#1 jokkiii

jokkiii

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Odom Magic Worthy

Posted June 15, 2011 - 12:56 PM

First, we trade Bynum to Golden State for Monta Ellis

do i really have to explain my logic behind this?

Kobe Bryant, as great as he is, is turning 33 soon. He can no longer single handedly carry our perimeter attack. Enter Ellis, he's only 25 years old and is averaging nearly 25 ppg. Not to mention his improved and underrated passing abilities. Monta Ellis is a very capable point guard, besides it isn't like Fisher racked up assists either.

Why would the warrriors send us Ellis for Byunum? Easy, they have no center and with the loss of Ellis, it will be easy to make up for if they can draft Alec Burks with the 11th overall pick.

You may complain that: We have no center...but, this is where the crosstown Clippers big man Deandre Jordan comes into play. We can offer him part of, or all of the MLE. This should definitley be enough to lure him to the Lakers.

Next trade:

We send Gasol, two of our second round picks to Minnesota for Kevin Love and the 2nd overall pick.

again, this should make sense in the sense that WE HAVE NO SOLID REBOUNDERS ON OUR TEAM, or anyone who enforces the paint with brute strength. You say Dwight Howard, I say Kevin Love. Not to mention we get Derrick Williams at it too.

Why do the WOlves do it?
Kurt Rambis is familiar with Gasol and with Ricky Rubio coming in he will need a solid player to pick and roll with. Enter Gasol, Gasol will thrive in minnesota playing aside Ricky Rubio.

Final starting 5's

Warriors

Curry
Burks
Dorell Wright
David Lee
Bynum

Lakers

Ellis
Kobe
Derrick Williams
Love
Deandre Jordan

Wolves

Rubio
Wes Johnson
Beasley
Gasol
Milicic

I think that this trade benefits all the teams involved. In clear, the Lakers get tons of years younger and athletic

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 15, 2011 - 12:58 PM

We would either have to trade Barnes or Artest if we get Derrick Williams.

#3 thrilla86

thrilla86

Rookie

• 244 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 15, 2011 - 01:02 PM

We would either have to trade Barnes or Artest if we get Derrick Williams.

Really???

You mean to tell me the Lakers, the most storied franchise in the NBA is going to have Derrick Williams in the starting line up with Deandre Jordan? That is terrible.

#4 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 01:20 PM

Kobe Bryant, as great as he is, is turning 33 soon. He can no longer single handedly carry our perimeter attack. Enter Ellis, he's only 25 years old and is averaging nearly 25 ppg. Not to mention his improved and underrated passing abilities. Monta Ellis is a very capable point guard, besides it isn't like Fisher racked up assists either.

Why would the warrriors send us Ellis for Byunum? Easy, they have no center and with the loss of Ellis, it will be easy to make up for if they can draft Alec Burks with the 11th overall pick.

You may complain that: We have no center...but, this is where the crosstown Clippers big man Deandre Jordan comes into play. We can offer him part of, or all of the MLE. This should definitley be enough to lure him to the Lakers.

Next trade:

We send Gasol, two of our second round picks to Minnesota for Kevin Love and the 2nd overall pick.

again, this should make sense in the sense that WE HAVE NO SOLID REBOUNDERS ON OUR TEAM, or anyone who enforces the paint with brute strength. You say Dwight Howard, I say Kevin Love. Not to mention we get Derrick Williams at it too.

Why do the WOlves do it?
Kurt Rambis is familiar with Gasol and with Ricky Rubio coming in he will need a solid player to pick and roll with. Enter Gasol, Gasol will thrive in minnesota playing aside Ricky Rubio.

Too many things wrong with this but will be brief.

First Lakers would never trade Bynum for Monta. Bynum can get much more than that. 2nd Deandre Jordan will never sign a MLE price and even if he did the Clippers have the right to match and would do so in a heartbeat. 3rd Gasol is very unlikely to fetch both Love and the number 2. It would be nice but Minny won't do it.

Edited by pointguard11, June 15, 2011 - 01:21 PM.

"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 15, 2011 - 01:42 PM

Really???

You mean to tell me the Lakers, the most storied franchise in the NBA is going to have Derrick Williams in the starting line up with Deandre Jordan? That is terrible.

No, I'm just saying that according to that trade one of our SF's would have to go.Never said anything about Jordan

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 02:48 PM

Lakers

Ellis
Kobe
Derrick Williams
Love
Deandre Jordan

I was wondering what the Lakers could do so they can be a #7/#8 seed for the next couple seasons.

Seriously though, Kobe has 2-3 more seasons to play at a high level so why are we going to put a unproven rookie in the starting lineup along with an athletic center that has no offensive game except for dunks and put backs?

The Lakers do not need a major roster overhaul. We need a point guard most definitely. But we can get back to the Finals with Bynum/Gasol, there is no doubt in my mind. Now if we happened to trade for Howard or Love, then that's fine too. But it's not a smart idea to completely redo the roster just because we got dismantled by the Mavericks.

#7 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 15, 2011 - 03:55 PM

I was wondering what the Lakers could do so they can be a #7/#8 seed for the next couple seasons.

Seriously though, Kobe has 2-3 more seasons to play at a high level so why are we going to put a unproven rookie in the starting lineup along with an athletic center that has no offensive game except for dunks and put backs?

