Three Way Trade (Bulls-Nets-Lakers)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 source24

source24

Self Proclaimed Genius

• 450 posts
  • Name:Call me Smurf.
  • Fan Since:I saw Kobe's Windmill dunk back in 1997.
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2011 - 01:51 AM

Posted Image

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3h66c2w

THIS IS ONLY A TRADE IDEA, NOT AN ARTICLE REPORTING THE TRADE OR A RUMOR.

Hey Guys, I found an interesting Bleacher Report Article on a possible trade, what do you guys think?

Link to Article: Bulls Lakers Nets Trade

A three way trade between the Bulls, Nets, and Lakers. It has been reported that the Bulls are looking to trade Boozer, and this may be an opportunity for us to snag a shooter and some speed and familiarity.

Let's go over who each team gets and why they would do it. (Click on players names to see their stats)

1. Lakers:

Who The Lakers Get: Kyle Korver and Jordan Farmar
Who The Lakers Give up: Steve Blake and part of Sasha's trade exception.

Why the Lakers should do this: The reason we are in this trade is really just to make the salaries work out on both sides, but the Lakers can really get some needed assets if they play this trade right. The Lakers need two things, some athleticism, and outside shooting, and this gives them that. We get Korver, who puts in 8 points a game and is a great long range shooter to come on to the Lakers. He helps us spread the floor and after being under the Bulls defensive system, he is a pretty good defensive player that can help out our bench defensively as well.

The other player they get is Jordan Farmar, a player who many fans actually miss after we traded him. What we get by bringing him back is someone who is familiar with the Lakers, and helps our chemistry while we also get a player who can run around and chase players and even move around on offense. If anyone has been paying attention to him in New Jersey, he hasn't been jacking up as many stupid jumpshots and has calmed down in terms of turnovers. He is averaging 10 points and 5 assists over there and would be a welcome addition to the team even though his numbers are bound to go down.

The Lakers lose Steve Blake, a player who never really found his place on this team running the Triangle and playing with players like Kobe, Odom, Pau, and Bynum who all made him more passive offensively. In going to Chicago and becoming a backup there, he fits the mold of the backup that they need. A gritty Veteran PG who can come off the bench and give Rose a rest. In Chicago they will want him to look for his shot in their spread out offensive scheme, and his defense, that we saw signs of here in LA will be able to bloom under the Bulls intense team defense system.

We lose a part of the Trade exception from Sasha's contract, but we get some dire assets that we need. This trade is great for us because it really allows us room to move to a better offensive system, especially off the bench, our greatest liability. Plus it should help some big chemistry issues we may have.

2. Bulls:

Who the Bulls Get: Travis Outlaw, Brook Lopez, Steve Blake, Stephen Graham

Who the Bulls Give up: Kyle Korver,. John Lucas, and Carlos Boozer

Why the Bulls should do this: The Bulls have reportedly been looking to trade Carlos Boozer, for someone with more speed and scoring punch than Carlos. With Brook Lopez, they get a player who is going to give you 20 a night, and although he pulls down less rebounds, the Bulls have Noah for that purpose. What this does to the Bulls is it really gives them a young core that can develop together, and the Roze/Lopez Combo can be great with Lopez and his ability to get up compared to Boozer. The Bulls also get Travis Outlaw who makes up for losing Korver and puts in 10 points a night along with Blake, a backup to Rose, and a scrub to make the salary work.

In Blake and Outlaw they get two players who help the team develop offensively off the bench. Blake is much like Korver and should hit some threes and hand out assists, but the real gem in this trade is Outlaw, who has shown sparks of being a great scorer. Something a la Ben Gordon or Salmons who can score 16 points a game and help Rose out coming off the bench or even possibly starting next year.

Again, the biggest thing about this trade is the infusion of Youth the Bulls get. Lopez and Outlaw are two great Young players, and with Rose, Gibson, Asik and Noah, and vet Leaders in Deng and Kurt Thomas if they keep him the Bulls become a scary team that can run the floor, spread it, and play defense. Losing Boozer isn't that bad seeing how he didn't fit in well with the system, he is basically an expensive rebounder.

