13 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:26 AM

I know he says he likes it in LA, but is he really content with being third banana in LA when he could be the #1 or #2 man in another system, that better suits his games.

#2 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2011 - 01:59 AM

i dont think he is satisfied here. You can see his face
Posted Image

#3 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,664 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:01 AM

Well, he can go, but he has to bring Dwight.
Posted Image

#4 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 04, 2011 - 10:32 AM

Drew is not #3 he is CLEARLY the second best player on the team...Gasol is not even close! And Drew wants to be a star. IF he stays healthy who is more dominate in the league..only a handful of players....And Gasol is not one of them..
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#5 Ize

Ize

Rookie

• 90 posts
  • Name:Lathan
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted July 04, 2011 - 11:23 AM

Drew is not #3 he is CLEARLY the second best player on the team...Gasol is not even close! And Drew wants to be a star. IF he stays healthy who is more dominate in the league..only a handful of players....And Gasol is not one of them..

1. Kobe
2. Pau
3. Andrew

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2011 - 11:25 AM

Ah, the ever-present qualifier with Andrew Bynum.

#7 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted July 04, 2011 - 11:38 AM

Clearly? Not even close? Kobe Bryant begs to differ. But what does he know?

#8 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:06 PM

There have been no credible indications that Bynum would prefer being dealt. This is conjecture only...

I doubt that there will be anything other than conjecture for a while.

If anyone is going to be moved, it is likely Pau (though I don't agree with moving either...not unless its for DH).

As long as there is a new coach and a new system, no one is likely to revolt...at least, not until they get a chance to "test drive" the offense...

#9 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,753 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:09 PM

dont think so.. :mellow:

but back to if Bynum wants to stay in LA, I do think Bynum wants to stay in LA..I'll even say that hes really damn excited for the season to start under Mike Brown

Edited by TheMadSci, July 04, 2011 - 12:12 PM.

The North Remembers

#10 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,521 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted July 04, 2011 - 01:16 PM

He likes being in L.A. (who wouldn't like it...lol) and he has even said it. In my view he is the 2nd best center, not big man but "true" 5, in the league right now. He could be the go-to guy for several teams around the country and he knows that. Plus, he wants to win. I mean, Drew was the only Laker who truly wanted to win game 4 in Dallas being down 0-3. He doesn't give up so easily.
That said, I think what matters here is which teams are willing to bet on Bynum.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 04, 2011 - 10:23 PM

He likes being in L.A. (who wouldn't like it...lol) and he has even said it. In my view he is the 2nd best center, not big man but "true" 5, in the league right now. He could be the go-to guy for several teams around the country and he knows that. Plus, he wants to win. I mean, Drew was the only Laker who truly wanted to win game 4 in Dallas being down 0-3. He doesn't give up so easily.
That said, I think what matters here is which teams are willing to bet on Bynum.

I think many teams would like to bet on Bynum, especially teams like Orlando, who has to bet on whether Howard stays or goes.
I'd love to keep Bynum though, he could be just as good or even better than Howard. Howard plays 82 games per season though.

#12 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted July 05, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Where could Bynum be the #1 let alone a #2 option at? I dont even think he could be a #1 option with TBumz (TWolves)
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#13 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 12:51 PM

He needs to come off the bench. Pau/Bynum not working

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#14 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 05, 2011 - 09:17 PM

He does. It's normal for players to want to get more touches. If Pau continues to struggle, he may get his wish eventually even if everybody on the Lakers is confident in him for now. As far as his demeanor when talking about trade rumors, he should act indifferent because there has been so many of them since he's been with the Lakers.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users