#441 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 4,399 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 10, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Problem is all that stuff you just said completely undoes the growth she had in Winter Soldier.

after Winter Soldier for all intents and purposes she shouldnt be in 'that' area anymore nor lost. Which is why fans are back lashing so hard because they felt it was a major step back in the growth she'd made in the previous films to make her the 'vulnerable one' and I can see their point. It at times is as if winter soldier black widow and AOU black widow are two different characters. So I can see why there's been such backlash.

Anyone that is expecting steady character growth, strong plot, or even traditional  literary techniques/devices within a Hollywood film of superheros is kidding themselves. These films are made because the average consumer knows who the heros are, and they also like the fighting and seeing [expletive] blow up. I have said I am not happy with the way AOU played out story wise and also the other parts I didn't like, but that should be expected from these sort of films. You don't watch a superhero movie based loosely off of comics for strong story mechanics, you watch it for the action. 

If this was suppose to be an award winning film in terms of story telling, character development, and strong plot I would understand those gripes. However, anyone that enters a movie theater expecting to watch a superhero film should know those things won't be in the movie. If they are they make the film that much better, but their absence should be surprising to no one. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#442 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 45,735 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 10, 2015 - 02:00 PM

You obviously didn't watch winter Soldier if that's what you think expected and executed. Go watch Winter Soldier. It's a lot more than "oh its THAT comic character! Stuff blows up!!! Yay!!"

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#443 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 4,399 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 10, 2015 - 06:07 PM

You obviously didn't watch winter Soldier if that's what you think expected and executed. Go watch Winter Soldier. It's a lot more than "oh its THAT comic character! Stuff blows up!!! Yay!!"

Been roughly a year since I have seen it, but I don't recall anything that amazing film wise. Could be wrong though, I just know I can't remember ever watching a Marvel or DC superhero movie and leaving from it with my mind blown from how well the story and literary elements were. Then again I possibly have a much different taste than most that watch those movies.

Either way we can both agree on AOU could have been done better, especially when it comes to setting up civil war. After watching AOU and the way it had those small instances showing Hawkeye and his family it really made it seem like he was going to die, but then he lived. It makes me wonder if they are gonna make Cap pull throw Civil war somehow. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 10, 2015 - 06:08 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#444 Majesty

Majesty

• 45,735 posts

Posted May 13, 2015 - 04:29 PM

CE57DDeVAAA9cDW.jpg

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#445 Majesty

Majesty

• 45,735 posts

Posted May 14, 2015 - 06:59 PM

I had to do it.. 

#446 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,984 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted May 14, 2015 - 08:59 PM

I mean when stark convinces banner again... Wtf? Dude just remember what happened last time, I know the plot demanded that but come on.
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#447 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 20,821 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 09:56 PM

Saw it. Definite step down from the first one and from winter soldier and guardians of the Galaxy

I'd say right now marvel movies go like this

Winter soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers
Iron man tied with avengers 2

This movie was good not great. Should have progressed in quality. Not regressed, now that's not to say the entire movie regressed, the action sequences were much better and more creative than previously, I'd say on par with the action sequences in winter soldier. And the chemistry between the avengers was as good as ever but man was the pacing horrible. It was so bad. So much rushing. Ultron is created before you can blink. Almost everything was rushed.

If I were to put a finger on why it'd probably be because avengers 1 had all of phase 1 building up these characters. Stark, Thor, cap, Loki, fury, etc and then culminated in avengers

Ultron felt weird. It felt like nothing from phase 2 mattered outside of miniature things like falcon being present. The best way to describe it would be ultron felt like a dragon ball z movie. How you had the anime and then these movies that had nothing to do with the timeline and made no sense in relation to the show but had the characters fighting some cool bad guy

This movie felt like that. Literally outside of some shield mentions and falcon I feel like 95% of phase 2 wouldn't have mattered. In fact you could have released this movie in 2013 a year after the first and I feel like I'd probably feel the exact same like I didn't really miss any of the between stuff

The movie relies a ton on assumptions. Which is fine but the mark was missed quite a bit which is pretty weird because some of it seems so simple

Instead of tony stark gets vision and out of fear creates ultron who loses his mind and becomes a villain (all within 3 days btw)

Why not the obvious choice. After giving up iron man tony stark decides to build a suit of armor around the world and begins the ultron program and after months of work and the retrieval of Lokis staff ultron is complete but loses his mind and now iron man is forced out of retirement

Now how simple and more logical is that to the continuity of phase 2, not to mention more sensible

Maybe even open with ultron being completed and witnessing some sort of avengers battle like the one for the staff and losing faith in the avengers and therefore turning evil.

Both ideas make more sense.

It amazes me how these ideas weren't obvious. They accomplish the exact same endgame in a sensible manner and under the umbrella of continuity they set up

At the end of the day this movie felt like a standalone with mentions of phase 2 unlike the first which felt like a real cap to phase 1. This made it feel like all of the character motivations were coming out of nowhere and It was noticeable for me but was also still a good action movie

7.5/10
Posted Image

#448 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 3,266 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 15, 2015 - 10:05 PM

spot on last stand. 

Ultron came and left so quickly it felt in this movie. DBZ movie reference was spot on

ap1.png

#449 Majesty

Majesty

• 45,735 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 10:09 PM

Why not the obvious choice. After giving up iron man tony stark decides to build a suit of armor around the world and begins the ultron program and after months of work and the retrieval of Lokis staff ultron is complete but loses his mind and now iron man is forced out of retirement

THAT plus all the destruction Ultron causes would have been the perfect catalyst to put Tony Stark into "Civil War" frame of mind.   But now I fear THAT is gonna be rushed as well or deviate completely from the storyline. 

Edited by Majesty, May 15, 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#450 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 20,821 posts

Posted May 15, 2015 - 10:23 PM

THAT plus all the destruction Ultron causes would have been the perfect catalyst to put Tony Stark into "Civil War" frame of mind. But now I fear THAT is gonna be rushed as well or deviate completely from the storyline.

I actually thought they set up civil war fine. The wood chopping was a good one, the constant jabs from tony calling cap boss.

Tony and cap being at odds has been a consistent thing throughout the movies. I think the big thing is going to be the government deciding when and where the avengers are called. That's where they'll differ and some avengers will side with tony and some with cap

I think civil war is an easier movie to not mess up.

Also I think tony is in a civil war frame of mind. He left the avengers. He isn't one anymore. He may in fact be behind trying to regulate them
Posted Image

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)