5 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2011 - 02:11 AM

I my opinion, if a team is not contending for a title, the team should be rebuilding. So where do we put the Lakers after this post-season?

The sweep by the Mavs was that a sign that the Lakers should start to rebuild or was it merely a fluke-end of the season due to injuries and inability to focus?

I really do not know what to think!

However, I do know this: KOBE HAVEN'T LOST ANYTHING. He may not be the best player on the planet anymore, (i despise myself for saying this, but that one goes to LBJ), but people forget that he was playing on a sprained ancle, with a bad knee and with a dislocated/fractured finger on his shooting hand, and still was the best playing Laker this post-season.
That, on the other hand is also interesting. Should we trust that this was just a fluke-performance from a group of guys that we emotionally worn down or is it a sign that this group of guys isn't going to get it done in the future, and try to start a new era in LA and gut the roster from everyone not named Bryant???

What do you think???

#2 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,455 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted May 31, 2011 - 06:05 AM

I think we need to add some guys who are hungry for a title. When we added Ron I remember other Lakers saying how he'd make everyone compete harder in practice, and really make everyone focused on the goal, because he wanted a title and they all already had one (or 4!). We need that invigoration again, I don't know from who, but that is what we need. Whether that comes from a major trade, or a small trade or two, or a draft signing, is yet to be determined. That along with some more athleticism should be our top priorities this year.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#3 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 31, 2011 - 06:13 AM

tweak, gutting the team sets us back years, something bryant doesnt have.

#4 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2011 - 08:04 PM

tweak, this team is good. all we need is a younger point guard who can shoot, mario chalmers is a good fit but the heat are not going to let him go
Posted Image

#5 Lakers+Fixset

Lakers+Fixset

Rookie

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Name:Jose Castro
  • Fan Since:Always
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 02, 2011 - 11:23 PM

tweaks.
add some hungry guys and we can reach the promise land again.

#6 Miggs

Miggs

16x CHAMPS

• 2,280 posts
  • Name:Miguel
  • Fan Since:1988 Finals
  • Fav. Laker:Showtime,Shaq and Kobe

Posted June 03, 2011 - 04:35 AM

Tweak: improve the bench ( j. Crawford,pg) also the 3 spot
( artest)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users