#1 wydellmd

wydellmd

Rookie

• 443 posts
  • Name:dell d
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:25 AM

Unfortunately there won't be a whole lot of exitment this offseason, Until the Players and Owners can get a deal hammered out.
Plus, with the gauranteed money we have with players right now, I don't see us making any major moves. On one hand it's a good
thing, because we don't have to worry about having to resign any key players. On the other hand, we don't have a lot of flexiblity to go after some of the bigger free agents of the offseason. I think we will pick up a player or two, but probably not any big names. I am hoping that our rookie gaurds and a couple vet pickups, plus the extra rest will be what this teams to get back in the finlas next year. I guess we will just have to wait an see. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long though.

Edited by wydellmd, June 28, 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#2 lakers15

lakers15

Rookie

• 292 posts
  • Name:ilkin
  • Fan Since:since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:23 AM

Unfortunately there won't be a whole lot of exitment this offseason, Until the Players and Owners can get a deal hammered out.
Plus, with the gauranteed money we have with players right now, I don't see us making any major moves. On one hand it's a good
thing, because we don't have to worry about having to resign any key players. On the other hand, we don't have a lot of flexiblity to go after some of the bigger free agents of the offseason. I think we will pick up a player or two, but probably not any big names. I am hoping that our rookie gaurds and a couple vet pickups, plus the extra rest will be what this teams to get back in the finlas next year. I guess we will just have to wait an see. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long though.

I really hope that we get Kelenna Azubuike....that dude was a stud before he got injured

#3 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:50 AM

Thats why we need to go make our transactions now b4 the rules change and then we are really boxed in and wont be able to improve the roster.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#4 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:52 AM

I really hope that we get Kelenna Azubuike....that dude was a stud before he got injured

Been saying this since I knew the dude'd be a FA this offseason, he'd be better for us if we're still using the triangle tho

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#5 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 12:10 PM

You guys remember the old Azubukie who used to beat up on LA. The current Azubukie couldnt get off the bench last 2 seasons and he has a bad knee as well. I dont get why so many of you LN fans love to recruit injury prone players. We already have a roster filled of injury prone players = WE DONT NEED ANOTHER 1. We need youth, athleticism, & scoring from a player that has not been injured in his career yet = or a player that has Proven he can come back from the injury and not be phased or lost a step at all = JR Smith.

#6 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,388 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted June 28, 2011 - 12:23 PM

I think last off season was worse. Seems like this place was loaded with silly threads.

veqdeg.jpg

#7 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,087 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 28, 2011 - 01:59 PM

it will be quiet till the CBA is resolve and even then it wont get done till midway of January (i hope not)

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#8 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 28, 2011 - 05:59 PM

OK here's the Latest:

DALLAS — Representatives for NBA players and owners will meet Thursday, hours before the collective bargaining agreement expires, and Commissioner David Stern says that’s still enough time for a deal.

Owners did not vote to authorize a lockout during their meeting Tuesday, but have given the labor relations committee the go-ahead to do whatever is necessary

#9 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 08:18 PM

You guys remember the old Azubukie who used to beat up on LA. The current Azubukie couldnt get off the bench last 2 seasons and he has a bad knee as well. I dont get why so many of you LN fans love to recruit injury prone players. We already have a roster filled of injury prone players = WE DONT NEED ANOTHER 1. We need youth, athleticism, & scoring from a player that has not been injured in his career yet = or a player that has Proven he can come back from the injury and not be phased or lost a step at all = JR Smith.

No thank you on JR Smith because he's a nut which we already have one on the team we don't need another one.

#10 MambaNation24

MambaNation24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:05 PM

This lockout is gonna suck
Posted Image

#11 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 29, 2011 - 12:51 AM

I don't think a lockout is in the best interest of either party.

If it were up to me, I'd propose a situation that allows all player development and preparation for the season (coaching changes/hires, rookie workouts, Summer Leagues) to continue. The only difference would be the Free agency deadline. Push it back until the new CBA has been finalized. Let all draft picks and players currently under contract be eligible for trading as usual.

Only the players with expiring contracts would be left out in limbo...

And since the rookie scale probably won't change drastically, all 1st rd picks can be locked into their first year's salary...with new changes taking effect starting July 1st of 2012.

That would make sense...this would allow a smooth transition...

