Photo

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (5-1-15) - 1st look at Captain America's AOU suit (pg.12)

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#141 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,961 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted October 02, 2012 - 09:20 AM

Posted Image

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#142 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Finally got to watching this like on wednesday.

Initially, I watched it with a cousin who hardly speaks or understands english. So I watched it in spanish.

Kinda confused at the beginning with the whole blue cube thing and the Loki dude.

I feel as if to better understand stuff I needed to watch Thor and Captain America(already seen Ironman 1&2).

I wasn't really wowed until the NYC scene. Pretty bad ass. Excellent CGI.

I watched it again Saturday morning, in english, and liked it better. Plenty of comedic moments. RDJ stole the show as Tony Stark/Ironman. Hulk and his ass whooping was 2nd.

Renner was solid. Johansson was solid as well. Eye candy more than anything.

Thor was impressive. Not familiar with his character at all, but I wanna watch Thor now.

Cobie Smulders ftw. She's beautiful. Love her eyes.

Johansson. Smulders. Paltrow. All looked great.

I give it an 8/10.

Without that epic action in NYC it would have been like a 7 imo.

Gotta say, I liked TDKR better. Liked it from beggining to end and was glued to the screen the whole time. Didn't check my phone or even looked down when reaching for my popcorn or coke.

But yeah, 2nd best superhero film of 2012, hands down.

#143 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 08, 2012 - 05:03 AM

yeh, you should watch Thor

Pau Gasol is GONE

#144 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:51 AM

still going to pick up the bluray at some point, but downloaded a 1080p version of this to watch again in the meantime...

Posted Image

#145 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 02:53 PM

Finally got to watching this like on wednesday.

Initially, I watched it with a cousin who hardly speaks or understands english. So I watched it in spanish.

Kinda confused at the beginning with the whole blue cube thing and the Loki dude.

I feel as if to better understand stuff I needed to watch Thor and Captain America(already seen Ironman 1&2).

I wasn't really wowed until the NYC scene. Pretty bad ass. Excellent CGI.

I watched it again Saturday morning, in english, and liked it better. Plenty of comedic moments. RDJ stole the show as Tony Stark/Ironman. Hulk and his ass whooping was 2nd.

Renner was solid. Johansson was solid as well. Eye candy more than anything.

Thor was impressive. Not familiar with his character at all, but I wanna watch Thor now.

Cobie Smulders ftw. She's beautiful. Love her eyes.

Johansson. Smulders. Paltrow. All looked great.

I give it an 8/10.

Without that epic action in NYC it would have been like a 7 imo.

Gotta say, I liked TDKR better. Liked it from beggining to end and was glued to the screen the whole time. Didn't check my phone or even looked down when reaching for my popcorn or coke.

But yeah, 2nd best superhero film of 2012, hands down.

i'm pretty much the same. though i'd give avengers an 8.5/10.

Thor isn't important other than understanding some of his character and his relationship with loki. don't bother with Captain america. offers nothing important for the avengers or captain america even. though thor is enjoyable so i'd watch it just for that
Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 03:26 PM

yeh, you should watch Thor

Plus it's got Natalie Portman in it. That never huts, AND Kat Dennings (although she shows like no cleavage, huge disappointment).

yo.

#147 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 04:37 PM

Thor was more enjoyable in the movie...Thor.

Watch Captain America too (some people actually like it over Thor) as it has its moments...not a bad movie at all.

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#148 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 05:01 PM

I didn't like captain america at all. boring as hell, and useless in the grand scheme of things

i can sum up the necessary parts of captain america in one sentence. thats how boring i thought the movie was
Posted Image

• 40,395 posts

Posted October 08, 2012 - 06:22 PM

Captain America's love interest wasn't too bad.

yo.

#150 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted October 09, 2012 - 05:03 AM

Posted Image

Pau Gasol is GONE

#151 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,961 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:10 PM

http://youtu.be/gYVZjKgoKdg

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#152 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:35 PM

You can argue that in almost every superhero movie.

Why doesn't bane just shoot batman in the face at the end instead of giving that remark " you know I'll have to kill you now, you'll just have to imagine the fire"

It's for cinematic value. Adds drama. I have no problem with that in any movie tbh
Posted Image

#153 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,961 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 11:54 AM

You can argue that in almost every superhero movie.

