Photo

Lakers - Ibaka & #2, Minny - Gasol, Thunder - Love

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Lakers - Ibaka & #2, Minny - Gasol, Thunder - Love (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you do this trade?

1. Yes (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. No (7 votes [77.78%])

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

Which team gets the most out of this trade?

1. Lakers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. T-Wolves (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Thunder (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

4. Even trade for all teams involved (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 13, 2011 - 09:53 PM

Saw a similar trade involving the same three teams, I just revised it a bit.

Lakers get:
Serge Ibaka
2nd Pick
Michael Beasley
Flynn

We lose an all-pro talent but get younger, more athletic, and much needed flexibility. Ibaka starts and gives us better defense at the 4 while allowing Bynum to move up as our 2nd scoring option (which should put a huge smile on his and Jimmy Buss' face). With Flynn starting, Fisher provides much needed leadership on the bench, which also includes Shannon Brown, Barnes, Beasley, Odom, and the 2nd pick.

Minny gets:
Pau Gasol
J Harden
Ebanks

Lose their most popular player but get a 2nd team all-NBA player in Pau (not to mention a good buddy to Rubio) and a great talent in Harden. Harden really impressed alot of people in this years playoffs and has the potential to be an all star in the mold of a Joe Johnson. Ebanks is a throw-in who could actually turn out to be a better player than both Wesley Johnson and Flynn, who have lower cielings. Minny with a Rubio-Harden-Martell Webster-Gasol-Milicic starting five isnt going to be a playoff team but should give them a better squad than what they started with.

Thunder get:
Kevin Love
Wesley Johnson
Caracter

Thunder lose potential and athleticism but gain rebounding and scoring, which are two things that killed them in the playoffs. The good thing about Love is that even though he's a great rebounder, he doesn't need to play around the basket to be effective, which frees up space for Westbrook and Durant to work. A line up of Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, Love, and Perk would be downright scary.Wesley Johnson isn't the same player as Harden, but hes a good player who could help them off the bench. Caracter could be a Big Baby-type force off the bench if he ever gets his mind right.

I know people are going to kill this trade (especially the Gasol-lovers) but I think it improves all teams involved. I personally love this trade because it gives the Lakers the flexibility to make more trades in the future. First it makes Bynum the 2nd scoring option, which improves his stock and could eventually land us Dwight Howard. Lets say that Orlando struggles in the East while Bynum gets off to a hot start with averages of 20 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 plus blocks a game (which I think are actually low estimates). With a disgruntled Dwight already packing his bags, the Magic do the only thing they could do and trade him for the 2nd best center in the league straight up. With Ibaka and D Howard prowling the middle and blocking everything in sight, guards would be crazy to enter the paint (Jose Barea... get that weak stuff outta here!). The second reason I love this trade is we can either use the 2nd pick on a PG such as Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker, or trade it in a package for another PG. Maybe the 2nd pick, Odom, and Blake could get us CP3 or D Will, who knows...

#2 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 14, 2011 - 02:18 AM

i like this trade makes us much younger, but beasley would be a headache on this team. Just saying.

Johnny flynn looks promising, just needs to be in a diff enviroment which i think coudl spark up his career if he came here.

This just seems that thunder wins on this trade in the long run but id def do the trade.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 14, 2011 - 05:41 AM

i like this trade makes us much younger, but beasley would be a headache on this team. Just saying.

Johnny flynn looks promising, just needs to be in a diff enviroment which i think coudl spark up his career if he came here.

This just seems that thunder wins on this trade in the long run but id def do the trade.

That headache shouldn't be a problem bro, this is L.A. they got stuff for that. ;)

J/K

Thats EXACTLY why we shouldnt do this trade, we dont need another underachieving stoner on this team ever again.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, June 14, 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#4 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 06:36 AM

but if we do this trade and the cavs end up picking irving, imagine derrick williams with this team. Would be sexy
Posted Image

#5 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 14, 2011 - 07:14 AM

but if we do this trade and the cavs end up picking irving, imagine derrick williams with this team. Would be sexy

:glasses: very

#6 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 05:00 PM

:glasses: very

Could you imagine the Lakers with a frontline of Derrick Williams, Serge Ibaka, and Dwight Howard. Now that would be nuckin futs!!! And as for the Lakers having an underachieving pothead like Beasley on our team, I remember Odom being the same exact way when he started out in the league. Who better to mentor Beasley than Lamar?

