#81 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:17 PM

dude is 6'5. too tall for a PG

We did used to have Magic Johnson... he wasn't too tall... It all depends on their game. We don't have Phil anymore, but he used to always prefer taller point guards.

#82 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,793 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Can't shoot and I didn't see much anything from those highlights either. Anyone know anything about this kid?

#83 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

7 apg in college is really good as assist numbers are deflated in college

But we will see what this guy does
Posted Image

#84 David Hillman

David Hillman

Rookie

• 527 posts
  • Name:David Hillman
  • Fan Since:1979
  • Fav. Laker:Kurt Rambis

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:18 PM

:laughing: I've seen bigger...

I remember one from Michigan State...

#85 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,575 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:18 PM

dude is 6'5. too tall for a PG

So was Magic. He is 6'9.

#86 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:19 PM

This guy is a pick and roll point guard. He looked to have great vision but again he's a 2nd round pick
Posted Image

#87 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:20 PM

Demetri McCamey
Charles Jenkins
Isaiah Thomas
Ben Hansbrough
Mark Payne

which one?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#88 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:22 PM

lol

I guess everyone thinks dude is gonna be Magic then

Pau Gasol is GONE

#89 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Strengths: Confident lead guard with a good amount of mismatch potential ... Excellent size for a point guard, standing 6'5.25" tall with a 6'7.5" wingspan ... Strong finishing ability due to size and body control ... Powerful first step, which is surprising considering his lack of great foot speed ... Very aggressive ... Can drive well with either hand ... Uses hesitations, spin moves and crossovers to break down his defender in isolation situations ... Has the potential to use his size in the post against smaller point guards ... Very gifted passer in a half-court offense ... Tremendous court vision ... Led the Big Ten in assists per game his sophomore year, averaging 6.7 on the season ... Operates well in pick-and-roll situations, keeping his head up and displaying excellent timing on passes ... Good frame with the potential to hold a little more muscle ... Good teammate and a vocal leader on the floor … A true point guard with a good feel for the position and at just 20 years of age has solid potential ...

Weaknesses: Doesn't possess any outstanding athletic qualities ... Not an explosive leaper ... Lacks great speed or quickness ... Lacks a great understanding of how to control transition opportunities, often attempting to force the issue despite being outnumbered ... Underdeveloped catch-and-shoot ability hurts his potential to play well without dominating the ball... Prone to taking ill-advised shots ... Shot only 25% from behind the arc last season ... Only an average defender due to lack of lateral speed ... Struggles to recover after being screened … His age is both a positive and a negative. At 20, he's got upside, but will likely take some time to be NBA ready, and learning the NBA position on the fly is a challenge ...

Overall: One of the best passers in the draft and he's only a sophomore, so he still has a lot of room to improve ... A reliable outside jumper would really round out his offensive game … A sleeper. Has starting point guard potential, and should be a 1st round pick in this year’s draft …

NBA Comparison: Ramon Sessions/Andre Miller

http://www.nbadraft....s/darius-morris

that's what nbadraft.net has to say about Darius Morris

#90 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:28 PM

Demetri McCamey
Charles Jenkins
Isaiah Thomas
Ben Hansbrough
Mark Payne

which one?

Or David Lighty.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#91 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:31 PM

What the hell is wrong with you? Are you already drunk Danny boy?

Nolan as a rook would own Fisher already

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#92 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:32 PM

Lol who

I'm happy with the Morris pick. Would have liked selby, lighty, or Leslie but oh well
Posted Image

#93 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:32 PM

Andrew Goudelock

NBA Comparison: Jannero Pargo
Strengths: Quick combo-guard with a deadly shooting stroke ... One of the best scorers in the nation (23.7 PPG) ... Very energetic offensively ... Hard to defend ... Doesn't waste any time holding the ball, as soon as he receives a pass he looks to make a move ... Good in isolation situations ... Employs an excellent pull-up jump shot with a quick and efficient release ... Is very active without the ball ... Knows how to find openings on the perimeter and set himself up for a catch-and-shoot opportunity ... Prolific three-point shooter ... Makes over 3.5 triples every game at a 40.7% clip ... Has legitimate NBA range and then some ... Nearly automatic when left open ... Solid defender that moves his feet well and stays in front of his man ...

