4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael_23

Michael_23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 10, 2008 - 11:01 AM

I would like to know what you guys feel about this lineup. Send your feedback good or bad.

Lamar Odom - PG
Kobe Bryant - SG
Trevor Ariza - SF
Pau Gasol - PF
Andrew Bynum - C

Imagine our subs Sasha coming in at SG moving Kobe to SF.

Do you think LO given his skill and ability to run the floor can perform a Magic Johnson style play? His passes don't have to be as flashy but should have sound numbers as Magic did. 15-8-8 for LO?

#2 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 10, 2008 - 11:20 AM

I've thought about this also, but I don't think it would work. First of all, I don't think there will be enough minutes for Fish and Farmar to share as back-up PG. Plus there's also Sun Yue who I'd like to see get at least some NBA experience throughout the year. There's also no real outside threat except for Kobe who is sometimes very streaky. Odom's outside shooting has been terrible, and Ariza, although there is some praise about his improvement, still won't keep the defenders honest. With all these players playing within the perimeter, it clogs it up big time leaving little room for our twin towers to operate.

Edited by daco_inc, October 10, 2008 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 10, 2008 - 11:47 AM

Welcome to TLN. :clap2:

Odom can't play the point because he can't shoot and he can't play defense. You need a player who either plays good defense or a good shooter in the triangle.

What has Ariza done to deserve to start on the Lakers? :clap:

#4 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted October 10, 2008 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to TLN. :clap2:

Odom can't play the point because he can't shoot and he can't play defense. You need a player who either plays good defense or a good shooter in the triangle.

What has Ariza done to deserve to start on the Lakers? :clap:

Yes...welcome!

If LO plays PG, it better be on offense and that's just to get the ball into Pau or Bynum...Maybe even Kobe posting up.

Like you said, Nissan, shooting, defense and decision making will prevent him from doing it full time. He'd get TORCHED by smaller faster PGs. This would be another gimmick, which I'm NOT in favor of for more than 10 mpg.

#5 Michael_23

Michael_23

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted October 11, 2008 - 08:23 AM

Yes...welcome!

If LO plays PG, it better be on offense and that's just to get the ball into Pau or Bynum...Maybe even Kobe posting up.

Like you said, Nissan, shooting, defense and decision making will prevent him from doing it full time. He'd get TORCHED by smaller faster PGs. This would be another gimmick, which I'm NOT in favor of for more than 10 mpg.

I'm really not seeing LO become a point forward or guard after seeing the 1st 2 games, but they are just preseason games. Perhaps his inconsistency is kicking in and we'll see a better Lamar Odom in later games. I don't mind losing preseason games, as long as there's progress. Right now I don't see any progress right now except for Pau Gasol who seems to be understanding the plays with or without Andrew Bynum. A good example of a high IQ bball player.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users