Lamar Odom doesn't get points for performance

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 09, 2008 - 01:41 AM

LA Times: Assistant coach Kurt Rambis said Odom's game was "fair to middling, maybe poor," and that Odom "didn't seem focused out there."

"I just got through telling him that this is really basketball now," Jackson said Wednesday. "He looks like he's either curling or doing some other kind of sport. He's not playing basketball.

"The first shot he took was a three-pointer in the middle of the third quarter? That was pretty interesting."

Jackson was non-committal when asked whether Odom would continue handling the ball.

"We still have some time to go with this," he said. "We'll see how it goes."

#2 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 01:47 AM

All this talk of him getting dumped for Ariza has messed up his mental state of mind. That just proves how mentally weak he is. Seriously, it's time for a new SF in Los Angeles.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 09, 2008 - 01:54 AM

Why can't the Bobcats just take him for Gerald Wallace? Or Riley just offer Marion? I don't see why it's such a big deal for Detroit to just give us Prince in a package. Granger? Artest? Jefferson? Gay? Josh Smith? Luol Deng?

Mannnn, just get him out of here. Teams want that expiring.

#4 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 09, 2008 - 01:59 AM

Why can't the Bobcats just take him for Gerald Wallace? Or Riley just offer Marion? I don't see why it's such a big deal for Detroit to just give us Prince in a package. Granger? Artest? Jefferson? Gay? Josh Smith? Luol Deng?

^ Let's wait and see how he plays with the current team before we can any big trades. :huh:

#5 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 02:05 AM

Geat post. :huh:

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 02:07 AM

^ Let's wait and see how he plays with the current team before we can any big trades. :huh:

If he gets shown the bench, his value will hit rock bottom, his confidence will fall soon after, and he'll be worth Shawn Respert, instead of Shawn Marion.

He has yet to prove that he's a consistent player. He had a star shaved into his skull because, at one point, he thought he could prove to us (and himself) that he was an all-star. When we completely change our gameplan to avoid giving him the ball in the NBA Finals, he suddenly plays good, and both Kobe and Gasol are clueless on what to do with the guy as he drifts out to the perimeter, like he's Antoine Walker, ready to drill a four-pointer.

Lamar has been the biggest disappointment for me, and that includes us signing Walton for about $3 million more than we should've, and thinking that Brian Grant was going to man the middle for us with his Bill Walton knees.

#7 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 09, 2008 - 02:26 AM

Right there with you Real.

Once the coaches lose confidence in getting thru to you, a moving van and a trip to LAX is all that's left.

For all of the people wanting to wait, you don't have to coach this guy. I feel bad for him. He doesn't know how good he's got it. All he has to do it try and it's there for him. Maybe something will wake him up...(who am I kidding?)

Edited by GCMD, October 09, 2008 - 02:26 AM.

#8 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 02:33 AM

If he gets shown the bench, his value will hit rock bottom, his confidence will fall soon after, and he'll be worth Shawn Respert, instead of Shawn Marion.

He has yet to prove that he's a consistent player. He had a star shaved into his skull because, at one point, he thought he could prove to us (and himself) that he was an all-star. When we completely change our gameplan to avoid giving him the ball in the NBA Finals, he suddenly plays good, and both Kobe and Gasol are clueless on what to do with the guy as he drifts out to the perimeter, like he's Antoine Walker, ready to drill a four-pointer.

Lamar has been the biggest disappointment for me, and that includes us signing Walton for about $3 million more than we should've, and thinking that Brian Grant was going to man the middle for us with his Bill Walton knees.

I definitely agree. If Lamar is benched, his value will suddenly decrease. In fact, if he starts the season poorly, his value will suddenly increase. His value is as high right now as it will ever be. All this drama around him will eventually decrease his value. It's time to trade him right now. In fact, if we don't trade him now, we may have to just let his fat contract expire because I'm not sure teams will give up a respectable amount for him if he has a poor start to the season.

#9 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted October 09, 2008 - 05:27 AM

All this talk of him getting dumped for Ariza has messed up his mental state of mind. That just proves how mentally weak he is. Seriously, it's time for a new SF in Los Angeles.

I was all for trading him.
We'll have to wait and see.
It would be ideal if the interests with Marion and LO would rise again.
But for now he's a Laker and I'll support him.