#7 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 01:06 AM

No but i can imagine a starting lineup like this

pg - Johnny Flynn,/ Irving if lakshow gets him
sg - kobe
sf - beasley
pf - ibaka / Derrick williams
c - bynum

Looks damn good, Putting in dwight with this series of events is just being greedy. This lineup alone looks sexy ofcourse gotta trade beasley eventually
Posted Image

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 15, 2011 - 04:38 AM

sg - kobe
sf - beasley
c - bynum

Looks damn good, Putting in dwight with this series of events is just being greedy. This lineup alone looks sexy ofcourse gotta trade beasley eventually

C'mon, how is this a major upgrade? Derrick Williams might not be any good, Johnny Flynn did not play well his second year in the league, Ibaka and Beasley is Not a major upgrade over Odom and Gasol.

#9 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 15, 2011 - 06:52 AM

sg - kobe
sf - beasley
c - bynum

That would ok if Derrick Williams lives up to his potential, I believe he is 6ft8 kind of small for a PF.

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 16, 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#10 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,493 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 02:03 PM

Well even if he doesnt live up to his potential we get a lot younger and if anything we could always move odom to the starting lineup and have ibaka or williams play sf and pf bench.

Even if the lake show doesnt get williams, theres always kanter or irving. Either way would benifit the lak show.

Yeah johnny flynn didnt play so well he just needs some leadership some mentoring. I think kobe and fish being both veteran guards can teach him that and make him a proven pg.
Posted Image

#11 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 02:18 PM

Well even if he doesnt live up to his potential we get a lot younger and if anything we could always move odom to the starting lineup and have ibaka or williams play sf and pf bench.

Even if the lake show doesnt get williams, theres always kanter or irving. Either way would benifit the lak show.

Yeah johnny flynn didnt play so well he just needs some leadership some mentoring. I think kobe and fish being both veteran guards can teach him that and make him a proven pg.

I personally like Kanter I thought I was the only one because everyone else thinks hes going to be a bust

#12 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 16, 2011 - 05:54 PM

there is no way the lakers trade gasol or bynum or even odom for any type of draft pick plus a mediocre player. its like playing the lottery, you maybe get lucky and things work out, but probably not. The only way I would deal these players is if we got someone back who was already a proven player like howard or love.
Posted Image

#13 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 16, 2011 - 09:46 PM

there is no way the lakers trade gasol or bynum or even odom for any type of draft pick plus a mediocre player. its like playing the lottery, you maybe get lucky and things work out, but probably not. The only way I would deal these players is if we got someone back who was already a proven player like howard or love.

I still believe the Lakers are going to swing a deal and get Love the 2nd pick plus players. Love can walk away next year and I believe he will leave unless they trade him.

#14 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:52 AM

Idk, I do recall the Lakers once trading a proven starter (Divac) for a draft pick (Kobe) and it working out pretty well for them lol. All I'm saying Is that if the T-wolves are stupid enough to trade K Love and the #2 pick for Gasol then we gotta make that trade, but I doubt they are. Now if they get Pau and Harden, they'd do it ASAP. I don't wanna give up Pau either but trading Pau or Odom is the only way were gonna get a good PG. Gasols the better player of the two, so he brings in the better package. A package of Ibaka, Beasley, and the #2 pick doesn't sound like much but it gives the lakers the option to make further trades down the line. Ibaka is an athletic freak, and at only 21 he's only gonna get better. As for the #2 pick, if we draft the best available player (most likely Derrick Williams) we could always trade him, Steve Blake and Odom or Beasley for a PG down the line. Let's say that Jersey or New Orleans are told by their respected superstars that there not signing extensions, they'd have to trade them or lose them for nothing. If were able to get either D Will or CP3, you know Howards going to want to play for the lakers too, and a straight up swap for Bynum would accomplish that.. A lineup of D Will or CP3/Kobe/Artest/Ibaka/Dwight Howard would be filthy and damn near unbeatable.

