Photo

IDEA: Trading for Jose Calderon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: IDEA: Trading for Jose Calderon (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this trade stupid?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (4 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,172 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted May 31, 2011 - 03:56 PM

Before you start burning me, hear me out. I follow the Raptors as much as I follow the Lakers. In Raptorland, the fans want to get rid of Jose Calderon, he is making 9 million for 3 more years. He is a great pass first point guard who is responsible with the ball, but his defensive game isn't very great. I really believe that under Coach Brown, he can improve defensively, but the risk with Calderon is his amount of missed games due to injuries the past couple of seasons.

My trade idea was Luke Walton and Derrick Caracter for Jose Calderon. I can't get this to work in the ESPN trade machine though. It would go something like this;

Raptors get:
Luke Walton
Derrick Caracter
Lakers 2012 1st Rounder

Lakers get:
Jose Calderon

Both teams have a trade exceptions thanks to the Vujacic and Bosh trades which can be used.
Caracter is young, cheap contract, has upside, just what the Raptors would like.
The Lakers need a point guard who is an upgrade over Fish and Blake, the Raptors want to get rid of Jose's contract.

Let me know what you think.

#2 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,272 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2011 - 04:53 PM

In a heartbeat

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#3 KB_24

KB_24

Sixth Man

• 3,372 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:number 24

Posted May 31, 2011 - 04:53 PM

A trade where Luke is , is never stupid :shifty:
My blood runs purple and gold...

Posted Image

#4 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2011 - 08:50 PM

If it gets rid of Luke, I'll say yes to any deal.

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,652 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2011 - 11:46 PM

A big reason that the Lakers lost was the lack of perimeter defense, and Jose Calderon is worse defensively than both Fisher AND Steve Blake, and basically everybody else in the league. However, he is on of the best shooters in the world, and on a team that has several players demanding double-teams, he would be an excellent spot-up-shooter as well as ball-handler. Also, with Mike Brown as a coach, it may be possible to minimize his defensive limitations. For Luke Walton and scraps, I would do the trade.

Calderon is owed around 20 million the next two years, and Luke is owed 11 million, so if they really want to get rid of Calderon, this would save them around 10 million.
I'm not sure why they would want Luke Walton, he is playing very poor these days, and they could probably get a better deal elsewhere.

#6 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,411 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 01, 2011 - 04:07 AM

Getting him for Luke sure, but not sure we would be able to do it. And I don't know if Brown can make him play defense...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users