Lakers get:

Joe Johnson
Kirk Hinrich
Zaza Pachulia

Hawks get:

Pau Gasol
Shannon Brown (Sign and Trade)
$4.75 mil Trade Exception

Lakers get better production at the 3 and have Odom to start. They also get their starting PG. Zaza Pachulia can play around 18 minutes a game behind Bynum.

Pau and Joe put up similar stats offensively, but the Hawks get rebounding they desperately need as one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. Pau's contract is actually better than Joe Johnson's contract and Joe is only a year younger. Shannon Brown can play both PG and SG and is younger than Hinrich. Jeff Teague played more minutes than Hinrich in the playoffs and seems like he is ready to start.

If anything, I think the Hawks are looking to make a big splash as well after years of 2nd round playoff exits.

Posted Image

#2 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted July 29, 2011 - 05:26 AM

:hysterical:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#3 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted July 29, 2011 - 05:46 AM

:whistle:

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2011 - 07:13 AM

Well, I guess I'm just desperate to find something for Pau. Joe Johnson at least played well in the playoffs.

Posted Image

#5 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted July 29, 2011 - 07:20 AM

Well, I guess I'm just desperate to find something for Pau. Joe Johnson at least played well in the playoffs.

Joe Johnson has an Inflated contract and is only a year younger than Gasol, I think we can do better

#6 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 07:28 AM

Joe Johnson has an Inflated contract and is only a year younger than Gasol, I think we can do better

I don't. Pau's contract is among the worst in the league. And, I really think in my heart that he's done. I don't see anyway the Lakers get equal value for him other than taking back a worse contract or taking back somebody around the same age. He hasn't seemed to show his age either.

Posted Image

#7 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 08:41 AM

I don't. Pau's contract is among the worst in the league. And, I really think in my heart that he's done. I don't see anyway the Lakers get equal value for him other than taking back a worse contract or taking back somebody around the same age. He hasn't seemed to show his age either.

I think Pau is done only as a Laker! I think Pau should be traded before he loses his value. We need an influx of young athletic players and trading Pau is the answer. Gasol performance was obviously affected by off court issues now that he and his girlfriend seem to have gotten passed that I think his value is still there. So we need to trade him now while he still has something left in the tank.

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 09:15 AM

I think Pau is done only as a Laker! I think Pau should be traded before he loses his value. We need an influx of young athletic players and trading Pau is the answer. Gasol performance was obviously affected by off court issues now that he and his girlfriend seem to have gotten passed that I think his value is still there. So we need to trade him now while he still has something left in the tank.

His value is already diminished in the league. It's going to be hard for Lakers are going to find a young 2nd option type player by trading Gasol. The only time I see that is when a team is rebuilding and just want salary cap relief in return. In this trade, they at least get a 2nd option guy that hasn't looked old yet.

Edited by Japago, July 29, 2011 - 09:16 AM.

Posted Image

#9 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,689 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted July 29, 2011 - 09:17 AM

You are going to be surprised.
Posted Image

#10 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 29, 2011 - 09:29 AM

i dont like johnsons contract but we would have to get a backup 4 like landry or west or hayes
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#11 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,782 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 29, 2011 - 10:07 AM

We don't need a shooting guard and we have Barnes at Artest at small forward. If we do get a shooting guard, it needs to be someone playing off the bench behind Kobe at around 15 minutes a game, not someone of Joe Johnson's caliber.

#12 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 10:16 AM

i dont like johnsons contract but we would have to get a backup 4 like landry or west or hayes

I say we pass on Johnson we can do better, I have been preaching Laundry for the Longest

#13 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2011 - 10:38 AM

Add Josh Smith and you got a deal

#14 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 10:46 AM

We don't need a shooting guard and we have Barnes at Artest at small forward. If we do get a shooting guard, it needs to be someone playing off the bench behind Kobe at around 15 minutes a game, not someone of Joe Johnson's caliber.

He can play SF. He's got the size for it.

I kept in mind that making this deal would mean World Peace leaving. He has a bad contract, but I don't think it will be impossible to move him because I hear about teams all the time needing good perimeter defenders.

