#1 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 23, 2011 - 12:43 AM

Heard this rumor on the radio the other day and it seems to make sense. I doubt the Hawks would do it though.

HAWKS get
Pau Gasol
Ron Artest
Steve Blake
2nd round picks

LAKERS get
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Kirk Hinrich

Hawks get a bonafide superstar in Gasol who provides inside scoring and defense. They also get some defense and toughness in Artest an a decent back up in Blake. They get out of Smith and Hinrichs big contracts and gain some draft picks in the process. Also with Teague showing alot of skill in this years playoffs Hinrich is expendable and is an expensive back up.

Lakers lose their 2nd best player but gain tons of youth and athleticism with Horford and Smith. Horford plays the 4 and provides solid defense and toughness while Smith replaces Artest at the 3 spot. Smith usually plays the PF position but he's athletic enough to stay with smaller SF's and dominate defensively. Hinrich isn't the quickest PG but he's an underrated defender who could knock down the open shot. Another good thing about this trade is that Josh Smith is a really good friend of Dwight Howard and might influence him to come play for LA too.

Hinrich/ Fisher
Kobe/ Shannon Brown
Josh Smith/ Barnes
Horford/ Odom
Bynum

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2011 - 01:05 AM

If I'm the Lakers I would do it, easily.

If I'm the Hawks I wouldn't do it. Al Horford is one of the few good big men in the league, and he has a very good contract as well.

I think Gasol for Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich would be better for both parties. Perhaps I'd throw in Artest and Blake for Zaza Pachulia and picks. Josh Smith and Dwight Howard are good friends, so it may lure Howard to LA.

Hawks:
C. Al Horford
PF. Pau Gasol
SF. Williams
SG. Joe Johnson
PG. Jeff Teague

That's a lineup that can contend in the east.

Lakers:
C. Bynum
PF. Josh Smith
SF. Artest
SG. That Kobe guy
PG. Hinrich

#3 kingkobe

kingkobe

Rookie

• 385 posts
  • Name:ry
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:luke walton

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:44 PM

Heard this rumor on the radio the other day and it seems to make sense. I doubt the Hawks would do it though.

HAWKS get
Pau Gasol
Ron Artest
Steve Blake
2nd round picks

LAKERS get
Josh Smith
Al Horford
Kirk Hinrich

Hawks get a bonafide superstar in Gasol who provides inside scoring and defense. They also get some defense and toughness in Artest an a decent back up in Blake. They get out of Smith and Hinrichs big contracts and gain some draft picks in the process. Also with Teague showing alot of skill in this years playoffs Hinrich is expendable and is an expensive back up.

Lakers lose their 2nd best player but gain tons of youth and athleticism with Horford and Smith. Horford plays the 4 and provides solid defense and toughness while Smith replaces Artest at the 3 spot. Smith usually plays the PF position but he's athletic enough to stay with smaller SF's and dominate defensively. Hinrich isn't the quickest PG but he's an underrated defender who could knock down the open shot. Another good thing about this trade is that Josh Smith is a really good friend of Dwight Howard and might influence him to come play for LA too.

Hinrich/ Fisher
Kobe/ Shannon Brown
Josh Smith/ Barnes
Horford/ Odom
Bynum

lol do u really think the hawks would do this?

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 04, 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hawks get a bonafide superstar in Gasol who provides inside scoring and defense.

:laughing:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted July 04, 2011 - 03:28 PM

:laughing:

I like this trade, hell if the hawks are will to give Joe Johnson 100 mil plus maybe they will do this trade

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 10:03 PM

I like this trade, hell if the hawks are will to give Joe Johnson 100 mil plus maybe they will do this trade

True, they might. They are shopping both Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich. They won't give up Horford though.
Best case we get Smith and Hinrich straight up for Pau.

#7 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted July 06, 2011 - 08:09 PM

Haha if we do this I'd celebrate! NO way hawks do this if they are in their right mind.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,447 posts

Posted July 06, 2011 - 10:52 PM

Haha if we do this I'd celebrate! NO way hawks do this if they are in their right mind.

First of all, they're not. No one in their right mind signs a deal that pays a 34 year old Joe Johnson 25 million in 2016.
Also, they would never give up Al Horford. No way in hell they give up a top10 big man with a decent contract.
They are shopping Josh Smith though, and Kirk Hinrich is a role player with a massive contract.

Pau for Josh Smith and Kirk Hinrich would work for all sides. Actually it works better for the Hawks, as they get more balance in their offense. Pau and Horford would be devastating. The extra bonus the Lakers get is that Josh Smith and Dwight Howard are very good friends...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users