20 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,825 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 24, 2011 - 04:56 AM

I really can't see the Lakers starting Fish, again. Blake may be a decent fit in the new system, but we really need a bona fide starting PG.
Felton would have been perfect, but now he's off the table. Who else is out there?

#2 TheVoiceOfReason

TheVoiceOfReason

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fan Since:30yrs
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:42 AM

There's PLENTY of other good Guards the Lakers could try to maneuver for. TJ ford for one is a PG that has yet to be propsed, he's still young, quick as any guard and can PLAY. He's on the BACK of Indy's bench, so I think we could get him for very little. What I CAN SAY for a fact, is that Steve Blake is NOT the answer, I was @ the LA Drew Leagur a week ago, and saw him get thoroughly ABUSED by No names & Overseas players. Any Ol' Aaron brooks style player will give him FITS night in and night out.

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,825 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 12:14 PM

There's PLENTY of other good Guards the Lakers could try to maneuver for. TJ ford for one is a PG that has yet to be propsed, he's still young, quick as any guard and can PLAY. He's on the BACK of Indy's bench, so I think we could get him for very little. What I CAN SAY for a fact, is that Steve Blake is NOT the answer, I was @ the LA Drew Leagur a week ago, and saw him get thoroughly ABUSED by No names & Overseas players. Any Ol' Aaron brooks style player will give him FITS night in and night out.

I agree, Blake is not the PG of the future. However, I do think he would play better in a Mike Brown system than in the triangle.

But TJ Ford?? How is that a real upgrade over Blake N' Fish?

Outside of getting an all-star, I'm thinking that Houston might not need both Goran Dragic and Kyle Lowry, so perhaps a trade could be worked out. Also, Rodney Stuckey could be signed as a FA,.

#4 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 24, 2011 - 01:33 PM

I never liked ford I thought he was over hyped, Flynn out of the mix too I wonder

#5 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted June 24, 2011 - 11:17 PM

Haha TJ Ford, what a joke! Sure dudes fast but he has an even worse shot than Fish and Blake combined. The only reason I can see the Lakers trading for him is that he has an 8.5 million expiring contract, which could be useful in a trade.

#6 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 11:20 PM

Would love to get Lowry from Houston tho, doubt theyll trade him tho. I say the Lakers just go big and try for D Will or CP3, get themselves a real superstar PG instead of these scrubs.

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,825 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 03:14 AM

Would love to get Lowry from Houston tho, doubt theyll trade him tho. I say the Lakers just go big and try for D Will or CP3, get themselves a real superstar PG instead of these scrubs.

Houston needs a big, and they may be interested in LO?
LO for Lowy and Thabeet?

#8 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 07:48 PM

LO for Lowy and Thabeet?

Start Morris he is a pass first point guard who can break down the defense, then trade Odom for young athletic players try to get Howard

#9 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 28, 2011 - 07:51 PM

LO for Lowy and Thabeet?

Houston isnt that dumb but ok

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#10 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:08 PM

I really can't see the Lakers starting Fish, again. Blake may be a decent fit in the new system, but we really need a bona fide starting PG.
Felton would have been perfect, but now he's off the table. Who else is out there?

If we cant get a top tier point we can start Morris he is a pass first point guard with great court vision and plays defense.These are qualities Fisher and blake dont have then we can still work on Dwight and Iggy

#11 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:44 PM

If we cant get a top tier point we can start Morris he is a pass first point guard with great court vision and plays defense.These are qualities Fisher and blake dont have then we can still work on Dwight and Iggy

That's if Morris earns the role first, and we are not getting Dwight or Iggy this summer. You heard what Mitch said the rumors are dead. Oh and one more thing I wouldn't want tp piss Khole off if I were you because she's doesn't play, and she would rip Mitch's nutsck off if hr trades LO.

Edited by larry14r, June 28, 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,825 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 01:10 AM

That's if Morris earns the role first, and we are not getting Dwight or Iggy this summer. You heard what Mitch said the rumors are dead. Oh and one more thing I wouldn't want tp piss Khole off if I were you because she's doesn't play, and she would rip Mitch's nutsck off if hr trades LO.

