#1 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 12, 2011 - 02:27 PM

I just read a few minutes ago that the Lakers are offering Pau for the 2nd pick, who should the Lakers draft with it and should they still try to get Ellis from the warriors

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,799 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted June 12, 2011 - 02:37 PM

SOURCE?

#3 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 12, 2011 - 02:44 PM

Yeah right.

We'd take Kevin Love over some #2 overall pick in a weak draft class.

#4 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 02:52 PM

SOURCE?

Gather sports

#5 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:00 PM

Yeah right.

We'd take Kevin Love over some #2 overall pick in a weak draft class.

I believe the Lakers are trying to get Love and the second pick because he can leave next year like Bron did.

#6 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:04 PM

I believe the Lakers are trying to get Love and the second pick because he can leave next year like Bron did.

I wonder if the Lakes can pull off that steal, getting love and the pick would be nice or just love by himself.

#7 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:16 PM

I wonder if the Lakes can pull off that steal, getting love and the pick would be nice or just love by himself.

If they do what do you think about using the pick on Enes Kantor, You know Pau Gasol at 19 played for FC Barcelona and averaged 12.4 points and 5.8 rebounds per game in the Spanish ACB league. I believe Kantor has the potential to average more than that in both categories. The Lakers will for sure get Flynn and they still can trade odom and some bench players for Ellis and wright.

#8 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,181 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:18 PM

Um no link..or source..

#9 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:19 PM

If its Love + 2nd round pick I'm good but doubt thats happening.

#10 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:22 PM

The latest rumor has the LA Lakers dealing Pau Gasol and his hefty contract to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a couple of players and the number two overall pick in the draft. Gasol has fallen out of favor in LA after his dismal showing in the playoffs this year and a change of scenery might be best for both parties. This makes sense in that Minnesota needs a veteran to add some leadership to a very young team and the Lakers desperately need to add some youth to an aging squad.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979438447

I don't think this is a very reliable source. If this was a real trade rumor it would have blown up and would have been bigger news than the NBA finals. Doubt it really falls though.

And no, it doesn't say anything about getting Kevin Love. Why would the Wolves trade their most improved player, someone who is bound to atleast be an all star in coming years? Don't think Pau will be moved unless Dwight is in the equation.

#11 redman

redman

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Name:Redman
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:28 PM

Would definitely do this is it's Pau for Love AND 2nd pick. Hopefully this gets done, because Love is going to bolt during FA.
With that pick, I'd take Irving if Cavs take williams at 1, or Knight. Not Kantor, because in this scenario we'd have love.
As for Ellis, I would definitely still trade him for Odom. Ellis is too big of a talent to pass up, and we arent desperate for a 35-40 min a game allstar PF (Pau or Love would start) which is what Odom is.
Also, a lot of the hesitation for an Ellis trade seems to be "Ellis needs the ball in his hands" ...Ellis would play PG, meaning he would have the ball in his hands the vast majority of the game. Kobe would defer because he isn't ready to pass up the opportunity for a championship. under Brown, Lakers won't probably run the Triangle, meaning Ellis as PG would have a ton of freedom. ONLY hesitation would be his maturity which would hopefully be controlled like Artest's was. This is a no brainer, considering Pau and Bynum need to play 30-40 mins a game making Odom an underused and aging player...

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:40 PM

you know what I think...

Edited by Windu, June 12, 2011 - 03:40 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Would definitely do this is it's Pau for Love AND 2nd pick. Hopefully this gets done, because Love is going to bolt during FA.
With that pick, I'd take Irving if Cavs take williams at 1, or Knight. Not Kantor, because in this scenario we'd have love.
As for Ellis, I would definitely still trade him for Odom. Ellis is too big of a talent to pass up, and we arent desperate for a 35-40 min a game allstar PF (Pau or Love would start) which is what Odom is.
Also, a lot of the hesitation for an Ellis trade seems to be "Ellis needs the ball in his hands" ...Ellis would play PG, meaning he would have the ball in his hands the vast majority of the game. Kobe would defer because he isn't ready to pass up the opportunity for a championship. under Brown, Lakers won't probably run the Triangle, meaning Ellis as PG would have a ton of freedom. ONLY hesitation would be his maturity which would hopefully be controlled like Artest's was. This is a no brainer, considering Pau and Bynum need to play 30-40 mins a game making Odom an underused and aging player...

I want them to get Ellis and if they picked Knight or Irving that would be ok too, you cant go wrong if you get a great point guard. I believe Kantor has the potential to be better than gasol. at 19 he is twice as fast as gasol was at the same age and has better moves than he did.Look at the video of Kantor in the USA vs The world game on youtube. Kantor is now 6 ft11

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 04:50 PM

Lakers only trade Pau for the #2 pick if they get Love as well.

It's that simple.

Not sure how reliable this source is as I have never heard of it until now.

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 04:59 PM

Looking at that site, looks like just a blogger who twisted the report that the Wolves were shopping the #2 pick in the hopes of getting a player like Pau Gasol.

Move along. Nothing to see here. :laughing:

#16 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 05:28 PM

Lakers only trade Pau for the #2 pick if they get Love as well.

It's that simple.

Not sure how reliable this source is as I have never heard of it until now.

I like Pau but I'm also a realist. The Lakers need young athletic players {point guards etc} The lakers need to pull the trigger on the Ellis trade if they can, The Lakers need to trade Pau while his value is still high. Next year Pau will be 32, no matter how good he plays they wont be able to get the same value then as they can right now. I'm sure the Lakers would be asking for K love the 2nd pick and players. I believe management will trade Pau or Odom or both for the right Players.

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 05:39 PM

I like Pau but I'm also a realist. The Lakers need young athletic players {point guards etc} The lakers need to pull the trigger on the Ellis trade if they can, The Lakers need to trade Pau while his value is still high. Next year Pau will be 32, no matter how good he plays they wont be able to get the same value then as they can right now. I'm sure the Lakers would be asking for K love the 2nd pick and players. I believe management will trade Pau or Odom or both for the right Players.

I believe that management will trade Pau or Odom, if the right trade trade comes along.

It can't be for prospects. It has to be for players that will make an impact now. Kobe Bryant isn't getting any younger so he will not be happy with trades that have "rebuilding" written all over it.

#18 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 12, 2011 - 05:43 PM

pau for ellis

just sayin'

Pau Gasol is GONE

#19 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:17 PM

I believe that management will trade Pau or Odom, if the right trade trade comes along.

It can't be for prospects. It has to be for players that will make an impact now. Kobe Bryant isn't getting any younger so he will not be happy with trades that have "rebuilding" written all over it.

I love Kobe he is my favorite player period, this is not about what makes Kobe happy its about whats best for the Lakers, Without an infusion of young athletic players, outside shooters who can spread the floor and a quality point guard the Lakers will not win another championship. Pau and Odom are their best chance of acquiring these assets. Lets say the Lakers acquire Ellis,I believe they would want Wright as well. Bynum,Kobe and Ellis would be a nightmare for any team in the NBA except Dallas, Bynum,Kobe,Ellis and some knock down outside shooters would be a nightmare for the entire league including Dallas. I believe the Lakers priority would be to get Ellis. With a core of Bynum,Kobe and Ellis you can take a chance on good prospects and drastically improving your bench. I believe the Lakers would find a way to get K Love because next year he will probably leave mini anyway and everyone has seem to have learned from the Cavs mistake.

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 12, 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#20 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 13, 2011 - 09:08 AM

LOL...right. Hopefully you like getting bounced in the first round

pau for ellis

just sayin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users