#1 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 12, 2011 - 11:43 AM

The Lakers should trade Pau or Odom{ not both together} and any of their bench players mini is willing to take and if possible Artest for the 2nd pic,Beasley,Flynn,Webster, Randolph and others, Then use the pick on Enes Kantor a 6 ft 10 19 year old still growing with a NBA body,great offensive skills set. I have seen him play he has already play prof ball in Europe and at 19 has the development of a 3rd year NBA Player! He has a nice jump shot, can drive to the hoop and play with his back to the basket, good spin moves and can rebound . He will only get better he has a tremendous upside! This trade gives us much needed youth and athleticism yet still gives us the ability to trade for Ellis/Wright and even Howard if he wants to leave Orlando. A starting line up of Bynum or Howard,Kantor,Kobe and Ellis is still formidable. If we cant get Ellis we still have an upgrade at point guard with Flynn! A line up with Bynum or Howard,Kantor,Odom,Kobe and Flynn is also Formidable!Our lineup would be:

Center: Bynum or Howard
PF: Pau or Odom/Kantor/ Beasley/Randolph/Eubanks
SF: Barnes/Johnson/Wright
SG: Kobe/Brown
PG: Ellis/Flynn/ Fisher

This would be a definite championship caliper squad with the right infusion of youth and athleticism. A bench with Kantor,Wright, Eubanks,Brown,Webster,Flynn is a upgrade over what we had last year. We will probably be stuck with Walton and or maybe Artest. Kantor can play back up center as well.

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 12, 2011 - 12:57 PM.

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted June 12, 2011 - 12:33 PM

If we use Pau to get Kanter, use Drew to get Howard, and use Odom to get Ellis...we would have to start Kanter, and those three (Drew, Gasol and Odom) wouldn't be in that depth chart, at all.

It's basically rebuilding, and hoping that Kanter actually pans out as a formidable starting PF/C in the league, or else we're in the same position as the current Magic team in the frontcourt.

Plus, we're going to have to give more than just Odom to get Ellis, and more than Drew to get Howard, which depletes our bench even more.

If we go big, we need to go big with one trade. Otherwise, we'll be gambling.

#3 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted June 12, 2011 - 12:38 PM

like RD said.. Betting on a 19 y/o Kantor would be too risky for a franchise like the Lakers.

#4 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 12:44 PM

If we use Pau to get Kanter, use Drew to get Howard, and use Odom to get Ellis...we would have to start Kanter, and those three (Drew, Gasol and Odom) wouldn't be in that depth chart, at all.

It's basically rebuilding, and hoping that Kanter actually pans out as a formidable starting PF/C in the league, or else we're in the same position as the current Magic team in the frontcourt.

Plus, we're going to have to give more than just Odom to get Ellis, and more than Drew to get Howard, which depletes our bench even more.

If we go big, we need to go big with one trade. Otherwise, we'll be gambling.

True we would have to start Kantor. Drew or Howard,Kantor,Ellis and Kobe would be formidable Plus the Lakers will have an athletic bench. If they use their trade ex from sasha to get another 3 point shooter we would be in great shape. Wright is a good 3 point shooter. I believe Kantor can start for the lakers unless we still have Pau

#5 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 12:56 PM

like RD said.. Betting on a 19 y/o Kantor would be too risky for a franchise like the Lakers.

Your right it is a risk but Kantor can flat out play! Plus your getting a point guard and Beasley might flourish under Kobe's wing I left Beasley out by mistake when I posted the line ups. Beasley can score he just has other issues that I believe the Lakers can correct. Im going to fix my original post

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 12:57 PM

I actually wasn't going to get into this yet (because I'm wanting to write a draft article), but I'll go ahead and talk about Kanter's game.

In recent evaluations and workouts, they have talked about his lack of defensive skills and offensive awareness, IQ and skills. Specifically, on defense, he doesn't bend his knees in the paint, is caught multiple times with his hands down at his sides, and he rarely boxes out. Back on offense, he doesn't have the footwork Yao did when he came into the league, and most of his offense is produced by him just using his frame/size, which is a BAD thing.

The offensive woes, the way he actually gets his points...it reminds me of Kosta Koufos, who is a legitimate body down low, nothing to offer in the post but size.

Another problem is the fact that he didn't play any college ball, hasn't really played anywhere competitive, and these workouts aren't against top-notch NBA players he'll be seeing night in and night out.

If we were to get that #2 for Gasol, I would have to see Kevin Love included, which won't happen because the Wolves aren't that ignorant. From what I've seen of Kanter, and from all of the reports coming from his most recent workouts, he's a huge, huge risk...and people said the same exact thing about Kosta Koufos.

I think the thing most are impressed with would be his size, but even his wingspan comes up short when compared to other talent recently drafted that are his height. I'd say it's mostly the seven-foot aspect, and the fact that he's around 260...same as Koufos.

That worries the hell out of me. I believe we could do much better if we're dealing Gasol.

#7 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 01:22 PM

I actually wasn't going to get into this yet (because I'm wanting to write a draft article), but I'll go ahead and talk about Kanter's game.

