#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 07, 2011 - 11:27 PM

Hmm, what's the excuse for Game 4? Bad on the stat-sheet, almost invisible offensively, and seemingly everyone he guarded on defense had a great night.

#3 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,806 posts

Posted June 07, 2011 - 11:51 PM

he actually handled that question pretty good imo

13z8pc6.jpg

#4 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted June 08, 2011 - 12:59 AM

What did he do defensively? This guy is so overrated on this end, its ridiculous.

Edited by JRG_24, June 08, 2011 - 01:00 AM.

#5 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 08:17 AM

That was a great response to the reporters question.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#6 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 08:21 AM

Thats funny because he shrank the next game lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,383 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 08:35 AM

He handled the question well, but I have more respect for players that take responsibility for their game on both sides of the floor. It can't be "I had a bad game offensively, but look at me on the defensive end" or "I had a bad game defensively, but look at my offensive production".

This is not hating on Lebron by any means, but he cannot handle criticism from media members. It's that simple. Every time I watch a Lebron press conference, he feels the need to deflect any type of negativity.

Oh yeah one more thing, Wade and Lebron need to stop doing this duo interview crap. They are both big boys, they don't need to hold each others hands 24/7.

#8 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 10:00 AM

He handled the question well, but I have more respect for players that take responsibility for their game on both sides of the floor. It can't be "I had a bad game offensively, but look at me on the defensive end" or "I had a bad game defensively, but look at my offensive production".

This is not hating on Lebron by any means, but he cannot handle criticism from media members. It's that simple. Every time I watch a Lebron press conference, he feels the need to deflect any type of negativity.

Oh yeah one more thing, Wade and Lebron need to stop doing this duo interview crap. They are both big boys, they don't need to hold each others hands 24/7.

That reporter was being totally smug. It was a really bad question. Lebron was fair with his comment. He did a great job defensively that game and quarter. It wasn't a fair criticism. Lebron has proven himself in the 4th quarter despite last game. During the Celtics and Bulls series he showed himself as a closer and the best player on the court.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,383 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 10:21 AM

That reporter was being totally smug. It was a really bad question. Lebron was fair with his comment. He did a great job defensively that game and quarter. It wasn't a fair criticism. Lebron has proven himself in the 4th quarter despite last game. During the Celtics and Bulls series he showed himself as a closer and the best player on the court.

The point of the question wasn't bad, it was the delivery of the question that made it worse than it actually was.

Had the reporter just said "In the first three games, you haven't done much in the fourth quarter. What's the reason for that?" Then the question becomes a legitimate question.

The reporters delivery was bad because it sounded like he wanted to piss off Lebron more than anything.

Like I said, Lebron handled the question well. But instead of just jumping to what he did defensively, he can easily have said that he hasn't been able to get it going in the fourth or that he is not worried about his fourth quarter performances because he has confidence in himself, as does his teammates to get it done when it matters.

#10 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted June 08, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Great job defensively? Marion shot 7/12! Ohp but he had 2 steals. Phenomenal job defensively! If Kobe was torn a new one like that, nobody would say he did a great job defensively.

As far as the clutchness goes, at best he's shown that he's been clutch for 1 postseason in his 7 year career? Yet when he FINALLY reaches the NBA Finals again, he shrinks into his usual self.

Where's Skip Bayless?. :laughing:

#11 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 08, 2011 - 11:26 AM

Where's Skip Bayless?. :laughing:

Posted Image

#12 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted June 08, 2011 - 11:48 PM

They got the win, so regardless of his crap in Game 3, it was enough to win. Game 4 is a different story.

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,383 posts

Posted June 09, 2011 - 08:28 AM

They got the win, so regardless of his crap in Game 3, it was enough to win. Game 4 is a different story.

And that's another point that Lebron could make in his post-game conference too. He can say offensively he wasn't able to get it going, but his teammates picked him up and they were able to get a win.

#14 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,683 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 09, 2011 - 08:49 AM

He didn't do much defensively TBH. he seemed a bit embarrassed right after he gave the answer, almost like he regretted saying it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users