11 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2011 - 12:14 AM

Version #1: CP3 and Okafor for Bynum and Odom.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3n577rm

Version #2: CP3, Okafor, Ariza for Bynum, Odom, Blake, Ebanks.

Why should the Lakers do this trade:
We do take on a bit of money, but CP3 is the best PG in the league (yes, better than Rose, Westbrook, D-Will) and he is one of the guys that Kobe REALLY respect.
Okafor could take over Bynums role as the defensive anchor, and while he isn't as good, he is a lot more durable than Bynum.

CP3-Kobe-FA/Artest-Gasol-Okafor is an ELITE starting line-up.

Why should the Hornets do this trade:
First of all, New Orleans is a small market and they're not getting any big FAs to sign. Also, they may lose CP3 in free-agency.
Secondly, the team is always on the verge of moving.
Thirdly, they save a lot of money!
Odom and Bynum is owed 24 million next season, and an additional 24 if the Hornets CHOOSE to keep them in 2012-13, so roughly 50 million the next two seasons.
Okafor is owed at least 40 million, and CP3 about 32. So about 70 million.
This means, that they can save at least 20 million the two seasons.
Finally, they get options/assets. Right now the fate of the team is in the hands of CP3, and whether he stays or goes or whatever David West chooses to do is not in their hands.
Bynum is a guy you can build around, so they could either start Odom at the 4 or trade him. They could also do a sign-and-trade with David West giving them picks or assets.

Even better...

#2 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 16, 2011 - 02:28 PM

Version #1: CP3 and Okafor for Bynum and Odom.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3n577rm

Why should the Lakers do this trade:
We do take on a bit of money, but CP3 is the best PG in the league (yes, better than Rose, Westbrook, D-Will) and he is one of the guys that Kobe REALLY respect.
Okafor could take over Bynums role as the defensive anchor, and while he isn't as good, he is a lot more durable than Bynum.

CP3-Kobe-FA/Artest-Gasol-Okafor is an ELITE starting line-up.

Why should the Hornets do this trade:
First of all, New Orleans is a small market and they're not getting any big FAs to sign. Also, they may lose CP3 in free-agency.
Secondly, the team is always on the verge of moving.
Thirdly, they save a lot of money!
Odom and Bynum is owed 24 million next season, and an additional 24 if the Hornets CHOOSE to keep them in 2012-13, so roughly 50 million the next two seasons.
Okafor is owed at least 40 million, and CP3 about 32. So about 70 million.
This means, that they can save at least 20 million the two seasons.
Finally, they get options/assets. Right now the fate of the team is in the hands of CP3, and whether he stays or goes or whatever David West chooses to do is not in their hands.
Bynum is a guy you can build around, so they could either start Odom at the 4 or trade him. They could also do a sign-and-trade with David West giving them picks or assets.

Even better...

This trade would put us out of the running if Howard becomes available

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 16, 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#3 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2011 - 06:01 PM

instead of blake and ebanks, throw in artest, dude is garbage
Posted Image

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 16, 2011 - 06:03 PM

replace bynum with pau

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 09:54 PM

replace bynum with pau

I would love to have CP3 and the K love 2nd pick trade. We should trade whatever we can except for Kobe and Bynum. If we got CP3 nothing would stop Howard from coming to the Lakers As long as we have Bynum to trade for him

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,480 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 10:38 PM

I would love to have CP3 and the K love 2nd pick trade. We should trade whatever we can except for Kobe and Bynum. If we got CP3 nothing would stop Howard from coming to the Lakers As long as we have Bynum to trade for him

That's a good point, actually. If we have CP3 and Kobe, getting Dwight would be a lot easier.

Playing CP3, Kobe, Artest, Okafor and Howard would be impossible to score against, and with CP3 running the show, even Okafor can shoot 3's.

#7 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 17, 2011 - 01:09 AM

That's a good point, actually. If we have CP3 and Kobe, getting Dwight would be a lot easier.

Playing CP3, Kobe, Artest, Okafor and Howard would be impossible to score against, and with CP3 running the show, even Okafor can shoot 3's.

That lineup would be awesome, but has Okafor ever played PF. I know he's only 6-10, but I'm not sure he has the quickness to guard some 4's. I agree tho, if we were somehow able to get a top notch PG like D-Will or CP3 without giving up Bynum, you know that same day Dwight would be on the phone with his agent yelling "GET ME TO LA" haha. Whoever we got to play the 4 wouldn't even have to score for us with that lineup, we just need a Horace Grant type who just rebounds and play tough defense. I wish there was a way we could steal Varejao from Cleveland, he'd be the perfect complement to Dwight, plus he's one of the better P & R defenders in the game. I know he's owed alot of money, maybe a swap for Artest and draft picks would work.