Weaknesses: Undersized for a shooting guard at the next level ... Not very skilled in the paint, due to his below average athleticism and size ... Most of his offense comes from the perimeter ... A solid passer but certainly not a true point guard ... Turnover prone (3.2 turnovers per game) ... Would be best suited playing off the ball ... Played in the Southern Conference and hasn't had many opportunities to test himself against great competition ...

Overall: Goudelock's shooting ability is sure to intrigue several NBA teams ... Will have a very defined role as a shooter off the bench in the NBA if he makes a roster next season ... A likely second-round pick ...

http://www.nbadraft....ndrew-goudelock

#94 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:34 PM

This dude, Andrew Goudelock, has some good numbers

4 year player...increased his numbers every year...shooter

Pau Gasol is GONE

#95 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,793 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:37 PM

Read an article about Goudelock like two months back. Might end up being useful.

Stellar outside touch could get Goudelock to the NBA

Posted Apr 16 2011 11:44AM

In his four-year career at the College of Charleston, Andrew Goudelock squeezed off nearly 1,000 3-point shots, almost 400 of which found the bottom of the net.

That was a success ratio of 40 percent, a great number by anyone's standards. But what's more impressive than that number of takes and makes is this: On most of those shots, it's doubtful whether Goudelock knew or cared where he was on the floor in relation to the 3-point line. When Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall said before his team's NIT game against Charleston last month that Goudelock will "shoot it from one dribble over half court, but he makes them," he was only half kidding. Goudelock's got popcorn stand range and the cold-blooded confidence to let it fly.

College coaches talk all the time about how, if a player has one great skill, it could be enough to land him in the NBA. If that's true, Goudelock, with his pure stroke and next-level range, has a chance.

"He definitely has a chance," Charleston coach Bobby Cremins said. "His shooting is uncanny, just uncanny. It's really spectacular. It's a sight to behold."

Just in case anyone forgot about his one great skill, Goudelock has been on a mission in April to jog some memories. At the Final Four, he won the 3-point shooting contest one day and scored a game-high tying 21 points in the East-West All-Star game the next. A few days later in the Portsmouth Invitational, Goudelock put that textbook jumper of his on display one more time, taking 22 3-pointers in three games and making 13 of them. Yes, that's 59 percent.

Granted it was still the college 3-point line, but as NBA director of scouting Ryan Blake said, matter-of-factly, "an NBA 3-point line was not needed to gauge [Goudelock's] range. It is well beyond that."

Some shooters are born and some are made. Goudelock is a little of both. "I was born with the touch," he said, "but I had to work on getting it to where it is."

Goudelock calls his pre-high school jump shot a "flick." He knew it wouldn't hold up.

"I could make shots, but it looked funny," Goudelock said. "I knew when I got older, it would get blocked. People were getting taller, and I'm not that tall. I knew once I got the form and the mechanics down, it was all about repetition. And then it was the mental aspect. I've always had confidence in my shooting."

That confidence was shaken four years ago when Goudelock, who's from Stone Mountain, Ga., showed up at the College of Charleston. His parents had remembered Cremins when he coached at Georgia Tech and wanted their son to play for him. Goudelock, whose Division I scholarship offers could have been counted on one hand, reluctantly agreed. But homesickness set in quickly, and then the clashes with Cremins started.

"At first we didn't like each other at all," Goudelock said, laughing at the recollection. "He'll tell you. It was really rocky. And I was immature. I thought I knew everything. I didn't think I'd be at Charleston very long."

