#1 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 17, 2011 - 02:27 AM

Unless we select from the crappy choices in the FA bin, it's looking like were gonna have to trade to improve the PG position. I was thinking that Lamar Odom and Steve Blake could get us a decent return, but who could we trade them for. Here's a couple ideas:

LO and Blake to Warriors for Monta Ellis and throw-in
Would be a awesome trade for the Lakers but I think that Golden State could get so much more from a different team (like Iggy from Philly)

LO and Blake to Nuggets for Raymond Felton and Birdman or Wilson Chandler
The rare trade that makes both teams better, it gives the Lakers a top-10 PG in Felton and either a good energy big off the bench (Birdman) or a really good back-up for Kobe in Chandler. Odom would be an awesome 6th man or even a starter with Denver while Blake is a solid contributor off the bench. Also, this trade gives Ty Lawson the confidence and security that he's running the show and doesn't have anyone breathing down his back for minutes. Lakers might have to throw in some draft picks to make it work.

LO and Blake to Cleveland for Ramon Sessions and Varejao
Even though I wasn't sold on Sessions at first, the more I look at his game the more I'm impressed. He's awesome in the P&R, loves to pass the ball, and is a solid defender. Bad thing is he's not much of a shooter, but neither is Fish or Blake. I absolutely love Varejaos game: he's a top notch defender who thrives in P&R defense, which has long been the Lakers Achilles heel. He also is a good rebounder with decent hands and is known for his all-out hustle on the court. On Clevelands side, they get out from under Varejaos lengthy contract and get an awesome 6th man and mentor in Odom. This trade is good for both teams but the main reason I like this trade is because it gives the lakers the option to trade Gasol and Sessions for a really good PG such as D-Will or CP3 (with Varejao sliding into the starting 4 spot). Who knows, it could happen.

Another option is to trade Odom and Blake for draft picks. In this weak draft, teams are trying to trade out of their spots in the draft. I doubt Minny would do it but maybe the T-Wolves would offer us the 2nd pick for Odom and a bunch of 2nd rounders. With the #2 pick we could either draft a PG like Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker or trade whoever we pick for a more established star, maybe even package it with Gasol for D-Will or CP3

Well I'm sure theres alot more trades out there, so let me know what you guys think?

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 18, 2011 - 06:58 AM

I really prefer the Nuggets trade, and I even think they would be interested. They already have their PG for the future in Ty Lawson, and Blake is a good veteran to bring off the bench. Nene and Odom in the frontcourt would be awesome, especially with Ty Lawson running the show and Gallinari shooting 3's.

I don't think they would want to lose Wilson Chandler, but Ray Felton would be awesome, and I think the Birdman would be fantastic, as he can defend the 4 and 5 and more importantly: provide ENERGY of the bench.

I wouldn't touch Monta Ellis, and I don't think Sessions would be a good fit. Varejao on the other hand would be Awesome.

#3 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 18, 2011 - 12:10 PM

I really prefer the Nuggets trade, and I even think they would be interested. They already have their PG for the future in Ty Lawson, and Blake is a good veteran to bring off the bench. Nene and Odom in the frontcourt would be awesome, especially with Ty Lawson running the show and Gallinari shooting 3's.

I don't think they would want to lose Wilson Chandler, but Ray Felton would be awesome, and I think the Birdman would be fantastic, as he can defend the 4 and 5 and more importantly: provide ENERGY of the bench.

I wouldn't touch Monta Ellis, and I don't think Sessions would be a good fit. Varejao on the other hand would be Awesome.

I like Ellis, I think his problem is there is no one on the Warriors to keep him in check. Kobe would keep him in check. Ellis is the best player on the Warriors,Ellis would not be the best player on the Lakers

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 18, 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 18, 2011 - 02:55 PM

I wouldn't touch Monta Ellis

why not? :nervous:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 18, 2011 - 07:50 PM

im hoping for felton
Posted Image

#6 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 08:10 PM

im hoping for felton

I would take Ellis or Felton If I had to choose I would take Ellis

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,828 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 11:01 PM

why not? :nervous:

Monta Ellis have widely bben regarded as the most overrated player in the NBA by many sportswriters.

He can't defend, he doesn't shoot that well, and he doesn't pass enough. Also, he is a natural scorer, a volume shooter, and on the Lakers he will be the 3rd to 4th scoring option behind Kobe, Pau and Bynum. I doubt that it will work.

However, I might be wrong. Monta could reinvent himself as a pass-first PG, and score when needed. Also, people can become good defenders when they get a new coach.

#8 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,178 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 18, 2011 - 11:15 PM

Monta Ellis have widely bben regarded as the most overrated player in the NBA by many sportswriters.

He can't defend, he doesn't shoot that well, and he doesn't pass enough. Also, he is a natural scorer, a volume shooter, and on the Lakers he will be the 3rd to 4th scoring option behind Kobe, Pau and Bynum. I doubt that it will work.

However, I might be wrong. Monta could reinvent himself as a pass-first PG, and score when needed. Also, people can become good defenders when they get a new coach.

I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you here.

If anything, Monta is underrated. Yes, he can defend (saw him play pretty damn good defense on kobe). I don't know where you're getting "he doesn't shoot the ball that well" from; he's a 47% career shooter (better percentage than Kobe), 33% career 3PT shooter. Last 3 seasons, he's shot 45% from the field and he shot 36% from deep this past season. Doesn't pass enough? dished out 6 APG this past season.

Edited by Windu, June 18, 2011 - 11:15 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,828 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 11:47 PM

I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you here.

If anything, Monta is underrated. Yes, he can defend (saw him play pretty damn good defense on kobe). I don't know where you're getting "he doesn't shoot the ball that well" from; he's a 47% career shooter (better percentage than Kobe), 33% career 3PT shooter. Last 3 seasons, he's shot 45% from the field and he shot 36% from deep this past season. Doesn't pass enough? dished out 6 APG this past season.

Yet, the Warriors are stil playing better, when Monta is OFF the court...

Ok, if we could get him for Odom, I would do it. But for Pau, as many has suggested, is insane.

#10 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 11:57 PM

Yet, the Warriors are stil playing better, when Monta is OFF the court...

Ok, if we could get him for Odom, I would do it. But for Pau, as many has suggested, is insane.

I would want Ellis and Wright

#11 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 21, 2011 - 12:06 AM

I would want Ellis and Wright

Ya but I doubt they'd give him up for just Odom and Blake. Philly was offering up Iggy and even though I love Odom, Iggy is younger and a way better player than Lamar at this point. Who knows tho, Jerry West might do his old team a solid and approve the trade lol

#12 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 21, 2011 - 06:25 AM

Ya but I doubt they'd give him up for just Odom and Blake. Philly was offering up Iggy and even though I love Odom, Iggy is younger and a way better player than Lamar at this point. Who knows tho, Jerry West might do his old team a solid and approve the trade lol

The Warriors have too many young guys they net a Vet in the locker room who can play, Odom can fit right into that role with 2 rings and played for Phil Jackson he would have there respect and attention

#13 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:12 PM

Well there goes Felton to Portland... fudge!

#14 RawDawg

RawDawg

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Fan Since:'98
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC!

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:27 PM

while Blake is a solid contributor off the bench

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

#15 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:36 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Well hes been a solid bench contributor on every team but the Lakers, I'm blaming the triangle for that lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users