The Lakers do not need a major roster overhaul. We need a point guard most definitely. But we can get back to the Finals with Bynum/Gasol, there is no doubt in my mind. Now if we happened to trade for Howard or Love, then that's fine too. But it's not a smart idea to completely redo the roster just because we got dismantled by the Mavericks.

I think we Only trade Bynum for Howard, I think Kobe and Dirk are both rare cases I think Kobe has about 4 to 5 left in the tank. I think Odom and Gasol have about 2 left at a good level. We need a good point guard the only way to get one is by trading Odom or Gasol there is no other way.I think realistically our best shot for a point guard is Ellis for Odom and some of our bench and a 2nd round pic. If we could put together a package of Odom pics and some of our bench for Felton and JR Smith I would like that as well. If we trade Gasol which I think we should not because of Dallas but because of the west in general. Were to slow and don't have any outside shooting to keep everyone honest.If we could trade Gasol and some of our bench for Love, Beasley,Webster 2nd pic these for sure and hopefully Randolph. The Lakers cant tweek their Line up keeping Gasol and Odom If we kept Bynum/Gasol as you suggest the only way I see us possibly getting back to the finals is either one of these line ups. Bynum Gasol/ Eubanks Artest/Barnes Kobe/Jr smith/Brown Felton/Fisher or Bynum Gasol/Eubanks Artest/Barnes/ D wright Kobe/ Brown Ellis/ Fisher I don't think Character will be there next year unless he gets motivated. We would have to use Sasha trade exempt on a outside shooter and hope we get lucking in the 2nd round of the draft

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 15, 2011 - 04:04 PM.

#8 redman

redman

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Name:Redman
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 15, 2011 - 04:01 PM

Next trade:

Why do the WOlves do it?

Final starting 5's

Warriors

Curry
Burks
Dorell Wright
David Lee
Bynum

Lakers

Ellis
Kobe
Derrick Williams
Love
Deandre Jordan

Wolves

Rubio
Wes Johnson
Beasley
Gasol
Milicic

I think that this trade benefits all the teams involved. In clear, the Lakers get tons of years younger and athletic

I agree with your Pau for Love/2nd pick trade but if the Lakers wouldnt trade bynum for melo, why would they trade him for ellis? If Laker somehow could get love and 2nd pick for Pau, they should trade Odom (whos been the laker involved with the trade talks for ellis NOT bynum)/ Ebanks/Blake for Ellis/Udoh or just Ellis. Then ship Ron to Charlotte, philly, or anywhere interested in him for a decent back up bigman or some draft picks.

Ellis/Derek
Kobe/Shannon(?)
Barnes/Derrick williams
Love/Udoh or FA
Bynum/FA

#9 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 09:59 PM

I agree with your Pau for Love/2nd pick trade but if the Lakers wouldnt trade bynum for melo, why would they trade him for ellis? If Laker somehow could get love and 2nd pick for Pau, they should trade Odom (whos been the laker involved with the trade talks for ellis NOT bynum)/ Ebanks/Blake for Ellis/Udoh or just Ellis. Then ship Ron to Charlotte, philly, or anywhere interested in him for a decent back up bigman or some draft picks.

Ellis/Derek
Kobe/Shannon(?)
Barnes/Derrick williams
Love/Udoh or FA
Bynum/FA

If we can get CP3 and still have Bynum were getting Howard. No way Howard not coming to the Lakers if CP3 is there and we still have Bynum to trade for him

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 16, 2011 - 09:59 PM.

#10 TripleOT

TripleOT

Rookie

• 45 posts
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted June 17, 2011 - 02:29 PM

You must be off that high grade Medicinal if you think we are trading Ellis for Bynum. We can get Ellis for Odom and, Bynum only gets traded for Howard or Chris Paul. Throw in Love for Gasol. I would love a starting 5 of Howard, Love, Artest, Bryant, Ellis.

#11 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 17, 2011 - 02:58 PM

Ellis/Derek
Kobe/Shannon(?)
Barnes/Derrick williams
Love/Udoh or FA
Bynum/FA

lets say we dont get ellis, and decide not draft derrick williams. We could get irving if hes still around, or kemba walker. Would fix our pg issues.
Posted Image

#12 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 17, 2011 - 06:29 PM

I doubt the Warriors would take Odom and Blake for Ellis, they can get a better deal from another team. We'd most likely have to give up Gasol to get Ellis. Maybe trade Gasol and Blake for Ellis, Dorell Wright, and the 11th pick. We slide Odom into the starting lineup and either draft a swingman or big with the 11th pick. I'd love if the Lakers got Klay Thompson with the pick, he seems like he could be a really good player plus his dad played with the Showtime Lakers.

#13 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 06:34 AM

I doubt the Warriors would take Odom and Blake for Ellis, they can get a better deal from another team. We'd most likely have to give up Gasol to get Ellis. Maybe trade Gasol and Blake for Ellis, Dorell Wright, and the 11th pick. We slide Odom into the starting lineup and either draft a swingman or big with the 11th pick. I'd love if the Lakers got Klay Thompson with the pick, he seems like he could be a really good player plus his dad played with the Showtime Lakers.

I think the warriors would trade Ellis for Odom and the right package. The way the Warriors team is designed they need someone as versatile Like Odom who could play multiply positions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users