren Moon
6. Fran Tarkenton
7. Vinny Testaverde
8. Drew Bledsoe
9. Dan Fouts
10. Kerry Collins

I guess that means these guys are better all time QBs than Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Steve Young, and Tom Brady, huh? Hell, Donovan McNabb has more all time yardage than Young so I guess we better say he's better than him too.

Wins? Steve Young is not doing to shabby in that regard either but there are guys ahead of him like Phil Simms, Ken Stabler, Drew Bledsoe, so that must mean they're better. Football is not tennis.

MVPs? Young has 2 and a SB MVP. Only QBs to have more MVPs than Steve Young are Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, and Johnny Unitas.

And the interceptions? It's not difficult to grasp. Brett Favre has a lot of records...he's a legend but he also has the record for most INTs with 336. Does the 2002 Divisional Playoff game against the Rams mean anything to you? He has the most career playoff interceptions too. Brett Favre giveth and Brett Favre taketh away.

With regards to Jerry Rice: Are you gonna fault Peyton for having Harrison and Wayne? Favre for having Sterling Sharpe, Donald Driver, etc? How about Tom Brady for having Randy Moss? Wes Welker?

And I'm 29 and have been watching the NFL for virtually all of my life.

You're underrating the hell out of Steve Young.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#748 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,503 posts

Posted February 14, 2012 - 04:32 PM

All you've done is talk out of your ass. You're [expletive]ing over my list but won't give one of your own...until now???

And what the [expletive]? How in the hell do you expect me to read this [expletive]? You butchered the quote function.

lol @ Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers. Tom Brady is good and will be a HOFer but when is the last time he's won...anything? Virtually same thing with Peyton Manning...who happened to have two HOF receivers he was throwing to in Harrison and Wayne since you're gonna fault Montana for having Rice.

If anything you have to wait until these current QBs are done with their careers before you even compare them to legends.

And how are you gonna laugh at the passer ratings when the guys you listed (Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers) all have high ratings? And stats don't have to mean everything because they don't but surely you can recognize the many INTs that Favre threw to sabotage his team(s). Tony Romo? Don't even get me started on him.

Touchdowns as "iconic" records? Pretty sure TDs are considered stats but whatever...I'll play along. Does 6 TDs in a playoff game mean anything to you? Because Young has accomplished that. Most rushing TDs by a QB? Steve Young.

Steve Young only played 14 seasons; in comparison, Brett Favre played 20 seasons, Peyton has already played 14 seasons, Brady is going to his what...13th season?

Pretty sure yards are stats too. Yardage can be such an "empty stat". Look at the QBs who are 5th-10th all time in yardage:

5. Warren Moon
6. Fran Tarkenton
7. Vinny Testaverde
8. Drew Bledsoe
9. Dan Fouts
10. Kerry Collins

I guess that means these guys are better all time QBs than Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, Steve Young, and Tom Brady, huh? Hell, Donovan McNabb has more all time yardage than Young so I guess we better say he's better than him too.

Wins? Steve Young is not doing to shabby in that regard either but there are guys ahead of him like Phil Simms, Ken Stabler, Drew Bledsoe, so that must mean they're better. Football is not tennis.

MVPs? Young has 2 and a SB MVP. Only QBs to have more MVPs than Steve Young are Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, and Johnny Unitas.

And the interceptions? It's not difficult to grasp. Brett Favre has a lot of records...he's a legend but he also has the record for most INTs with 336. Does the 2002 Divisional Playoff game against the Rams mean anything to you? He has the most career playoff interceptions too. Brett Favre giveth and Brett Favre taketh away.

With regards to Jerry Rice: Are you gonna fault Peyton for having Harrison and Wayne? Favre for having Sterling Sharpe, Donald Driver, etc? How about Tom Brady for having Randy Moss? Wes Welker?

And I'm 29 and have been watching the NFL for virtually all of my life.

You're underrating the hell out of Steve Young.

:D
I'm done.

#749 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts

Posted March 09, 2012 - 07:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...k-st-louis-rams

wow. Redskins making a move for RG3

Pau Gasol is GONE

#750 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 09, 2012 - 10:09 PM

Great move for the Redskins.

People keep saying they gave up too much but in reality, they gave up two future firsts and second rounder. They didn't trade away three first rounders, one of the three was upgrading their pick to the #2 pick.

#751 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 749 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born

Posted March 09, 2012 - 11:58 PM

Well lets hope for the redskins sake that RG 3 is a great quarterback if not then well sucks to be a redskins fan lol

#752 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 12, 2012 - 10:00 AM

Luck can't do this..

Posted Image

Edited by GP1_KB24, March 12, 2012 - 10:01 AM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#753 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,089 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 12, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Randy Moss to the Niners

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#754 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 01:15 PM

Free agency is here!

Looks like my Bucs are close to signing WR Vincent Jackson

Pierre Garcon has signed with the Washington Redskins

The Dolphins agreed to trade WR Brandon Marshall to the Bears for two third-round draft picks

Pau Gasol is GONE

#755 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 749 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born

Posted March 13, 2012 - 04:14 PM

I think that dolphins trade takes that out of the running for peyton.

#756 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 04:20 PM

it would appear that way because who would manning be throwing the ball to? Maybe they have a backup plan

Pau Gasol is GONE

#757 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,079 posts

Posted March 13, 2012 - 05:02 PM

http://espn.go.com/n...eal-source-says

:rock:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#758 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,089 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 13, 2012 - 07:28 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7682606/2012-nfl-free-agency-vincent-jackson-tampa-bay-buccaneers-reach-5-year-55m-deal-source-says

:rock:

Nice pickup Windu

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#759 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted March 13, 2012 - 08:57 PM

Bears going hard

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#760 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,731 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 13, 2012 - 08:59 PM

[expletive] the bears, but a cutler/b.marshall reunion with a RB as deadly as Forte. that [expletive]'s gonna be deadly.

2div

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users