3. Nets:

Who they Get: Carlos Boozer, Devin Ebanks, John Lucas

Who they Give up: Jordan Farmar, Travis Outlaw, Brook Lopez, and Stephen Graham

Why the Nets should do this: The Nets are the linchpin of this trade. Statistically speaking, they may not get much in this trade. But the biggest thing that they need to do at this point is get people into the seats and create some excitement for the move to Brooklyn. In Brook Lopez they have a star, but he is still rough, and the Deron and Lopez dynamic never seemed to fully develop into what people thought it could have been. What the Nets get in this trade is the tried and true formula that the Utah Jazz had in reaching the playoffs year after year, in the Boozer and Deron Williams combo. There is great chemistry between the two and they know each other well. It is a proven formula to win, and that could put some people into the seats of an ailing Nets franchise that can't seem to make any moves despite having the money.

They lose some players who could be great in the system Outlaw and Farmar but they do also make some cap room to possibly land a free agent this summer to pick up players like Wilson Chandler, Ronnie Price (From the Jazz helping chemisty) and maybe someone like Tayshaun Prince. With these acquisitions after freeing up some room, the Nets can be a solid team built in the Utah Jazz mold. A team that could possibly make the playoffs in the weak bottomed Eastern Conference instead of a team like the Pacers. If the Nets can make some money and then wait until 2012 when they can bring in another decent Veteran Free Agent like Elton Brand, Vince Carter or even someone like Gerald Wallace, that could make the team an even more dangerous team. A starting five with Boozer, Williams, Wallace, and Wilson with a bench of Prince, Price, Brand/Carter, with Vujacic and other role players around them can easily be a playoff team as the Nets transition to the new arena.

Edited by source24, June 05, 2011 - 02:14 AM.

Posted Image

I piss excellence: check me out @source24 or http://source24.tumblr.com on Tumblr angelmaker666 on deviantart, or maybe even on Youtube.
Someday, I will have nothing to lose. I cannot wait.

#2 underworldmike

underworldmike

Rodmanator

• 1,492 posts
  • Name:Mike
  • Fan Since:Since i was born
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman and Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2011 - 02:02 AM

your source is bleacher report. its not valid man.
Posted Image

#3 source24

source24

Self Proclaimed Genius

• 450 posts
  • Name:Call me Smurf.
  • Fan Since:I saw Kobe's Windmill dunk back in 1997.

Posted June 05, 2011 - 02:13 AM

your source is bleacher report. its not valid man.

It is a trade idea, not an article per say. But it brings up good points and the numbers work. Besides, this is more of a place just to talk about the possibility.

Posted Image

I piss excellence: check me out @source24 or http://source24.tumblr.com on Tumblr angelmaker666 on deviantart, or maybe even on Youtube.
Someday, I will have nothing to lose. I cannot wait.

#4 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,577 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:07 AM

Kyle Korver is a big upgrade from Fish. I don't know about you guys, but I always thought Jordan Farmar was a great player. I think with the offense that Mike Brown is going to have, we need someone like Jordan who can run and be athletic at the same time. But, I doubt he'll be happy coming back again to the Lakers.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,013 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 05, 2011 - 06:42 AM

Jordan Farmar sucks

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted June 05, 2011 - 08:24 AM

Nets lose. Rather have Sasha than Korver
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,013 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 05, 2011 - 08:26 AM

Rather have Sasha than Korver

wow

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted June 05, 2011 - 09:15 AM

This is beyond enough from u

Posted Image

#9 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2011 - 09:39 AM

This is beyond enough from u

Korver is a good regular season shooter. He plays no D, and is bad in big games. He does take and not make many big shots though :)

#10 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted June 05, 2011 - 09:52 AM

Korver is a good regular season shooter. He plays no D, and is bad in big games. He does take and not make many big shots though :)

Sasha plays no D either. Ive seen Korver hit clutch shots in the playoffs so I dont kno what ur talking about.

Posted Image

#11 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,004 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 10:51 AM

Wake me up when Sasha gets as good as this

Edited by Instigator, June 05, 2011 - 10:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users