24 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,327 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 28, 2011 - 01:49 AM

Obviously, the primary focus of the Lakers is to get either CP3 or Dwight Howard, in a sort of Bynum/Odom deal taking on either Howard and Hedo (Orlando can save 15 million, while remaining a playoff team) or CP3 and Okafor (Hornets save up to 50 million, which is a lot in a small market).

However, if this does not work Odom can be used as a trade chip.
Lamar Odom is as talented as they come, a true Point-forward, can play the 1 through 5, rebound, defend, shoot 3’s, pass and handle the ball. However, his head is often elsewhere. What is needed on the Lakers is toughness, youth, athleticism, hustle, focus and reliability, and Lamar has few.
To some teams, however, he could be a very nice fit.

Odom and Ebanks to the Wizards for the 6th and 18th draft picks. In a year of a relatively weak draft Odom would provide veteran presence to a young team on the rise. A McGee-Odom-Wall trio, is a nice core to build around, and in 2012 when Rashard Lewis gets off the books, they can make a run at a top free-agent (Eric Gordon or Kevin Love). The Lakers could draft SF Kawni Leonard and PF Kenneth Faried (Dennis Rodman Clone), who both will provide defense, youth, hustle, toughness which is exactly what the Lakers need.
Odom could go to Houston straight up for Goran Dragic and Chase Budinger, or even better Thabeet and Kyle Lowry. Houston have two starting caliber PG’s and both would be nice fits on the Lakers. Odom would be a massive upgrade at the 3, 4 and 5.
Odom could go to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and Baron Davis. This saves the Cavs a lot of money (Baron), and they might not be able to keep Hickson anyway.
There a plenty of possibilities.

#2 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 28, 2011 - 06:07 AM

:facepalm:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#3 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted May 28, 2011 - 07:19 AM

Obviously, the primary focus of the Lakers is to get either CP3 or Dwight Howard, in a sort of Bynum/Odom deal taking on either Howard and Hedo (Orlando can save 15 million, while remaining a playoff team) or CP3 and Okafor (Hornets save up to 50 million, which is a lot in a small market).

However, if this does not work Odom can be used as a trade chip.
Lamar Odom is as talented as they come, a true Point-forward, can play the 1 through 5, rebound, defend, shoot 3’s, pass and handle the ball. However, his head is often elsewhere. What is needed on the Lakers is toughness, youth, athleticism, hustle, focus and reliability, and Lamar has few.
To some teams, however, he could be a very nice fit.

Odom and Ebanks to the Wizards for the 6th and 18th draft picks. In a year of a relatively weak draft Odom would provide veteran presence to a young team on the rise. A McGee-Odom-Wall trio, is a nice core to build around, and in 2012 when Rashard Lewis gets off the books, they can make a run at a top free-agent (Eric Gordon or Kevin Love). The Lakers could draft SF Kawni Leonard and PF Kenneth Faried (Dennis Rodman Clone), who both will provide defense, youth, hustle, toughness which is exactly what the Lakers need.
Odom could go to Houston straight up for Goran Dragic and Chase Budinger, or even better Thabeet and Kyle Lowry. Houston have two starting caliber PG’s and both would be nice fits on the Lakers. Odom would be a massive upgrade at the 3, 4 and 5.
Odom could go to Cleveland for JJ Hickson and Baron Davis. This saves the Cavs a lot of money (Baron), and they might not be able to keep Hickson anyway.
There a plenty of possibilities.

"However, his head is often elsewhere."- I wouldn't have taken issue with this a year ago. But Lamar has been the most consistent Laker this season, despite a somewhat lackluster postseason, and was working all season long. I would think about trading any of the starters, save Kobe and Gasol, before him.
Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#4 Mega X Chiefs .

Mega X Chiefs .

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Hometown team, but I truly became a fan after Shaq left.
  • Fav. Laker:Magic..it's Showtime!

Posted May 28, 2011 - 11:06 PM

Odom to Washington helps them WAY more than it helps us..

Goran Dragic and Budinger..so what would we then do with Steve Blake and Matt Barnes?

Nobody wants Baron Davis in a Laker uniform, and JJ Hickson aint [expletive] but a snack..

Just horrible, horrible ideas bro..

I got FIVE RINGS, headed to the next hand..
That means FIVE THINGS, better than the next man..

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 12:30 AM

Odom to Washington helps them WAY more than it helps us..

Goran Dragic and Budinger..so what would we then do with Steve Blake and Matt Barnes?

Nobody wants Baron Davis in a Laker uniform, and JJ Hickson aint [expletive] but a snack..

Just horrible, horrible ideas bro..