Cremins wasn't about to let Goudelock slip away, but he never went easy on him.

"I was hard on him early on," Cremins said. "But I give him all the credit. He finally bought in and understood where I was coming from. He knew I had put some players in the league at Georgia Tech. And that's his ultimate goal. I laid out some things he had to do in order to do that. And he's still working on them."

Which brings us to the point Goudelock alluded to earlier. If he were 6-foot-6, you wouldn't be reading this story because it wouldn't have been written. Goudelock would have been a certain NBA draft pick as a game-breaking shooter with prototypical two-guard size.

But Goudelock isn't 6-6. He's 6-2, which means, as Cremins said, "the scouts would love to see him play some point guard."

Cremins did his best to accommodate Goudelock this season, letting him run the offense at times. And to his credit, Goudelock averaged 4.2 assists, even as he was hoisting 322 3-pointers. But Goudelock also committed 119 turnovers, indicating his decision making could stand a bit of tightening.

In his first two games at Portsmouth, Goudelock showed he had combo guard possibilities, averaging 24 points, making 12 of 17 3-pointers (70 percent!) and passed for six assists against four turnovers. But then came Goudelock's third game, and in a head-to-head matchup with former Penn State star Talor Battle, he committed five turnovers and handed out just one assist. Worse, he was 5 of 15 from the floor and 1 of 5 from three.

"When he came back from Portsmouth, he talked more about the game he didn't play well than the two he did," Cremins said. "He said, 'Coach, I didn't finish it.' But he's still going to get his shot [in workouts for NBA teams]. And when he gets his shot, he's going to have to do his thing."

Goudelock, ever the competitor, won't lack for confidence in those workouts. And he'll also take some added inspiration with him.

While searching the Internet before the season began, he came across an old story about another Andrew Goudelock. It was the brother of Goudeock's biological father and the man for whom he was named. The first Andrew Goudelock was a high school football star in Georgia, but his legacy is not how well he played, but that he played at all. After he was diagnosed with bone cancer and had to have his left leg amputated just below the knee, he kept playing, without a prosthesis. And he didn't just hobble around logging time. After his senior season, Andrew Goudelock I was chosen to play in the Georgia high school all-star game.

"I'd never heard the story," Goudelock said. "I told coach Cremins, and he talked to the team about it. And he said there was a message in it for me, to have courage like my uncle did, no matter what happens."

In the weeks ahead, when he laces his shoes just before stepping on the court for workouts with NBA teams, Goudelock will think of his uncle -- who died in 1986 -- and be reminded that anything is possible.

"I've been lucky enough to do a lot in my career," Goudelock said. "But I have a lot more to do. My goal is to play in the NBA, but I don't want to just be on a team. I want to contribute and do as much as I can for the organization I go to. I want to do my best, just like my uncle did, regardless of the challenges I'm going to face."

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/chris_dortch/04/16/andrew-goudelock/index.html

#96 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:38 PM

there goes selby

Edited by Windu, June 23, 2011 - 07:39 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#97 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,063 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 08:03 PM

huh? wtf? we drafted a guy from the development league?

ugh

Pau Gasol is GONE

#98 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted June 23, 2011 - 10:14 PM

Marshon Brooks is a Kobe imitator and it's pretty funny. He tries to imitate all his mannerisms and even shoots like Kobe.

Lol it was kind of dorky

Kobe does the same thing with Jordan lol. I don't really see it as dorky if he looks up to Kobe & sees him as his MJ

Can't wait til Colangelo is out of Toronto Brandon Knight was available but yet he drafts that Jonas guy!? dumbest GM

#99 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 01:55 PM

Kobe does the same thing with Jordan lol. I don't really see it as dorky if he looks up to Kobe & sees him as his MJ

Can't wait til Colangelo is out of Toronto Brandon Knight was available but yet he drafts that Jonas guy!? dumbest GM

It's just funny to see him imitate Kobe
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users