#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:08 AM

POPULAR

I'm going to need to take a break from the site for a while. Last Sunday, I had a diabetic convulsion, and a lot of things came out of it. My kidneys are 45-50% gone, which is acceptable for someone in their 50's, not 27 years old. My blood pressure was recorded at 183/117, which is extremely high. Enzymes were dumped from the seizure, which helped lead to both problems. Also, I was in a convulsion for almost two minutes, which affected my eyes (that I've already had surgery on) and four of my teeth. They also found a cyst on my left kidney that is causing severe left abdomen pains, pushing up against other organs. None of this was a problem until Sunday...just a series of unfortunate events that only I could run into at once. I had an EEG, EKG, an ultrasound, stress test, 24-hour UA, blood culture, blood gases, and other tests over the last 4-5 days, and I'm SPENT. I never like to admit it, but it's appropriate to say that I'm intimidated a bit. It's a battle I never wanted to fight. I have a dentist appointment on Monday, renal doctor on Thursday, primary doc on Friday, and an appointment with an endocrinologist probably two weeks from now. There's no point in me running the show at this time.

I've made westcoast24 and L.A.K.E.R your two new moderators. There are 3-4 members I strongly considered, but I feel like some of them would be better holding their own as posters, with no other responsibility. Moderating isn't exactly a privilege. It's a lot of work. I have faith that the moderators, old and new, will get the job done for the sake of the community, while those that have a lesser responsibility will actually increase their roles by posting more, initiating better discussion, and continue contributing the way you all have done.

In the last two months, we have over ten times as many Lakers Discussion topic views than we do any other forum, including the Off-Topic forum. That's the first time we've done such a thing. Just two years ago, our Lakers Discussion views only tripled the topic views from the OT forum. I'm really proud of you guys for this.

I didn't plan on saying anything, figured I would be back within a week or two, but I'm not really sure anymore. I'm not going to stay gone for good, but I have a lot of things to take care of right now, and it goes far beyond something that, I feel, you guys can maintain and operate just fine without my assistance. Discussion here is great without me posting 100 times a day. I haven't had to suspend or ban anyone in months. Adding mods to the staff is to assure that things won't get out of control with the spam bots, as well as a cushion for any instance where a few members get an idea that they may be able to say and do as they please. I doubt it gets to that point, though.

If I'm not back by the end of the month, I hope everyone enjoys the draft. I did plan on covering our four picks in a really detailed mock draft, but I can't guarantee that right now. I'll see you guys around...check in from time to time, probably won't post much, but I won't be a stranger.

:81:

#2 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:13 AM

Stay strong my main man, thanks for the update.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,009 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Good [expletive] Brandon take care of your health.. this site ain't bigger than life get your health in top condition and I will keep you in my prayers

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 26,997 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:18 AM

Damn I can only imagine what you're going through at the moment. Stay positive and strong, Brandon :rock: I hope all goes well and your health gets much better as time goes by. Sorry to hear what has happened.

And great picks for mods too.

#5 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,003 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:21 AM

Hope you can come back soon and get well man

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,164 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:28 AM

Take it easy mayne, I got fan affected by diabetes so I know how bad it can get

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:33 AM

Sad to hear man but I know you can tough it out. As you know, I've been in similar situations so I'm pulling for you homey.

Just focus on your health right now and do everything that your physicians require of you.

I'll definitely be praying for you.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:35 AM

Ok.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#9 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:41 AM

Get well soon, Brandon.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#10 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the update Brandon, best wishes for your health!! Stay strong

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#11 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,651 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted June 04, 2011 - 10:03 AM

Get well mate, and welcome westcoast24 and L.A.K.E.R.!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,184 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted June 04, 2011 - 10:08 AM

Get well God bless!

#13 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,468 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted June 04, 2011 - 10:21 AM

Get well Brandon. We are all going to pray for you!

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

You see this little hole? This moth's just about to emerge. It's in there right now, struggling. It's digging it's way through the thick hide of the cocoon. Now, I could help it - take my knife, gently widen the opening, and the moth would be free - but it would be too weak to survive. Struggle is nature's way of strengthening it." - John Locke

#14 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted June 04, 2011 - 11:11 AM

Wow, I had no clue your situation was so bad. Best of luck to you Brandon, get well soon.

#15 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted June 04, 2011 - 11:17 AM

Wow, I had no clue your situation was so bad. Best of luck to you Brandon, get well soon.

Posted Image

#16 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,337 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 05:43 PM

Damn Brandon, get better and hope to see you back here soon.

I didn't even realize you made me a mod until a few seconds ago. I really appreciate it and I'll try and do as good of a job as you have.

Again, get better and stay strong. You're in my prayers man!

#17 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,503 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted June 04, 2011 - 07:12 PM

good luck brandon, and don't worry about TLN, we'll take care of it for you...but do keep us posted on your situation as you get more information and if its convenient for you that is...i know you'll come out on top of this stronger than before

congrats to the two new mods, welcome abaord...if you guys have any questions, concerns, comments about anything at all, feel free to PM me and i'll get back you as soon as i can.

Posted Image

#18 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,581 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted June 04, 2011 - 08:41 PM

All the best Brandon, I really hope everything goes well, and you can overcome this event. See you soon ;)

And welcome to the team guys. :)
Posted Image

• 40,365 posts

Posted June 04, 2011 - 09:07 PM

I'm really sorry to hear all that man. Sincerely hope you get better. You seem like a great person, done a lot of great things for the site, & always been pretty good and fair to me. Prayers are with you!

yo.

#20 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted June 05, 2011 - 12:34 AM

Good luck Brandon. Will most definitely keep your situation in my prayers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users