#8 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 09:34 AM

That lineup would be awesome, but has Okafor ever played PF. I know he's only 6-10, but I'm not sure he has the quickness to guard some 4's. I agree tho, if we were somehow able to get a top notch PG like D-Will or CP3 without giving up Bynum, you know that same day Dwight would be on the phone with his agent yelling "GET ME TO LA" haha. Whoever we got to play the 4 wouldn't even have to score for us with that lineup, we just need a Horace Grant type who just rebounds and play tough defense. I wish there was a way we could steal Varejao from Cleveland, he'd be the perfect complement to Dwight, plus he's one of the better P & R defenders in the game. I know he's owed alot of money, maybe a swap for Artest and draft picks would work.

I would try Gasol instead of Bynum and if we could get CP3,Ariza and Okafo, Howard would Jump ship for Bynum we would have the most feared defense in the NBA. Weakness at the 4 would not matter. Howard, Okafor ,Ariza Kobe and Paul would be unstoppable on offense and defense. Teams would not be able to drive and kick for the wide open shot! Kobe,Ariza and Paul the ultimate perimeter defense and Howard and Okafor down low the ultimate interior defense. Okafor has not had to guard anyone on the wing so he is unproven that doesn't mean he cant, Only Dirk can beat you out there and the Lakers would adjust. The only bigs that are consistent deep outside threats are Dirk and Durant and Durant is a 3 not a 4. I don't think Dirk at 34 would be able to Score 40 or 50 a game consistently that's what it would take to beat us. We hired Mike brown for defense so I'm sure he would resolve any defensive issue.

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 18, 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#9 TripleOT

TripleOT

Rookie

• 45 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted June 19, 2011 - 10:02 AM

Wow, I propsed a similar trade of Odom, Artest Blake and whoever for Ariza and Paul. Then trade Gasol and whoever for Howard. Our starting 5 would be
PG-Paul
SG-Byant
SF-Ariza
PF-Howard
C-Bynum.

Twin Towers on Roids, plus best backcourt in the NBA and a great wing defender in Ariza.

#10 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 10:46 AM

Wow, I propsed a similar trade of Odom, Artest Blake and whoever for Ariza and Paul. Then trade Gasol and whoever for Howard. Our starting 5 would be
PG-Paul
SG-Byant
SF-Ariza
PF-Howard
C-Bynum.

Twin Towers on Roids, plus best backcourt in the NBA and a great wing defender in Ariza.

The New York Daily News said the Lakers are focusing on Paul or Williams. I think the Lakers have a better shot of getting Paul. I would try a Odom package for Paul like Odom, Artest and Brown, if they refuse and want Gasol instead then we could ask for Paul and Landry for Gasol because Gasol has a 2 million kicker that would put his salary at 19 mil. or Gasol and Blake for Paul and Ariza. I still believe if we get CP3 Howard is coming and depending on who we have left package them with Bynum for Howard. With the way the CBA is now the Lakers can get both. Ive done the math

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,096 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 19, 2011 - 11:05 AM

The New York Daily News said the Lakers are focusing on Paul or Williams. I think the Lakers have a better shot of getting Paul. I would try a Odom package for Paul like Odom, Artest and Brown, if they refuse and want Gasol instead then we could ask for Paul and Landry for Gasol because Gasol has a 2 million kicker that would put his salary at 19 mil. or Gasol and Blake for Paul and Ariza. I still believe if we get CP3 Howard is coming and depending on who we have left package them with Bynum for Howard. With the way the CBA is now the Lakers can get both. Ive done the math

CP3 is a better player than Pau so how could we ask for CP3 AND Landry? NO is not going to be fooled by that one.

Don't get me wrong...I like Carl Landry's game but I don't see NO doing that.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 11:52 AM

CP3 is a better player than Pau so how could we ask for CP3 AND Landry? NO is not going to be fooled by that one.

Don't get me wrong...I like Carl Landry's game but I don't see NO doing that.

Gasol makes more than CP3 plus he has a 2 mil kicker so that puts Gasol salary at 19 mil, Paul makes 16.4 this year and 17 next year. I believe Landry is a free agent he could sign anywhere. I think Okafor Gasol, Ariza and Jack would still be a good team and probably be higher than a 8 seed like they were this year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users