#21 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted July 29, 2011 - 04:57 AM

yes I do, what about you mr stud? :laughing:

No I don't. I'm just curious how you find time to post on TLN. Shouldn't you be spending every single minute of every day dedicating your life to work?

Posted Image

#22 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2011 - 05:28 AM

Sweet. Can they keep him?

#23 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,311 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted July 29, 2011 - 06:17 AM

I know this is Los Angeles and Hollywood, but I'm honestly sick and [expletive]ing tired of all of these shows. If this is all done in the off-season, then so be it; I still think that these players would be better suited working on their game (i.e. ANY way to make Artest's offensive game less horrible), but I guess it is their free time...But even though Odom's show was taped during the season, and not the playoffs, I think anything similar to that should not be allowed in the future. We don't know what happened to our team last year, but we need to minimize these stupid distractions.

This.
However dancing may help his agility, foot speed and maybe his lift. And since he barely had any foot speed last season this may be a good work out.
All I'm saying is that Ron doing DWTS in comparrison to filming rap videos while drinking XO is a step in the better direction.

#24 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,850 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted July 29, 2011 - 06:45 AM

Break a leg Ron(and void your contract)!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#25 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted July 29, 2011 - 11:47 AM

No I don't. I'm just curious how you find time to post on TLN. Shouldn't you be spending every single minute of every day dedicating your life to work?

of course not don't be silly stud, posting on TLN only takes a few minutes :laughing: , If I cared about my work enough I would spend "most" of my time taking care of business and that goes for anyone with any job, how do I know if someone spends most of their time doing work? Well I dont, I'm not by Rons side 24/7 I dont know what he spends most of his time doing, but by watching him play and reading his tweets :laughing: you get a good sense of that.

Stud, open your eyes man, Ron Artest had a bad season, have you thought about why? :hmm: here's a wild idea, and this is totally hypothetical now, what if he spent more time going to clubs, partying, recording music videos/songs, reality shows and etc.. then practicing on his game!?!? :o I know I know its a bit of a stretch but its possible ;)

As of now, the players are out of a job, that gives them a chance to do what they want, if Ron Artest wants to be on Dancing With The Stars he has the right to do so, call me crazy but I think if I were him I wouldn't spend anytime doing something that's non basketball related, he already did that during the regular season :huh:

Edited by TheMadSci, July 29, 2011 - 11:59 AM.

The North Remembers

#26 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2011 - 01:34 PM

Ariza bailed on us. He wanted a larger role and a bigger paycheck, and he wasn't patient when making his decision.

But, you know that.

bull he gets paid the same as artest, Mitch negotiated for a day then cut tides, artest was thought to be better

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted July 30, 2011 - 12:01 AM

bull he gets paid the same as artest, Mitch negotiated for a day then cut tides, artest was thought to be better

Well, provided the fact that I was following the situation closely with a couple of guys that cover basketball (Alex Kennedy being one), I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you do. Mitch didn't cut TIES, it was Ariza that wanted the bigger role and bigger bucks. He was under the impression he was going to get the money, also, and he was willing to wait for it.

The Lakers weren't going to wait, and it was Ariza's agent that told us Trev was done in LA. We listened, found Ron, and it was Trevor who ended up with less money, struggling with a larger role on the offensive end, and probably wishing he was back in Lakerland.

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted August 28, 2011 - 09:13 AM

http://www.terezowen...-stars/#respond

Los Angeles Lakers forward Ron Artest will put on his dancing shoes on the newest season of ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars”. My source close to Ron Ron has confirmed that Artest is one of the participants on the 13th season of DWTS. The complete cast will be announced tomorrow during ABC’s “The Bachelor Pad…Artest will be dancing into our hearts and home starting Monday, September 19th..-TO

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted August 28, 2011 - 02:49 PM

I need artest to do TWO things, defend and make OPEN shots and to be quite honest with you, he does none of them well, especially defending.

Posted Image

#30 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,076 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted August 28, 2011 - 10:09 PM

^One of the best gifs i've ever seen haha

#31 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 08:55 AM

Well, provided the fact that I was following the situation closely with a couple of guys that cover basketball (Alex Kennedy being one), I'm pretty sure I know more about it than you do. Mitch didn't cut TIES, it was Ariza that wanted the bigger role and bigger bucks. He was under the impression he was going to get the money, also, and he was willing to wait for it.

The Lakers weren't going to wait, and it was Ariza's agent that told us Trev was done in LA. We listened, found Ron, and it was Trevor who ended up with less money, struggling with a larger role on the offensive end, and probably wishing he was back in Lakerland.

thats not how i remembered it, he asked for more money, we took a day negotiating, we called artest and he took less money, undercut ariza. But at the same time, we took 2 whole months negotiating a contract with Lamar, that paid him above the mid level. So why would we take 2 months negotiating with Lamar and a day negotiating with Trevor... because Mitch thought artest who was going to turn 30 wasnt washed up.

But what does he do when he comes to LA... refuses to stay out of the news, while not working on his jumper. You know what it does to the offense when they can just leave artest open in the corner? It forces teams to double down in the paint and clogs the lane for Kobe.

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 09:21 AM

thats not how i remembered it, he asked for more money, we took a day negotiating, we called artest and he took less money, undercut ariza. But at the same time, we took 2 whole months negotiating a contract with Lamar, that paid him above the mid level. So why would we take 2 months negotiating with Lamar and a day negotiating with Trevor... because Mitch thought artest who was going to turn 30 wasnt washed up.