Edited by GCMD, June 29, 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#12 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 04:46 AM

No thank you on JR Smith because he's a nut which we already have one on the team we don't need another one.

But the difference from him and Artest is Jr SMith can Ball and he is only a nutt because Denver's coach is an idiot and always kept him on the bench like he was trying to punish him. YOu gotta unleash that type of talent. Kobe would easily keep him in check. We want on court production from these new additions not just a Name and a body who is not going to contribute anything of relevance. We got plenty of those type guys already.

#13 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 07:03 AM

But the difference from him and Artest is Jr SMith can Ball and he is only a nutt because Denver's coach is an idiot and always kept him on the bench like he was trying to punish him. YOu gotta unleash that type of talent. Kobe would easily keep him in check. We want on court production from these new additions not just a Name and a body who is not going to contribute anything of relevance. We got plenty of those type guys already.

Teams dont care if your nuts if your positives outweigh your craziness. Teams knew players like Artest and Rodman were nuts, They felt Rodmans rebounding and Artest defense outweigh there issues. Jr smith isn't nuts he has a severe attitude problem stemming from his immaturity. Guys like him if they respect you they fall in line. Smith would respect Kobe he wouldn't be a problem.

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 29, 2011 - 07:08 AM

Teams dont care if your nuts if your positives outweigh your craziness. Teams knew players like Artest and Rodman were nuts, They felt Rodmans rebounding and Artest defense outweigh there issues. Jr smith isn't nuts he has a severe attitude problem stemming from his immaturity. Guys like him if they respect you they fall in line. Smith would respect Kobe he wouldn't be a problem.

I totally agree! Some of these nuts can turn out to be real assets, if they land in the right system.
Also, JR is as talented as they come. He has the talent to be an all-star.

Edited by DanishLakerFan, June 29, 2011 - 07:09 AM.

#15 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:45 AM

Still I just don't like him. Also we might not have a MLE to use if the CBA doesn't go our way.

#16 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:48 AM

Well that was until he said he was better than Kobe that's where I lost all respect for him.

I totally agree! Some of these nuts can turn out to be real assets, if they land in the right system.
Also, JR is as talented as they come. He has the talent to be an all-star.

Then he should go to Chicago because they need him more than we do.

#17 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:04 AM

Well that was until he said he was better than Kobe that's where I lost all respect for him.

Then he should go to Chicago because they need him more than we do.

JR smith would be a nice fit for us,the statement Jr smith said about being better than Kobe is a complement to Kobe. For him to feel he had to compare himself to Kobe shows how great Kobe is. For active players Kobe is the bar the standard the Goal for true greatness. Why do you think Paul Pierce said he was better than Kobe, he didn't say he was better than Wade or Lebron he said Kobe. Until these players accomplish what Kobe has none of them will be better than him. Kobe doesn't care what Jr smith or any players say he knows there chasing him. If Jr smith is willing to comply with what the Lakers ask of him the he will be accepted

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 29, 2011 - 10:05 AM.

#18 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:39 AM

Still I just don't like him. Also we might not have a MLE to use if the CBA doesn't go our way.

Thats why we have to go get him now before the midnight deadline when lockout will ensue.

#19 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 10:42 AM

JR smith would be a nice fit for us,the statement Jr smith said about being better than Kobe is a complement to Kobe. For him to feel he had to compare himself to Kobe shows how great Kobe is. For active players Kobe is the bar the standard the Goal for true greatness. Why do you think Paul Pierce said he was better than Kobe, he didn't say he was better than Wade or Lebron he said Kobe. Until these players accomplish what Kobe has none of them will be better than him. Kobe doesn't care what Jr smith or any players say he knows there chasing him. If Jr smith is willing to comply with what the Lakers ask of him the he will be accepted

Plus JR SMith asks Kobe every season if he can wear his signature shoes = And Kobe allows him to do so = So its obvious JR respects Kobe and Kobe tolerates his underhanded compliments. ITs all in the spirit of competition. JR has had to witness Kobe dismantling a better overall team in Denver for a couple of years in post season while wipping the swishes out of his eye when Kobe hit him with countless "Hand Down Man Down Moments"

#20 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:33 AM

Thats why we have to go get him now before the midnight deadline when lockout will ensue.

That's not going to happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users