In recent evaluations and workouts, they have talked about his lack of defensive skills and offensive awareness, IQ and skills. Specifically, on defense, he doesn't bend his knees in the paint, is caught multiple times with his hands down at his sides, and he rarely boxes out. Back on offense, he doesn't have the footwork Yao did when he came into the league, and most of his offense is produced by him just using his frame/size, which is a BAD thing.

The offensive woes, the way he actually gets his points...it reminds me of Kosta Koufos, who is a legitimate body down low, nothing to offer in the post but size.

Another problem is the fact that he didn't play any college ball, hasn't really played anywhere competitive, and these workouts aren't against top-notch NBA players he'll be seeing night in and night out.

If we were to get that #2 for Gasol, I would have to see Kevin Love included, which won't happen because the Wolves aren't that ignorant. From what I've seen of Kanter, and from all of the reports coming from his most recent workouts, he's a huge, huge risk...and people said the same exact thing about Kosta Koufos.

I think the thing most are impressed with would be his size, but even his wingspan comes up short when compared to other talent recently drafted that are his height. I'd say it's mostly the seven-foot aspect, and the fact that he's around 260...same as Koufos.

That worries the hell out of me. I believe we could do much better if we're dealing Gasol.

RD I would love to see K love in the trade as well, I believe this kid{Kantor} would excel in the Lakers organization. Bynum had no footwork until Kareem taught him. I believe the Lakers can and would correct his flaws. At 19 I believe this kid is worth the risk. Any time you draft it a risk look at how many draft pick that were suppose to be great turned out to be busts, Greg Oden, Adam Morrison, Robert tractor Traylor, Jonathan Bender all of which played college ball and turned out to be busts and Darko. Your not only getting Kantor but much needed youth. I like Derrick Williams I think he is and undersize Power forward.

#8 redman

redman

Rookie

• 15 posts
  • Name:Redman
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:08 PM

The Lakers should trade Pau or Odom{ not both together} and any of their bench players mini is willing to take and if possible Artest for the 2nd pic,Beasley,Flynn,Webster, Randolph and others, Then use the pick on Enes Kantor a 6 ft 10 19 year old still growing with a NBA body,great offensive skills set. I have seen him play he has already play prof ball in Europe and at 19 has the development of a 3rd year NBA Player! He has a nice jump shot, can drive to the hoop and play with his back to the basket, good spin moves and can rebound . He will only get better he has a tremendous upside! This trade gives us much needed youth and athleticism yet still gives us the ability to trade for Ellis/Wright and even Howard if he wants to leave Orlando. A starting line up of Bynum or Howard,Kantor,Kobe and Ellis is still formidable. If we cant get Ellis we still have an upgrade at point guard with Flynn! A line up with Bynum or Howard,Kantor,Odom,Kobe and Flynn is also Formidable!Our lineup would be:

I haven't heard of Flynn living up to anyone's expectations and Webster has too big contract to play 15 mins a game, which he would with Barnes/Ebanks on the roster. And I think that Miami wouldnt have let go of Beasly if they had thought he had the maturity to play behind big stars (Kobe, Ellis, Bynum). Beasly and Haslem have similar contracts...
So this trade is basically swapping Kantor for an already proven allstar PF. This is a desperate/rebuilding kind of trade that would seem like a good idea in 3 or 4 years. I agree that Kantor hasnt played with any competition and has huge potential to be a bust.

The only reason this team could afford to trade Odom for Ellis, is because Bynum and Pau would each play over 30mins each, making Odom expandable, in a sense. Pau represents half of this teams post game, along with bynum,which is the only edge they have against Miami, Chicago and Oklahoma.

Good idea, if you were to buy that Pau is no longer a top 5 bigman in this league, although I very much believe he still is.

#9 redman

redman

Rookie

• 15 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:15 PM

This would be a definite championship caliper squad with the right infusion of youth and athleticism. A bench with Kantor,Wright, Eubanks,Brown,Webster,Flynn is a upgrade over what we had last year. We will probably be stuck with Walton and or maybe Artest. Kantor can play back up center as well.

This is a good idea for those who believe Pau isnt a top 5 bigman anymore. He still is though.
Flynn hasnt lived up to expectations and its not like his growth has been stunted by having to share minutes with Rubio. Webster is to overpaid to play 15mins a game, which he would along side Ron/Luke/Ebanks/Barnes. Lakers would be paying 49 mill to Luke/Ron/Webster, over the next 3 years, and ideally wouldnt be playing because they arent as good as Barnes/Ebanks(potentially).
Kantor looks good but this trade is bascially Pau for Kantor, straight up. Given the potential bust Kantor could be, this trade cannot be made...

#10 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 03:35 PM

This is a good idea for those who believe Pau isnt a top 5 bigman anymore. He still is though.
Flynn hasnt lived up to expectations and its not like his growth has been stunted by having to share minutes with Rubio. Webster is to overpaid to play 15mins a game, which he would along side Ron/Luke/Ebanks/Barnes. Lakers would be paying 49 mill to Luke/Ron/Webster, over the next 3 years, and ideally wouldnt be playing because they arent as good as Barnes/Ebanks(potentially).
Kantor looks good but this trade is bascially Pau for Kantor, straight up. Given the potential bust Kantor could be, this trade cannot be made...

