#1 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:37 PM

OK, Odom doesnt wanna leave L.A but Lakers wanna trade him. So maybe...
3 team trade between Lakers, Clipper, 76ers

Lakers recieve Iguodala
Clippers recieve Odom
Sixers recieve Kaman, Walton (or Shannon in S&T)
Posted Image

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:48 PM

If Odom were on board to play the SF position (and so was the Clippers' coaching staff), this would be great for all parties...but otherwise, the Clippers are bringing in a guy that won't get any minutes at the four.

With us, it's a bit different, because Gasol moves up to the five and can play heavy minutes there.

Blake Griffin isn't a center, and the Clippers try and keep him where he's at, with big minutes, so Odom would have to be a starter to actually play...and if he's starting, he'd have to start at the three (SF).

I'd be interested in a frontcourt trio of Jordan, Griffin and Odom...but interesting is the best way to put those three.

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:48 PM

I think it would be a nice trade for all parties.
Odom could either start at the 3 or 5 (with an overwhelming physical force like Griffin, they could switch on the biggest 5s). It could work.
Regarding Iggy. We will be giving up frontcourt depth, while getting better at our deepest position (the 3).
If Kobe and Iggy starts, and then when Kobe sits, Iggy goes to the 2 and artest/Barnes comes in at the 3. I think both Barnes and Artest can play 2-3-(4). I think it would work.
Philly gets a center, which they need, and a good one. I don't think he is the exact type of center they want. But he'll still be an upgrade.

#4 T-Time

T-Time

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Name:Trevor
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2011 - 11:02 PM

I think it would be a nice trade for all parties.
Odom could either start at the 3 or 5 (with an overwhelming physical force like Griffin, they could switch on the biggest 5s). It could work.
Regarding Iggy. We will be giving up frontcourt depth, while getting better at our deepest position (the 3).
If Kobe and Iggy starts, and then when Kobe sits, Iggy goes to the 2 and artest/Barnes comes in at the 3. I think both Barnes and Artest can play 2-3-(4). I think it would work.
Philly gets a center, which they need, and a good one. I don't think he is the exact type of center they want. But he'll still be an upgrade.

Yes, we get more athletic with Igoudala, but we lose our best rebounder and most versatile player. If we're going to trade Odom, we need to get a big man in return. Otherwise, we're way to thin up front to make trades like this.

#5 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted July 14, 2011 - 06:50 AM

Yes, we get more athletic with Igoudala, but we lose our best rebounder and most versatile player. If we're going to trade Odom, we need to get a big man in return. Otherwise, we're way to thin up front to make trades like this.

I like this trade I say do it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users