#15 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 18, 2011 - 08:50 AM

Idk, I do recall the Lakers once trading a proven starter (Divac) for a draft pick (Kobe) and it working out pretty well for them lol. All I'm saying Is that if the T-wolves are stupid enough to trade K Love and the #2 pick for Gasol then we gotta make that trade, but I doubt they are. Now if they get Pau and Harden, they'd do it ASAP. I don't wanna give up Pau either but trading Pau or Odom is the only way were gonna get a good PG. Gasols the better player of the two, so he brings in the better package. A package of Ibaka, Beasley, and the #2 pick doesn't sound like much but it gives the lakers the option to make further trades down the line. Ibaka is an athletic freak, and at only 21 he's only gonna get better. As for the #2 pick, if we draft the best available player (most likely Derrick Williams) we could always trade him, Steve Blake and Odom or Beasley for a PG down the line. Let's say that Jersey or New Orleans are told by their respected superstars that there not signing extensions, they'd have to trade them or lose them for nothing. If were able to get either D Will or CP3, you know Howards going to want to play for the lakers too, and a straight up swap for Bynum would accomplish that.. A lineup of D Will or CP3/Kobe/Artest/Ibaka/Dwight Howard would be filthy and damn near unbeatable.

I like the Gasol trade for K Love 2nd pick and players etc,, I prefer the Lakers get CP3 and keep Bynum, this would guarantee Howard in a Lakers jersey

#16 redman

redman

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Name:Redman
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 18, 2011 - 10:41 PM

Saw a similar trade involving the same three teams, I just revised it a bit.

Lakers get:
Serge Ibaka
2nd Pick
Michael Beasley
Flynn

We lose an all-pro talent but get younger, more athletic, and much needed flexibility. Ibaka starts and gives us better defense at the 4 while allowing Bynum to move up as our 2nd scoring option (which should put a huge smile on his and Jimmy Buss' face). With Flynn starting, Fisher provides much needed leadership on the bench, which also includes Shannon Brown, Barnes, Beasley, Odom, and the 2nd pick.

Minny gets:
Pau Gasol
J Harden
Ebanks

Lose their most popular player but get a 2nd team all-NBA player in Pau (not to mention a good buddy to Rubio) and a great talent in Harden. Harden really impressed alot of people in this years playoffs and has the potential to be an all star in the mold of a Joe Johnson. Ebanks is a throw-in who could actually turn out to be a better player than both Wesley Johnson and Flynn, who have lower cielings. Minny with a Rubio-Harden-Martell Webster-Gasol-Milicic starting five isnt going to be a playoff team but should give them a better squad than what they started with.

Thunder get:
Kevin Love
Wesley Johnson
Caracter

Thunder lose potential and athleticism but gain rebounding and scoring, which are two things that killed them in the playoffs. The good thing about Love is that even though he's a great rebounder, he doesn't need to play around the basket to be effective, which frees up space for Westbrook and Durant to work. A line up of Westbrook, Sefolosha, Durant, Love, and Perk would be downright scary.Wesley Johnson isn't the same player as Harden, but hes a good player who could help them off the bench. Caracter could be a Big Baby-type force off the bench if he ever gets his mind right.

I know people are going to kill this trade (especially the Gasol-lovers) but I think it improves all teams involved. I personally love this trade because it gives the Lakers the flexibility to make more trades in the future. First it makes Bynum the 2nd scoring option, which improves his stock and could eventually land us Dwight Howard. Lets say that Orlando struggles in the East while Bynum gets off to a hot start with averages of 20 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 plus blocks a game (which I think are actually low estimates). With a disgruntled Dwight already packing his bags, the Magic do the only thing they could do and trade him for the 2nd best center in the league straight up. With Ibaka and D Howard prowling the middle and blocking everything in sight, guards would be crazy to enter the paint (Jose Barea... get that weak stuff outta here!). The second reason I love this trade is we can either use the 2nd pick on a PG such as Brandon Knight or Kemba Walker, or trade it in a package for another PG. Maybe the 2nd pick, Odom, and Blake could get us CP3 or D Will, who knows...