Posted Image

#15 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 11:02 AM

He can play SF. He's got the size for it.

I kept in mind that making this deal would mean World Peace leaving. He has a bad contract, but I don't think it will be impossible to move him because I hear about teams all the time needing good perimeter defenders.

Joe Johnson still has 5 years left on that monster contract...its just too big

#16 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted July 29, 2011 - 11:14 AM

lakers would be better off trading for afflalo or signing deshawn stevenson
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#17 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,872 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 29, 2011 - 12:13 PM

For No-Show Joe? I didn't see him do much of anything in the playoffs. He was shut down in 8 of those 12 games. His first game against Orlando was big, first game against Chicago was big...and that's about it. Maybe three good games.

In fact, in those six games against Orlando, he struggled in five of them (the last five), locked up in Game 5. This is a guy that shoots more than he drives (so Howard wasn't exactly a factor), and he was being defended by Jason Richardson, who isn't known for his defense.

The two good games he had against the Bulls made his other 3-4 look great, but he struggled shooting the ball again. Bogans defended him well, and Deng was on him also, but if we're talking about what he did in the playoffs, he didn't do much.

And, over the last three years or so, he has been a wreck in the postseason. He was DOMINATED (can't even think of a better word) in seven consecutive games in 2010, three by the Bucks and four in a sweep against Orlando (with Vince Carter defending him).

The previous season, Wade was injured and still averaged 29/5/5 on him, and held him pretty well, also.

Before that, he had just one memorable game against the champs (Boston) in 2008, dropped 30 or so, but I won't dig too deep into it because Boston was locking up everyone and were the best defensive team in the NBA.

Since he accepted the large role in Atlanta (far larger than his role in Phoenix), he has struggled to produce when it matters most. I'm not even sure if Johnson could step back down into a second scoring option role, at a position he doesn't like playing (SF), playing alongside Kobe (who has to have the ball) and Drew (who has to have the ball).

In three years, we'd be left with Johnson and Drew, and a deferring Kobe, and that would be tough to watch.

#18 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 02:10 PM

With Kobe getting older, I think the Lakers can use a guy that's more aggressive offensively. He can be closer to a 1a than a true number 2 guy because plenty of players on the Lakers just aren't aggressive at all with their offense. I think he'll get the same amount of touches. He can also play better than Gasol did as the primary go to guy when Kobe is on the bench.

His playoff stats seem ok enough, but I admit that I don't remember much about exactly how he played from game to game. He was definitely better than Gasol though. And, Gasol wasn't that good of a playoff performer either before the back-to-back title teams.

Plus, I think Hinrich would have a huge impact on the Lakers.

I'll say this though. If Pau Gasol is offered as the only key piece in a trade, I think Joe Johnson is the best single player the Lakers can get. I don't mind the contract much because the Lakers need to put all their chips in to try and win now.

Posted Image

#19 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 03:01 PM

With Kobe getting older, I think the Lakers can use a guy that's more aggressive offensively. He can be closer to a 1a than a true number 2 guy because plenty of players on the Lakers just aren't aggressive at all with their offense. I think he'll get the same amount of touches. He can also play better than Gasol did as the primary go to guy when Kobe is on the bench.

His playoff stats seem ok enough, but I admit that I don't remember much about exactly how he played from game to game. He was definitely better than Gasol though. And, Gasol wasn't that good of a playoff performer either before the back-to-back title teams.

Plus, I think Hinrich would have a huge impact on the Lakers.

I'll say this though. If Pau Gasol is offered as the only key piece in a trade, I think Joe Johnson is the best single player the Lakers can get. I don't mind the contract much because the Lakers need to put all their chips in to try and win now.

I respect your opinion here I just think that Joe Johnson is declining, his contract is to much money for too many years 5,and I believe we can do better than Joe Johnson plus Kirk Hinrich and Johnson are both 30 we need to break that trend and get and influx of youth and athleticism

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 29, 2011 - 04:08 PM

I wouldn't even want Joe Johnson for Pau Gasol and that speaks volumes.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users