Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#123 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:19 PM

well tell me trutildeath why else should Karl be included?

has he shown improvement from last year? has he played good defense? has he knocked down those long range shots which the team says he's good at?

Giles is 23 years old, Crawford is 22 years old while Karl is 25...this is as good as he'll ever be

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#124 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:24 PM

i was talking to nissan guy

#125 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:25 PM

and your roster is wrong Sun yue is signed

#126 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:26 PM

another bum who won't play..sadly

#127 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 12, 2008 - 08:42 PM

I like today's lineups...;) Win is deserved, phew!

#128 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 12, 2008 - 11:59 PM

observations, fools
1. Good to finally see a win from my boys. I was VERY happy to see that they haven't completely forgotten about defense.
2. As much as I want to hate Vlad, he did well this evening. For the first time ever, Rad was inside of the three-point line doing work. I actually saw a couple of rebounds (7 total!), and a freaking dunk! It was the haircut. I'm convinced.
3. Pau is still doing his thing and doing it well. Very good to see.
4. Coby Karl scored five points. That's five more than he'll score in the regular season. He's so lovable, but the other noobs have more potential. It's as simple as that.
5. Speaking of the noobs: A. I really like Josh Powell, but the hair is killing me. I see cornrows, and I think Kwame's oven mitt hands. B. Heath and Giles are looking good, buuuuut, don't think either will make the cut. I like workers, and they're both going balls out to get a spot.
6. Finally, Chris Mihm is looking okay. He got [expletive]ed around big time when he got like three minutes in the finals last year. He's looking like a decent backup now... orrrrr trade baaaiiiit.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, October 13, 2008 - 12:00 AM.

#129 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 13, 2008 - 06:50 AM

What´s the next game? Lakers vs Barça?

:)

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#130 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted October 13, 2008 - 02:42 PM

:clap: :rock:

Edited by wong63, October 13, 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#131 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 13, 2008 - 04:09 PM

that's all u say he hasen't proven anything in the league well 100% of all the players started off like that. They just need time on the court. like member that guy sasha right he couldn't hit anything right? Or bynum yea you know him surely he sucked big time an we wanted to trade him for jason kidd or o'neal.

karl > Luke LOL yeah really funny :clap:

Please don't compare Sasha to this scrub. Sasha was playing pro ball when he was a teenager while George's son was playing high school basketball. Sasha got drafted in the first round because he always had the potential to be a good NBA player unlike George's son. George's son went undrafted because he won't be a good NBA player.

Sasha at least made shots in practice. Sasha's problem was the Lakers wanted him to be a PG instead of a SG. Sasha can't play the point and he started being productive when the Lakers made him a spot up shooter.

I never wanted Bynum to be traded for anybody. Ask people on the other site how I felt about Bynum before he started getting minutes. I never wanted to trade him for JO, Artest, Kidd, ect...

What improvements has Karl made to his game this offseason? :rock:

#132 jplakers

jplakers

Rookie

• 52 posts
  • Fav. Laker:andrew bynum

Posted October 13, 2008 - 09:06 PM

if it wasent for george karl or i hate to say this but his battle with cancer he woulnt be here giles haspotential crawford has potential they played at good colleges and are young karl on the other hand is not heck gasol is only two years older than karl kobe went ot high school at the same time he was a freshmen that is sad

#133 Kobynum Gasodom

Kobynum Gasodom

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe/magic/Kareem

Posted October 16, 2008 - 06:49 PM

most of you are sleeping on Karl, he, not unlike Luke, and all white American born players are about confidence. He can obviously shoot, he just needs the confidence. In this way he is a lot like sasha. Average defender, smart, but he rushes. Honestly, why can't he be like Larry Legend, as of now confidefence and swagger, which can't be taught, but those attributes can be earned. His age doesn't matter, he lacks exprience.
Giles is better though, Heath needs a lot of work(not ready). I really think Giles is incredibly athletic, with touch around the rim. Skinny as a pole, but so is Gasol, Chandler, and Bosh, Garnett are slightly bigger than those 2.
Don't get me wrong, i know that he is no where close to Bird, but if you judge his skill set, a shooter, with that build, confidence is the only thing he lacks. He can shoot because NBA scouts and Phil acknowledged that, and though a lot of yall believe you know more than scouts(and phil), and Im sure none of you wanted to give sasha another chance after his second year either.

Edited by Kobynum Gasodom, October 16, 2008 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users