Photo

any back up point guards in the league that can start for us?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:18 PM

Yea we have gotten that desperate any teams have a good backup point they would be willing to deal like lou williams, or henrich. okc backup point is sick

or any shooting guards that can translate to point

also any free agent shooting guards who can play point

J.R smith if he learned to pass and control himself might be a good point same with ellis

#2 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:27 PM

Darren Collison
Kyle Lowry
D.J. Augustin

All good choices

#3 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:29 PM

Lou Williams

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:34 PM

indiana aint gonna let go of collison iv never heard of lowry dj would be great same with lou

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 30, 2011 - 12:07 AM

Lowry would be perfect. He's the best defender at the PG position and Houston already have Dragic and Flynn. Odom for Lowry and Thabeet.

Collison would also be good. Quick, can shoot, penetrate, defend and Indiana just traded for George Hill. Perhaps they're willing to trade as well. Odom for Posey, Collison and either Psycho T or McRoberts.

DJ Augustin. No thanks. Cant shoot very well, mediocre defense at best, bad passer.

#6 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 30, 2011 - 07:37 AM

Lowry would be perfect. He's the best defender at the PG position and Houston already have Dragic and Flynn. Odom for Lowry and Thabeet.

Collison would also be good. Quick, can shoot, penetrate, defend and Indiana just traded for George Hill. Perhaps they're willing to trade as well. Odom for Posey, Collison and either Psycho T or McRoberts.

DJ Augustin. No thanks. Cant shoot very well, mediocre defense at best, bad passer.

I do like Lowry we wont get collison indy wont let him go, we have our backup point guards Fisher and blake actually they should be put in when its garbage time.

#7 T-Time

T-Time

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Name:Trevor
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted July 12, 2011 - 02:05 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Lowry in a Laker uniform. He really came into his own last season.

#8 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted July 14, 2011 - 06:03 PM

wouldn't the real question be "any back up point guards in the league that COULDN'T start for us"?

#9 T-Time

T-Time

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Name:Trevor
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted July 14, 2011 - 09:55 PM

wouldn't the real question be "any back up point guards in the league that COULDN'T start for us"?

:laughing: Seriously. Anybody could start over Fisher.

#10 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 09:10 AM

:laughing: Seriously. Anybody could start over Fisher.

Thats why I think we should start Morris over fisher, people are asking the wrong question. Its not a question if Morris should have to earn it over fisher because he is a rookie, the question is does Fisher still deserve to start just because he is a veteran the answer is no. Once your speed and reflexes are gone there gone for good.

#11 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 15, 2011 - 06:16 PM

I think the teams they're on also have to want Lamar:

Lou Williams - Sixers have shown interest in Lamar.
Jarrett Jack - Both Hornets PFs are free agents.
Jameer Nelson - They don't have a good starting PF and they can put Arenas in the starting line-up.
Kirk Hinrich - They are losing Jamal Crawford and want a good 6th man. Jeff Teague ended up playing more minutes than him in the playoffs and he may be ready to start for them.
Toney Douglas - They can move A'mare to C and start Lamar, or move him to the bench because their bench isn't good.

Posted Image

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted July 15, 2011 - 11:06 PM

I think the teams they're on also have to want Lamar:

Lou Williams - Sixers have shown interest in Lamar.
Jarrett Jack - Both Hornets PFs are free agents.
Jameer Nelson - They don't have a good starting PF and they can put Arenas in the starting line-up.
Kirk Hinrich - They are losing Jamal Crawford and want a good 6th man. Jeff Teague ended up playing more minutes than him in the playoffs and he may be ready to start for them.
Toney Douglas - They can move A'mare to C and start Lamar, or move him to the bench because their bench isn't good.

These guys are good options, but none are good enough for a straght up trade with LO.

#13 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted July 15, 2011 - 11:15 PM

These guys are good options, but none are good enough for a straght up trade with LO.

You're right. I don't think I saw one that jumped out at me as a good straight up deal though. The Lakers should get more players in those deals and try to unload some of their bad contracts too.

I only mentioned Lamar because I don't really see the Lakers making a deal that doesn't include Lamar. Most of the Lakers are on awful contracts.

Edited by Japago, July 15, 2011 - 11:19 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 04:21 PM

You're right. I don't think I saw one that jumped out at me as a good straight up deal though. The Lakers should get more players in those deals and try to unload some of their bad contracts too.

I only mentioned Lamar because I don't really see the Lakers making a deal that doesn't include Lamar. Most of the Lakers are on awful contracts.

Cp3, Deron or monta if not Start Morris

#15 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 05:50 PM

Cp3, Deron or monta if not Start Morris

Well if this lockout doesn't end soon then Morris will not get that chance this season if there is one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users