But what does he do when he comes to LA... refuses to stay out of the news, while not working on his jumper. You know what it does to the offense when they can just leave artest open in the corner? It forces teams to double down in the paint and clogs the lane for Kobe.

Wow talk about twisting the facts lol Trevor was the first person Mitch called and his agent and said go find the highest offer you can find around the league and we will match it, Ariza's agent bluffed that somebody offered $9 mil, Mitch called it bluff and moved on to find Artest (Who at that time was better than Ariza) for the same amount they would've ofered Ariza. Turns out Mitch was right, there was no team that offered Trev the 9 million per year and he ended up signing up for the MLE which everyone thought he's actually worth.

Artest was rock solid in his 1st year with the Lakers, he was brought here to play defense, our overall team D and 3FG% defense improved because of him. He hit lots of timely shots in the Utah and Phoenix series and made Durant's life hell in the 1st round. We wouldn't have won Game 7 of the Finals if he didn't hit his 3s and didn't lock up Pierce.

To some extent I agree that he hasn't focused on basketball especially over the last year but there's no doubt in my mind he played a huge part in winning the 2010 championship

And as for negotiating with Lamar...we needed to take the time, he isn't easily replaceable especially considering Glass Knees Bynum is always hurt we needed an insurance policy and turns out Lamar became one of the highest paid bench players in the league.

Edited by MDI, August 29, 2011 - 09:24 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,329 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 29, 2011 - 10:09 AM

:phil: should be on there.... :laughing:

veqdeg.jpg

#34 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 10:10 AM

:phil: should be on there.... :laughing:

That'd be quite awesome to see :laughing:

#35 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 03:40 PM

Per Kevin Ding from the OC Register, Ron will be on Dancing With The Stars

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/08/29/ron-artest-lined-u-to-dance-vs-rob-kardashian/57889/

Even if it appears Ron Artest doesn’t want to discovered in the accompanying photo from celebuzz.com of new cast members heading to “Dancing with the Stars” rehearsals Sunday, the Lakers-colored shoes and Ball’N brand of shorts (his sneaker brand from last season) are good indicators.

The full list of celebrities to be announced Monday night, according to the DWTSGossip Twitter account, will include Lamar Odom’s brother-in-law Rob Kardashian to compete against the soon-to-be Metta WorldPeace.
The full list of others: Nancy Grace, Kristin Cavallari, Ricki Lake, Chynna Phillips, Hope Solis, Elizabetta Canalis, David Arquette, Ryan O’Neal, JR Martinez and Chaz Bono.

Odom’s loyalties will be torn as he watches the show. Rob Kardashian is Odom’s and Khloe Kardashian’s housemate now (and co-star on “Khloe & Lamar” on E! network), but Artest and Odom go way back to Queens and their youth besides being Lakers teammates now during the NBA lockout.
Artest previously said: “I play defense, but I don’t know if I can dance.” The show’s 13th season debuts with a two-hour Sept. 19 premiere on ABC

Edited by MDI, August 29, 2011 - 03:49 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#36 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted August 29, 2011 - 03:43 PM

Gonna be interesting to see not only Artest on this show but also Nancy Grace :laughing:

#37 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted September 04, 2011 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#38 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 06:22 AM

Wow talk about twisting the facts lol Trevor was the first person Mitch called and his agent and said go find the highest offer you can find around the league and we will match it, Ariza's agent bluffed that somebody offered $9 mil, Mitch called it bluff and moved on to find Artest (Who at that time was better than Ariza) for the same amount they would've ofered Ariza. Turns out Mitch was right, there was no team that offered Trev the 9 million per year and he ended up signing up for the MLE which everyone thought he's actually worth.

Artest was rock solid in his 1st year with the Lakers, he was brought here to play defense, our overall team D and 3FG% defense improved because of him. He hit lots of timely shots in the Utah and Phoenix series and made Durant's life hell in the 1st round. We wouldn't have won Game 7 of the Finals if he didn't hit his 3s and didn't lock up Pierce.

To some extent I agree that he hasn't focused on basketball especially over the last year but there's no doubt in my mind he played a huge part in winning the 2010 championship

And as for negotiating with Lamar...we needed to take the time, he isn't easily replaceable especially considering Glass Knees Bynum is always hurt we needed an insurance policy and turns out Lamar became one of the highest paid bench players in the league.

How was artest better than ariza at the time? he came into the season and stunk it up... did you see what trevor did in the playoffs? HE WAS CLUTCH! He didnt need a therapist or none of that.

#39 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted September 05, 2011 - 07:17 AM

How was artest better than ariza at the time? he came into the season and stunk it up... did you see what trevor did in the playoffs? HE WAS CLUTCH! He didnt need a therapist or none of that.

Do you think Ariza shuts down Kevin Durant in 1st round series? KD was the best scorer in the game that year by the way
Do you think Ariza locks up Paul Pierce for most of the NBA Finals especially Game 7?

2009 playoff run for Ariza...11.3 points, 4.2 rebounds, 2.3 assists, 1.7 Turnovers 50% FG 48% 3FG
2010 playoff run for Artest 11.2 points, 4.0 rebounds 2.1 assists 1.1 turnovers 40% FG, 30% 3 FG

they both essentially have the same numbers but Artest played much superior D.

Heck in the recent playoff series vs each other Ron nearly out played, Ariza has higher stats only because he played more minutes while Ron played less because of Blowouts in Game 2 and Game 6

Ariza 40 minutes per game, 15.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists 41% FG 33% 3FG
Artest 33 minutes per game, 11.8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 50% FG, 40% 3 FG

Edited by MDI, September 05, 2011 - 07:23 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#40 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted September 19, 2011 - 08:03 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871