Pau is a top 5 bigman who will be 31 next month with a massive contract, Because Pau is a top 5 bigman we should be able to get some value for him. Beasley averaged 19.2 points per game for the twolves, 45 fg percentage, that better than anyone on the Lakers bench, Flynn is better than fish and Blake and is only 22 I believe, Webster is athletic and only 24 if we get K Love and Kantor, you know Pau Gasol in the spanish ACB league at 19 averaged 12.4 points and 5.8 rebounds and look how he turned out! I believe Kantor can manage more than that at 19 right now!

#11 redman

redman

Rookie

• 15 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 04:05 PM

Pau is a top 5 bigman who will be 31 next month with a massive contract, Because Pau is a top 5 bigman we should be able to get some value for him. Beasley averaged 19.2 points per game for the twolves, 45 fg percentage, that better than anyone on the Lakers bench, Flynn is better than fish and Blake and is only 22 I believe, Webster is athletic and only 24 if we get K Love and Kantor, you know Pau Gasol in the spanish ACB league at 19 averaged 12.4 points and 5.8 rebounds and look how he turned out! I believe Kantor can manage more than that at 19 right now!

With Beasley/Kantor instead of Pau, Lakers wont win a championship anytime soon (ellis trade excluded). If Lakers trade away their best offensive player, even though hes 31, in a trade that doesn't include Kevin Love, it will be considered REBUILDING. If Lakers are going to start rebuilding, Beasley is definitely NOTthe player they want to build around.

#12 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 04:42 PM

With Beasley/Kantor instead of Pau, Lakers wont win a championship anytime soon (ellis trade excluded). If Lakers trade away their best offensive player, even though hes 31, in a trade that doesn't include Kevin Love, it will be considered REBUILDING. If Lakers are going to start rebuilding, Beasley is definitely NOTthe player they want to build around.

I don't believe the Lakers are looking at it as they would be building around Beasley,The Lakers are looking at an infusion of youth and and improved bench. I believe the warriors will trade Ellis for Odom because he is so versatile and is a better fit than Andre. Odom fits better into their plans than Andre Ig. Have you seen Kantor play? I dont think you should hold him not playing college ball against him, some of the best players in the league never played a day of college ball, Kobe,Garnett,Lebron, etc

Edited by Mr.know.it.all, June 12, 2011 - 04:47 PM.

#13 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted June 12, 2011 - 05:59 PM

kantor has bust written all over him
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

#14 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,372 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:12 PM

kantor has bust written all over him

learn to spell it's Kanter

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#15 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 12, 2011 - 06:30 PM

learn to spell it's Kanter

Have youve seen him play?

#16 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,649 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 12, 2011 - 09:53 PM

Unless you can get CP3 or Howard, Pau Gasol is a keeper. This season was a fluke, everybody played worse than expected, except for, well Fish and Artest (both played considerably better than they did in the regular season). Pau and Odom were exceptionally bad, but it must have been a fluke. They probably hit the mental wall after four straight years of playing elite bball.

I also believe a trade is necessary, but no way in hell with Pau involved. He is simply too good.

As for trading with Minnesota, i'm not sure about what Kantor can provide I mean, best case he may be a 15-and-8 guy, who plays a average defense. Pau is a unique talent, top 5 big man in the league, who can play the 4 and the 5, while being a great passer. These guys don't come around too often, and we should hold on to him, unless a blockbuster trade emerges. (Maybe we can ship him to Atlanta for Hinrich and Josh Smith?).

#17 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 2,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 13, 2011 - 09:09 AM

Would it be more risky than betting on a 22 year old than is injured every single season, just checking?

#18 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 09:58 AM

Would it be more risky than betting on a 22 year old than is injured every single season, just checking?

Lets be realist here, the Lakers must get more athletic, obtain some outside shooters, get a young quick point guard and improve their bench otherwise they wont see another championship for a long time. They have to make trades and I believe their going to make trades
that why they hired Mike Brown to teach these young guys defense. Bynum ,Odom Kobe and Pau know how to play defense so why hire a defensive minded coach.. unless your going to make trades and get younger! The Lakers will make trades they have no choice otherwise Kobe will never get his 6th ring. The Only Players they have worth trading are Bynum,Pau and Odom. The Lakers would only trade Bynum for Howard and he already knows how to play defense so that leaves Pau and Odom.

#19 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 11:26 AM

Actually, yes, because Kanter has yet to play at a competitive level and has displayed a lot of weaknesses in workouts so far. Not sure where you're going with that.

#20 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts

Posted June 13, 2011 - 11:58 AM

Actually, yes, because Kanter has yet to play at a competitive level and has displayed a lot of weaknesses in workouts so far. Not sure where you're going with that.

I seen him play, he seem to have the total package offensively, I'm curious who has worked him out and claimed he displayed a lot of weakness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users