GREAT trade for the thunder. And Harden exploded in the playoffs, so great trade for Minny also. Lakers really lose out though because this is more of a rebuilding kind of trade. Flynn hasn't done anything and has had all the time and space to do so, with Rubio having been in spain.
If Beasley wasnt such a big headache, Miami probably would have kept him over haslem. (they have similar contract)
The whole reason the thunder lost because of their big's inability to score. Ibaka didnt have to share the ball downlow because Perkins is a offensive liability, so it's concerning he wasnt able to put points on the board. Great defender and rebounder tho...
This is basically Pau for the number 2....only way the Lakers should trade Pau is for Love, NOT for an athletic prospect like Williams (Where would he fit? nobody wants Ron/Luke)

#17 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 12:24 AM

GREAT trade for the thunder. And Harden exploded in the playoffs, so great trade for Minny also. Lakers really lose out though because this is more of a rebuilding kind of trade. Flynn hasn't done anything and has had all the time and space to do so, with Rubio having been in spain.
If Beasley wasnt such a big headache, Miami probably would have kept him over haslem. (they have similar contract)
The whole reason the thunder lost because of their big's inability to score. Ibaka didnt have to share the ball downlow because Perkins is a offensive liability, so it's concerning he wasnt able to put points on the board. Great defender and rebounder tho...
This is basically Pau for the number 2....only way the Lakers should trade Pau is for Love, NOT for an athletic prospect like Williams (Where would he fit? nobody wants Ron/Luke)

If the Lakers cant get love or CP3 I would do this trade, Beasley is a proven scorer, Ibaka has been recently developing his offense and he can defend and rebound Flynn can be a back up if we trade Odom, Players and Picks for a top tier point guard. What I consider Top Tier point guards are CP3,D Williams, Ellis, if none of these work we can get Felton and Galinari from the nuggets

#18 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,557 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 03:48 AM

If the Lakers cant get love or CP3 I would do this trade, Beasley is a proven scorer, Ibaka has been recently developing his offense and he can defend and rebound Flynn can be a back up if we trade Odom, Players and Picks for a top tier point guard. What I consider Top Tier point guards are CP3,D Williams, Ellis, if none of these work we can get Felton and Galinari from the nuggets

Seriously, Ellis in the same sentence as CP3 and D-Williams??

What have you been drinking?

If he is so good, why is Golden state trying to get rid of him??

#19 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 19, 2011 - 09:11 AM

Seriously, Ellis in the same sentence as CP3 and D-Williams??

What have you been drinking?

If he is so good, why is Golden state trying to get rid of him??

Just because a team is trying to trade someone doesn't mean he not that good. Memphis traded Gasol he was that good. Lets look at the facts Ellis is a proven scorer he averaged over 24 pts a game and would have probably averaged more assist if he had better players around him. Ellis averaged I believe 2 steals a game. In actuality Ellis played point guard in high school before being drafted by the warriors. They had Davis and Fisher then who were both in their prime so he warmed the bench. When they both got hurt Ellis came in and did quite well for them. The next year they shipped out Richardson and move Ellis to the 2! Why because they knew Ellis could flat out score. Why they would want to trade him I can only speculate It could be maturity issues or they want to run Curry at the point and trade Ellis for some bigs. He is no CP3 or D Williams, but he is better than Felton in my opinion, I rated them according to their availability.

#20 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 11:59 PM

Just because a team is trying to trade someone doesn't mean he not that good. Memphis traded Gasol he was that good. Lets look at the facts Ellis is a proven scorer he averaged over 24 pts a game and would have probably averaged more assist if he had better players around him. Ellis averaged I believe 2 steals a game. In actuality Ellis played point guard in high school before being drafted by the warriors. They had Davis and Fisher then who were both in their prime so he warmed the bench. When they both got hurt Ellis came in and did quite well for them. The next year they shipped out Richardson and move Ellis to the 2! Why because they knew Ellis could flat out score. Why they would want to trade him I can only speculate It could be maturity issues or they want to run Curry at the point and trade Ellis for some bigs. He is no CP3 or D Williams, but he is better than Felton in my opinion, I rated them according to their availability.

Ellis could be a ball hog at times, but one thing that I've always liked about him is that he's fearless and loves to attack the paint. If we could somehow get him and Golden State's pick (the 11th pick) for Odom, the 2nd pick, and maybe Blake why wouldn't you do it. A lineup of Ellis-Kobe-Artest-Ibaka-Howard would be tough to score on. With Ibaka and Howard watching their backs and covering their mistakes, Ellis and Kobe could play the passing lanes and would rack up steals. A bench of Fish/Brown/Barnes/Beasley/FA Center wouldn't be great, but it would definitely be better than average. Plus with the 11th pick we could get a knockdown shooter, maybe Jimmer or Mychael Thompson's kid Klay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users