• Fan Since:since shaq and kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 20, 2011 - 06:28 PM

Like it or not?

LAL-NOH-ORL Trade

Lakers get Chris Paul and Dwight Howard
Magic get Emeka Okafor and Pau Gasol
New Orleans get Andrew Bynum and Jameer Nelson

Edited by geeayecee, June 20, 2011 - 06:31 PM.

Kobe Bryant + Chris Paul + Dwight Howard = LAL Champs 2011-2013

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,251 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 20, 2011 - 06:30 PM

You just posted a link to the trade machine dude.

#3 geeayecee

geeayecee

Rookie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:Gereel

Posted June 20, 2011 - 06:46 PM

You just posted a link to the trade machine dude.

oh sorry i didnt know how to post the actual trade in the trade machine -__-

#4 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 20, 2011 - 08:56 PM

this wont happen, NO and ORL can get better offers for their all-stars
Posted Image

#5 geeayecee

geeayecee

Rookie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:Gereel

Posted June 20, 2011 - 09:18 PM

this wont happen, NO and ORL can get better offers for their all-stars

i know but since it worked on the trade machine i figured might as well put it up here

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 20, 2011 - 10:01 PM

Awesome trade. Will it happen? probably not.

Getting Howard AND CP3 may be quite difficult.

We could probably get Howard and Hedo straight up for Bynum and Odom.
Regarding CP3, we could offer Pau straight up for CP3. Pau and Okafor in the frontcourt can be devastating. However, i do not think the Hornets would do any trade involving CP3 unless they get a guy they can build around for the future.

#7 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 21, 2011 - 12:36 AM

This would be the dream scenario but its pretty unlikely that it happens. The only way I could see it happening is if they could somehow get CP3 first without giving up Bynum. Maybe Gasol, Odom, and picks for CP3 and a scrub. If we were somehow able to get him, you know that Dwight would demand a trade ASAP and the only thing that Orlando could do is grant him his wish and trade him for Bynum and maybe draft picks. The other option is if we trade Bynum and Odom for CP3 and Okafor. We could then trade Gasol, Okafor, Shannon Brown, and draft picks for Howard and Arenas. Getting Arenas would hurt due to his huge contract but if he gets healthy he could be a productive backup for Kobe. A lineup of CP3/Kobe/Artest/free agent PF/Howard would definitely be a championship contender.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 5,020 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 21, 2011 - 01:32 AM

This would be the dream scenario but its pretty unlikely that it happens. The only way I could see it happening is if they could somehow get CP3 first without giving up Bynum. Maybe Gasol, Odom, and picks for CP3 and a scrub. If we were somehow able to get him, you know that Dwight would demand a trade ASAP and the only thing that Orlando could do is grant him his wish and trade him for Bynum and maybe draft picks. The other option is if we trade Bynum and Odom for CP3 and Okafor. We could then trade Gasol, Okafor, Shannon Brown, and draft picks for Howard and Arenas. Getting Arenas would hurt due to his huge contract but if he gets healthy he could be a productive backup for Kobe. A lineup of CP3/Kobe/Artest/free agent PF/Howard would definitely be a championship contender.

I would worry about who that FA-PF is going to be. David West just got a major injury and isn't going to sign for the MLE anyways. There is basically no good FA's that can be had for the MLE, AND we would still need a back-up C and PF.

I think the safest way to go is to either keep Gasol and hope Howard can be had in a Bynum-Odom-ish trade or ship Gasol-Shannon-Ebanks to Minny for K-Love, Beasley and scraps, and then hope that would be enough for Howard to bite.

CP3 would be awesome, but i am not sure i trust his knees, and I actually think a good PF to pair with Howard (Pau or Love) would be at least as important. Imagine Love and Howard on the same team. Every single rebound-battle would be won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users