39 replies to this topic

#21 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted June 05, 2011 - 05:51 AM

Get well dood, you're a tough dude, you'll get through it like Kobe through double teams. :81:

And congratz L.A.K.E.R. :rock:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#22 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 05, 2011 - 06:02 PM

And congratz L.A.K.E.R. :rock:

Thanks man :glasses:

#23 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:57 PM

take care, RD.

#24 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 08, 2011 - 10:54 AM

Dang I can't believe I totally missed this thread. Never saw it. Wish you the best RD, good luck with everything man.

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 08, 2011 - 11:02 AM

Had to get back on staff so I could update a few things with the board (the PTM sidebar section, add a forum for the ATL, etc). Still won't be fully active for a while, but I'll do my best to post every now and then. The site looks to be doing great, and I'm sure the trade rumors will trigger even more activity as we dive into the offseason.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

#26 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,873 posts

Posted June 08, 2011 - 09:13 PM

Damn.. good luck with everything bro..

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#27 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,303 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted June 09, 2011 - 06:54 AM

I just now saw this post.
RD get better man.
Ill be praying for you to make a well and full recovery bro.

#28 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,073 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted June 09, 2011 - 10:29 PM

^Me too, just saw this thread.

Best of luck to you Brandon, hope the health issues improve. Stay strong.

WC and LAKER will handle this just fine.

#29 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted June 17, 2011 - 11:04 AM

^ ditto. Brandon be well dude, i hope everything will turn out good.

and why LAKER as a mod? I'm a charismatic guy! I object! :laughing:

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 11:32 AM

I eat charisma for breakfast. And occasionally brunch.

#31 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 11:39 AM

I'm alright, not really sure what to think. I'm feeling good, but this kidney doctor keeps telling me my kidneys are at 40% function. He told me last week that I need to lay off the protein, asked if I eat a lot of red meat. Obvious answer is yes.

But he acts like he wants me to become a vegetarian, and for me, that's ridiculous.

In one test, my creatinine level was at 2.8, which is pretty bad, but a little after my convulsion (which is what landed me in the hospital, nothing to do with my kidneys, initially). I forgot the norm, but it should be under two, and in the other two tests, I'm not sure if it dropped as much as it should've.

Too many question to ask. A lot of things are still up in the air, and docs can't answer some of those questions (something I'll never understand, because they have ran many tests on me already).

When they first told me all of this, they made it sound like I was toast, that I was looking at dialysis soon, so my knee-jerking reaction was to get ready for the heat. Now I'm just sitting around, not really sure what's going on, with a nephrologist telling me I'm at 40%, that my diet has to change, blood pressure has to be lower, blood sugars have to be lower, etc. Doing my best, but it's just insane what they are asking me to do.

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 11:41 AM

I eat charisma for breakfast. And occasionally brunch.

Posted Image

#33 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 12:43 PM

dude, try being a vegan for a month because quite frankly you're body is failing you man. do whatever it takes to help your body heal itself. follow the damn doctor brandon. :laughing:

and LAKER, but i have 3.5k more posts than you! this is unfair

#34 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 01:43 PM

Haha, I'm trying. He actually came out and said it in a joking manner, although I'm sure he would want me to be...but he just kept telling me to cut back on a lot of things.

The biggest problem wouldn't be my appetite and craving meat, but more about me being a diabetic and needing to balance proteins and carbs. Being vegan AND diabetic is one of the most difficult lifestyles out there, relating to diets and such. Most of what vegans eat wouldn't keep my blood sugars up, and with me needing to be active (which brings them down even more), it's next to impossible.

Just so much [expletive] going on right now...it's annoying. I'm waiting for a massive NBA trade to keep my mind elsewhere. :laughing:

#35 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,994 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 17, 2011 - 02:00 PM

yeh, I can't stress it enough....follow your doctors orders.

what about fish? can you eat that?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#36 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,726 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 04:12 PM

well outside from diabetes and your kidney problem, eating a lot of processed foods and red meat will [expletive] up your colon.. don't add another ailment to your body. you can always try eating fish, but not too much.. or try eating steamed white meats aka chicken breasts. go for steamed foods! as for energy it's gonna be hard because mostly we need carbs for energy and carbs when digested is basically sugar. but i know a supplement product used by most of the olympic athletes! it's called overdrive by pharmanex.

#37 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,753 posts

Posted June 17, 2011 - 06:16 PM

and LAKER, but i have 3.5k more posts than you! this is unfair

I have twice as much rep. OHHHHHHHHHH

#38 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,581 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted June 19, 2011 - 07:11 AM

Haha, I'm trying. He actually came out and said it in a joking manner, although I'm sure he would want me to be...but he just kept telling me to cut back on a lot of things.

The biggest problem wouldn't be my appetite and craving meat, but more about me being a diabetic and needing to balance proteins and carbs. Being vegan AND diabetic is one of the most difficult lifestyles out there, relating to diets and such. Most of what vegans eat wouldn't keep my blood sugars up, and with me needing to be active (which brings them down even more), it's next to impossible.

Just so much [expletive] going on right now...it's annoying. I'm waiting for a massive NBA trade to keep my mind elsewhere. :laughing:

If you have been eating meat all your life, you should just try easing in some vegeterian food, not going totally vegan. (vegeterian not vegan)

My father has been a vegeterian for many years (he eats fish,eggs etc, but no meat) and somehow he developed a colon cancer....
It all depends on your body, you just have to see what types of foods keep your levels more or less normal.
Posted Image

#39 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,401 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted June 20, 2011 - 05:22 PM

Wishing you health and recovery. Myself, I only have one kidney, one is normal, the other is in what is called agensis, measing it never grew. You can function on one kidney but
I am not cetain if two that function as a half each are equal to one full one.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#40 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted June 20, 2011 - 06:06 PM

If you have been eating meat all your life, you should just try easing in some vegeterian food, not going totally vegan. (vegeterian not vegan)

My father has been a vegeterian for many years (he eats fish,eggs etc, but no meat) and somehow he developed a colon cancer....
It all depends on your body, you just have to see what types of foods keep your levels more or less normal.

Yeah lots of times I mix half meat and half tofu and it taste just as good. It would be hard to go total vegan.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users