Why doesn't bane just shoot batman in the face at the end instead of giving that remark " you know I'll have to kill you now, you'll just have to imagine the fire"

It's for cinematic value. Adds drama. I have no problem with that in any movie tbh

Top 10 User-Rated Movies of 2012

by IMDb Editors created 1 week ago | last updated - 2 days ago

Posted Image
#1: The Dark Knight Rises

Our users say: "The best thing about this movie is how satisfying it is. It doesn't leave you frustrated or confused. You can't really complain that it didn't explore certain ideas or follow through. By deciding to have an official ending to this trilogy's story, the themes surrounding Batman are very fresh. We don't know where he'll end up. It's not the same old thing about whether he can continue to be Batman or not, which was already getting repetitive in Spider-man 2. The conclusions are not as important as the feelings they invoke as they come about. Nolan is especially good at capturing the complete tension of actually not knowing what will happen and deeply questioning what you *want* to happen and why." ”

Titles: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Edited by Mr Terrific, December 28, 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#154 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 12:10 AM

http://youtu.be/gYVZjKgoKdg

I wish people could just enjoy movies instead of nitpicking everything.

#155 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 25, 2012 - 03:46 AM

I wish people could just enjoy movies instead of nitpicking everything.

Nope losers need to everyhting to make sense.

Why not just go with the original sins.

How the [expletive] is there these super heros. I like how people must understand everything little [expletive]ing thing in a movie. So what were gonna make a science lesson now to prove that this stuff is possible or impossible. Just dumb. Enjoy the damn movie for what it is.

#156 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 6,961 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:17 PM

'The Avengers' voted most overrated movie of 2012 by a landslide

By Steven Zeitchik
January 2, 2013, 8:42 a.m.

Sure, it featured one of the most star-studded ensembles in the history of comic book movies. And yes, it took in more box-office dollars than any other movie in 2012. But Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" can now also boast another, less noble distinction: the most overrated film of the year.

According to more than 2,600 respondents to a Times online survey Joss Whedon's get-the-band-together take on the iconic superheroes was the most overpraised feature film of 2012.
The sometimes-quippy, sometimes-geeky save-the-world-fest garnered a whopping 85% of the votes, besting by a wide margin the next-closest film, Ridley' Scott's sci-fi actioner “Prometheus,” which drew just under 5%.

Of course, big money tends to come with a big backlash. Last year respondents voted "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part 1," a huge blockbuster, the most overrated film of the year. But while that film was praised largely by the faithful, the Hulk- and Thor-centric "The Avengers" also had a fair share of pundit and critical love, prompting the 85% to bring down the hammer.
Perhaps not helping in eliciting goodwill among the naysayers -- the "Avengers" rode a long train of hype that began years ago with films like "Thor" and "Iron Man.”

"The Avengers" joins "Bernie," which was voted most under-appreciated movie of 2012, in The Times' look-back polls ont he films of 2012. The message from fans: a little less love for the man in green, a little more for Jack Black.

Edited by Mr Terrific, January 02, 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#157 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:29 PM

Lol

The avengers is one of the best movies of all time. Idc what 2000 respondents say

Pau Gasol is GONE

#158 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,110 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:52 PM

Idk about "one of the best movies of all time".

From what friends told me and some of the stuff i read on the Avengers before watching it I thought it would be way better than what it actually was.

I didn't really start enjoying the movie til all that fighting starts in the city.

For what it's worth, it was the 2nd best super hero movie of 2012.

#159 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:54 PM

One of the best movies of all time?!

That is beyond a bold statement. It's not close, but hey everyone has their opinion.

#160 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:51 PM

I think with super hero movies a lot of it has to do with just how much you like the super hero as well. I mean I have friends thats love the batman movies saying their the best thing they ever seen, just because their huge batman fans. I myself enjoyed captain america, I know it wasnt a great movie, but being a huge captain america fan I still liked it.

Then again some movies just arent that good, I mean I am a green latern fan but that movie was just a piece of crap lol. I see a lot of people on this topic saying Thor was a good movie to watch, my friend saw it and thought it was just bad, guessing that has more to do with he isnt a big super hero fan just a regular movie goer. Was Batman a great movie? Sure it was. However, I liked Avengers more for the simple reason two of my favorite superheros (captain america and ironman) were in it.

There really isnt a way to say what movie is the best because when watching a movie people arent just a blank slate waiting to watch a film, they indeed go into the movies with a certain taste for things, and a bias (for lack of a better word) on what they already like and want to see. When a person says what they think is the best movie of all time it tells more about them than the actual movie they are describing.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, January 02, 2013 - 08:52 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users