I'd prefer Morris right now instead of Fish and Blake. He is a better defender than both combined, and he can pass the ball.

I think something happens this summer. Whether it's Dwight, Iggy, CP3 or D-Will. The Lakers can't win with the current squad, and they know it.
I don't care what Mitch says. Both the Gasol trade and even the Artest trade were pulled out a hat.
The Lakers are shopping everyone not named Kobe, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe being the only guy left from the 10/11 starting lineup.

#13 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 07:48 AM

I'd prefer Morris right now instead of Fish and Blake. He is a better defender than both combined, and he can pass the ball.

I think something happens this summer. Whether it's Dwight, Iggy, CP3 or D-Will. The Lakers can't win with the current squad, and they know it.
I don't care what Mitch says. Both the Gasol trade and even the Artest trade were pulled out a hat.
The Lakers are shopping everyone not named Kobe, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobe being the only guy left from the 10/11 starting lineup.

The way Fisher and Blake played last season hell I earned the job over them. Anybody who is honest and watched the Lakers play knows Fisher is done! He lost his quickness, he couldn't hit a shot, he couldn't break down the defense, he took ill advice shots, Morris is quick and can get quicker, fisher cant. Morris can flat out pass, fisher cant. When fisher walks on the floor he is the weakest link. If he playing any other position than point guard we might be able to get by with it. When teams with skilled quick point guard see fisher on the floor they know there going to have a big game, a possibility for career highs

#14 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:18 AM

The way Fisher and Blake played last season hell I earned the job over them. Anybody who is honest and watched the Lakers play knows Fisher is done! He lost his quickness, he couldn't hit a shot, he couldn't break down the defense, he took ill advice shots, Morris is quick and can get quicker, fisher cant. Morris can flat out pass, fisher cant. When fisher walks on the floor he is the weakest link. If he playing any other position than point guard we might be able to get by with it. When teams with skilled quick point guard see fisher on the floor they know there going to have a big game, a possibility for career highs

The only problem is that Morris can't shoot especially from 3 because we need a PG who can shoot from 3. As for Fish if he still plays then most likely he'll be the backup 2 behind Kobe since you said Fish can get by playing another position. Also I got a feeling that neither Blake, Fish, Morris will start at PG next year especially if the Lakers use their trade X, trade one of our PG's, or use the MLE (if there is one to get one).

Edited by larry14r, June 29, 2011 - 11:28 AM.

#15 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:29 AM

Well it's going to be easy to do that because no one really wants to trade with us.

#16 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 11:59 AM

The only problem is that Morris can't shoot especially from 3 because we need a PG who can shoot from 3. As for Fish if he still plays then most likely he'll be the backup 2 behind Kobe since you said Fish can get by playing another position. Also I got a feeling that neither Blake, Fish, Morris will start at PG next year especially if the Lakers use their trade X, trade one of our PG's, or use the MLE (if there is one to get one).

Morris cant shoot the three. he does have a mid range shot, Paul didn't have a nice outside shot when he came into the league.Lawson from the nuggets didn't either. They developed it. Morris can develop it. Morris is an upgrade over fisher

#17 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 01:21 PM

Morris cant shoot the three. he does have a mid range shot, Paul didn't have a nice outside shot when he came into the league.Lawson from the nuggets didn't either. They developed it. Morris can develop it. Morris is an upgrade over fisher

I hope so.

#18 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 02:46 PM

2nd rounders just don't come in and start for NBA teams as rookies, Morris is going to have prove himself first. Unfortunately there's no summer league so it'll be hard for him to do that.

#19 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 05:08 PM

2nd rounders just don't come in and start for NBA teams as rookies, Morris is going to have prove himself first. Unfortunately there's no summer league so it'll be hard for him to do that.

Tell that to Karl Malone, If there good enough they can start, WE can put them in the D league until the CBA is over. If we dont get a point guard and we have fisher morris Goudelock and blake Morris should start.

#20 KiLLERMAMBA

KiLLERMAMBA

Rookie

• 27 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted December 09, 2011 - 02:45 PM

John Wall =)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users