#1 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 06, 2011 - 01:46 PM

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6630528

ROME, N.Y. -- In his first precious moments as a free man again, Plaxico Burress embraced his wife and cradled his two young kids after being released from prison for serving nearly two years on a gun charge.

In the kind of heartfelt emotion that can only come from being away from family for so long, Burress soaked up the reunion with his loved ones. He looked like a giddy kid, even finding a few touching minutes to play with his two dogs.

AP Photo/Heather Ainsworth
Plaxico Burress told reporters: "As far as football is concerned, if and when everything gets settled, when they get back on the field, I'll be ready."
"I just want to thank God for bringing me through one of the most trying times in my life," said Burress, who wore an old-school Philadelphia Phillies cap, a black zip-up hoodie and shorts. "It's a beautiful day. It's a beautiful day to be reunited with my family. I want to go home and spend some quality time with them.

"I'd like to thank everybody for their prayers and words of encouragement," Burress continued in his brief time with reporters outside the prison. "I'd like to thank all my fans all around the world for the thousands of letters, for their unwavering support. As far as football is concerned, if and when everything gets settled, when they get back on the field, I'll be ready."

Posted Image

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2011 - 03:49 PM

I'd like to see the Bucs make a run at him. Not likely though.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,622 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 06, 2011 - 05:44 PM

People have been congratulating this guy like he just won the MVP. Give me a break.

#4 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,066 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 06, 2011 - 06:17 PM

he just got out of prison...I'd say thats reason enough to celebrate.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#5 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,439 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:50 PM

Hope he does well with his second chance. Was one of my fav receivers to watch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users