7 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,804 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 29, 2011 - 03:27 AM

Excellent opportunities at the PG position have emerged.

Houston just picked up option on Dragic, which means they have 3 PG's on their roster: Dragic, Lowry and Flynn. Perhaps some sort of trade could be worked out to get either Dragic or Lowry, who would be nice additions to the Lakers back-court.

Also, it looks like the whole frontcourt in New Orleans are heading to either Italy or free agency, which means that the Hornets' frontcourt may be extremely thin.
I do not think West will stay, he even says "he wants to win". If West chose to give up on the team and leave, so will CP3 and if the Hornets sense that CP3 wants to leave, they may be willing to trade him.

Am I reaching a bit?

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,032 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:30 AM

No, but the thing is, you didn't tell us anything that any of us didn't know. Nor did you propose a trade.

#3 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:32 AM

Excellent opportunities at the PG position have emerged.

Houston just picked up option on Dragic, which means they have 3 PG's on their roster: Dragic, Lowry and Flynn. Perhaps some sort of trade could be worked out to get either Dragic or Lowry, who would be nice additions to the Lakers back-court.

Also, it looks like the whole frontcourt in New Orleans are heading to either Italy or free agency, which means that the Hornets' frontcourt may be extremely thin.
I do not think West will stay, he even says "he wants to win". If West chose to give up on the team and leave, so will CP3 and if the Hornets sense that CP3 wants to leave, they may be willing to trade him.

Am I reaching a bit?

I think CP3 is going east like for example let's say Orlando gets him well if that happens then Howard stays there too.

#4 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,804 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:40 AM

No, but the thing is, you didn't tell us anything that any of us didn't know. Nor did you propose a trade.

Fair enough.

Forget Howard. Offer Bynum and Odom to NO for CP3 and Okafor.
New Orleans save a ton of money, and can start to rebuild around Bynum.
Lakers get a good defender in Okafor who can start, and the league's best PG. With CP3 running the Hollywood show Pau and Kobe will be able to get the ball at their preferred spots.

Better?

#5 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2011 - 12:16 PM

Love the trade, might have to wait until the trade deadline to pull it off but I doubt NO would get a package this nice

#6 T-Time

T-Time

Rookie

• 100 posts
  • Name:Trevor
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 13, 2011 - 11:05 PM

Fair enough.

Forget Howard. Offer Bynum and Odom to NO for CP3 and Okafor.
New Orleans save a ton of money, and can start to rebuild around Bynum.
Lakers get a good defender in Okafor who can start, and the league's best PG. With CP3 running the Hollywood show Pau and Kobe will be able to get the ball at their preferred spots.

Better?

I'd be a little hesitant. We get the best player in the deal, but it still leaves us even more thin up front with Gasol/Okafor. Gasol would be our only low post presence, since Okafor is limited offensively.

#7 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted July 14, 2011 - 06:47 AM

I'd be a little hesitant. We get the best player in the deal, but it still leaves us even more thin up front with Gasol/Okafor. Gasol would be our only low post presence, since Okafor is limited offensively.

I love CP3 but this trade would leave us vulnerable down low

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, July 14, 2011 - 06:48 AM.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,804 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 08:33 AM

Okafor is almost as good as Bynum defensively, but a lot more durable. We'd also need a back-up C/PF, but look what CP3 managed to do this post-season. Had it not been for the overwhelming Laker-talent, and injury to David West, they might have won...

CP3 is worth it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users