#10 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,341 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 10:05 AM

as i said lots of times i think they will take the kwame approach since hes much in the same case a guy with talent who is not reaching his potential here because hes too mentally weak

give him a chance because who knows where he will go and if by december he is still producing dud after dud we trade him for either a gerald wallace or mike miller or even a shawn marion

you can't trade the guy now because contrary to popular belief his value will not hit rock bottom because as kwame proved around december when teams know if they are going to be rebuilding or not a 14 million dollar expiring is more valuable than a star player

we can get all of the shawn marions and gerald wallaces around that time

also something not often talked about what about a PG i mean whose to say ariza can't start hes got the tools a good defensive starting PG could be as if not more beneficial to this team than another SF remember defense

defensive PG with ariza and kobe on the perimeter and bynum and gasol anchoring down low sounds pretty stifling to me

my ideal SF would be

shawn marion because say what you want hes a monster defender and is a massive hustler who can shoot

my ideal trade would be something involving chicago

over the summer there was all the odom for hinrich and nocioni stuff i like that but its unlikely i think something like

odom for hinrich, sepholosha with cap filler would be more beneficial to this team because i believe sepholosha could start at SF on this team

remember what he did to wade a couple years ago the guy can play defense
Posted Image

#11 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,341 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 10:06 AM

I was all for trading him.
We'll have to wait and see.
It would be ideal if the interests with Marion and LO would rise again.
But for now he's a Laker and I'll support him.

how every laker fan should approach the situation
Posted Image

#12 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted October 09, 2008 - 12:27 PM

How many times, or how long do we have to "wait and see"? There's always an excuse... and there always be an excuse. At some point, you have to stop making (or listening to) excuses.

There's a very old and oft used saying... "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... shame on me."

If the guy is so mentally weak and unmotivated... send his butt packing.

zombies.jpg

#13 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 09, 2008 - 12:41 PM

Lamar is just too inconsistent and always will be, great talent but never fully focused.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#14 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 09, 2008 - 12:44 PM

the good ole lamar argument .... well me and gamecock have the same ideals, where is critical beatdown now, oh how i loved both sides arguing

Edited by phifedogg76, October 09, 2008 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#15 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted October 09, 2008 - 01:32 PM

why is everyone so quick to jump on Odom?? let the guy play a bit... he has insane potential.. give him some confidence and he'll prove it... put him on a bench and put newbie ariza on the floor and see Odom flop.
Posted Image

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 03:55 PM

why is everyone so quick to jump on Odom?? let the guy play a bit... he has insane potential.. give him some confidence and he'll prove it... put him on a bench and put newbie ariza on the floor and see Odom flop.

We need to put Odom elsewhere, not on the floor or on the bench. My idea is in a new city.

I'll say this much: since 2004, when we acquired Lamar, he went from being a #1 option in Miami (with Wade) to a #2. Since then, he has slipped to our fourth option, and from the looks of it, maybe our fifth if Fisher outplays him on the offensive end.

The guy who everyone once thought was a poor man's Kevin Garnett...is far from even being that. He plays no defense, and he has trouble scoring and shouldering the load. He's mentally weak. The only thing that compares to Garnett would be his size and his rebounding.

Odom needs to be somewhere else, not in an offense where he thinks he has four roles. In the triangle, Lamar believes he's our...

1) ball-handler, facilitator
2) second scoring option
3) fourth scoring option
4) three-point shooter

So, when you see Lamar trying to facilitate, then drift out towards the perimeter and wait for a three-point attempt, but then drive to the rim and miss a left-handed layup from the right side of the glass, you really have to start questioning where this guy is at most of the time.

#17 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2008 - 04:39 PM

this could be some mind trick by pj

..who knows.. :hmmm:
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#18 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 10, 2008 - 12:33 AM

phife,

Is CB here? If so, I doubt he has much to say about this one.

He's 4th option.
He's expiring and hasn't been offered an extension.
He came into camp out of shape.

There are so many things working against him right now...only thing that can change that is a miracle.

#19 Sky

Sky

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 10, 2008 - 10:44 AM

While I'd love to see Odom sent packing immediately keep in mind that very few teams deal now. They want to see what they have in camp, play the x games and then figure out where they are. LA shops Odom now they'll get pennies on the dollar. Get rid of him sure, but get value back. That can't happen now. Maybe December more likely deadline.

Problem also is that Buss may be looking at Odom's contract as a payroll tool. Let him walk and Buss shaves 14M off the books. I just hope Buss' desire for a ring outweighs his desire to manage next year's payroll via Odom.

If they can get value for Lamar now sure pull the trigger. Chances of that happening are slim and none and slim just left the building.

So they wait.
Hinrich and Gooden (Sefolosha is too beloved by Paxson)
Tayshaun
SJax
Gerald Wallace

All of those are fine by me, but you need the other team to offer it and be willing to deal now. Few will, few are.

Edited by Sky, October 10, 2008 - 10:50 AM.

#20 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 10, 2008 - 11:33 AM

phife,

Is CB here? If so, I doubt he has much to say about this one.

He's 4th option.
He's expiring and hasn't been offered an extension.
He came into camp out of shape.

There are so many things working against him right now...only thing that can change that is a miracle.

haha, no hes not here ... at least that i know of, i guess you can see if real or chicano invited him and he came as another alias, but i just remember how he would die for LO, dont get me wrong, hes a cool guy, i dont hate anyone on these forums but he would always stick up for him even with evidence and after he played a bad game
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users