4 replies to this topic

#1 jokkiii

jokkiii

Rookie

• 32 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Odom Magic Worthy

Posted June 03, 2011 - 04:48 PM

JR Smith has been one of my favorite players in the league period. While some of you may question his attitude and behavior on the court, his skill and offensive talent is unquestionable. JR smith off the bench with LO, Barnes, and probably (Fisher) would give us automatically a top 10 bench in the NBA.

Now the only problem is, that JR smith may be asking for too much money, more than we can afford. However, if he can settle for the MLE to come to LA and play for a championship alongside an aging Kobe, I say the Lakers should jump at the oppurtunity.

Another intriguing possibility for the PG starting job is Sebastian Telfair. Many of you have probabbly never heard of the name, but this is a guy who showed up on an ESPN magazine cover with LeBron calling himself and Lebron the future of the NBA. HAHA that didn't turn out the way he planned but, he is still only 25 years old, an above average passer, good shooter, and very quick. I think the Lakers should sign him if they can.

A positive with Telfair is that he will sign for cheap beacuse at this point, he just wants to stay in the league.

#2 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,443 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted June 03, 2011 - 05:24 PM

JR smith is a thug and an idiot no thanx :mellow:
My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#3 Lakers+Fixset

Lakers+Fixset

Rookie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:Jose Castro
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 03, 2011 - 05:59 PM

+1 for smith

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 03, 2011 - 06:23 PM

JR smith is a thug and an idiot no thanx :mellow:

Posted Image

#5 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted June 03, 2011 - 07:46 PM

Sebastian Telfair is done, there's a reason why he has been team hopping. As spectacular as he was in high school that skill never really translated at the NBA level. I would much rather take my chances with someone who is proven. As for JR Smith he could probably make more money and start for another team, there's a really slim chance that he opts to sign with us to play the 6th/7th man role once again.

Edited by Confidence248, June 03, 2011 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users