#1: The trade IS good for the wizards, but instead of sitting all day making unrealistic trade scenarios on the ESPN trade machine, that ONLY works for the Lakers, this one would benefit both parties. In this trade the Lakers get draft picks that could land them two good players. In my mind Kenneth Faried is a no-brainer at the 18th pick, and with the 6th they could get a good PG (Kemba Walker) a good back-up center (Jonas Valanciunas) a good SF (Kawhi Leonard) or a tough PF (Bismack Biyombo). They get options with these picks.
#2. Goran Dragic is WAY better than both D-Fish and Steve Blake, and in my opinion one has to go (preferably Blake so Fish can move to the bench). It is true that it would give the Lakers a hole at the back-up PF spot, though Artest and Barnes can play that position. That being said, I would much rather have a small hole at the back-up 4, than a massive crater at the 1. Also, both Budinger and Dragic can be really good.
I also mentioned Kyle Lowry and Hasheem Thabeet, which would be the best choice. Lowry is one of the best defenders at the 1 and Thabeet may develop into a good back-up.
#3. We disagree on Hickson. I think he can be really good. Regarding the Baron, well, he can thrive when the spotlight shines on him, which it can on the Lakers, and he will know that he is the 4th option (and if he doesn’t I’m sure Kobe will beat it into his head). He is a MASSIVE upgrade over Blake and Fish.

#6 Mega X Chiefs .

Mega X Chiefs .

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Hometown team, but I truly became a fan after Shaq left.
  • Fav. Laker:Magic..it's Showtime!

Posted May 29, 2011 - 03:51 AM

#1: The trade IS good for the wizards, but instead of sitting all day making unrealistic trade scenarios on the ESPN trade machine, that ONLY works for the Lakers, this one would benefit both parties. In this trade the Lakers get draft picks that could land them two good players. In my mind Kenneth Faried is a no-brainer at the 18th pick, and with the 6th they could get a good PG (Kemba Walker) a good back-up center (Jonas Valanciunas) a good SF (Kawhi Leonard) or a tough PF (Bismack Biyombo). They get options with these picks.
#2. Goran Dragic is WAY better than both D-Fish and Steve Blake, and in my opinion one has to go (preferably Blake so Fish can move to the bench). It is true that it would give the Lakers a hole at the back-up PF spot, though Artest and Barnes can play that position. That being said, I would much rather have a small hole at the back-up 4, than a massive crater at the 1. Also, both Budinger and Dragic can be really good.
I also mentioned Kyle Lowry and Hasheem Thabeet, which would be the best choice. Lowry is one of the best defenders at the 1 and Thabeet may develop into a good back-up.
#3. We disagree on Hickson. I think he can be really good. Regarding the Baron, well, he can thrive when the spotlight shines on him, which it can on the Lakers, and he will know that he is the 4th option (and if he doesn’t I’m sure Kobe will beat it into his head). He is a MASSIVE upgrade over Blake and Fish.

1. This is a weak draft. Kemba isn't a starting point guard in the NBA. The Lakers are not in rebuilding mode, we don't need a project like Biyombo or Val...you know his name. You do not trade away Lamar Odom, a proven vet and asset to a championship contender, for unproven draft picks if you are trying to win a championship. We are not the Timberwolves.

2. It's not that Dragic isn't better, but nobody's going to just take Steve Blake off of our hands..we don't need 3 point guards. If we can get Lowry, that's a little different..Thabeet sucks though.

3. Baron and Ron Artest just shouldn't be teammates. That's just asking for chaos..let us go on a losing streak, Baron will check out and it will affect the team. He's just not a high character guy man, we don't need that..

I got FIVE RINGS, headed to the next hand..
That means FIVE THINGS, better than the next man..

#7 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:48 AM

Stick to soccer.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 10:56 PM

Stick to soccer.

Stick to soccer? Given how the Lakers have played recently, and how well Miami has played, I might.

Unfortunately, soccer is just about as boring as baseball.

#9 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 30, 2011 - 06:02 AM

Stick to soccer? Given how the Lakers have played recently, and how well Miami has played, I might.

Unfortunately, soccer is just about as boring as baseball.

Soccer is as boring as baseball? :blink:

How dare you call yourself European! J/K :laughing:

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 08:40 AM

Soccer is as boring as baseball? :blink:

oh yeh

Pau Gasol is GONE

#11 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 30, 2011 - 08:51 AM

oh yeh

Not to me, I cant stand baseball; love playing it hate watching it.

Soccer on the otherhand I'd watch and play.

Ronaldo's Brazilian team was my fav back in the day.

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 09:01 AM

Not to me, I cant stand baseball; love playing it hate watching it.

Soccer on the otherhand I'd watch and play.

Ronaldo's Brazilian team was my fav back in the day.

I just don't understand how some people like watching a sport where these guys run back and forth on a big [expletive] field kicking a ball to only come up with a score of 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0.

At least with baseball, things happen ever so often.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 30, 2011 - 09:19 AM

I just don't understand how some people like watching a sport where these guys run back and forth on a big [expletive] field kicking a ball to only come up with a score of 0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0.

What happens often? People fall asleep?

Cant fall asleep in a soccer stadium.

#14 kfreud

kfreud

Rookie

• 537 posts
  • Name:Kyle
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Cap, Wilt

Posted May 30, 2011 - 04:11 PM

Soccer's kind of like a religion in Europe so its a totally different culture. But yah, I have the same problem watching soccer as you do, even the World Cup is kind of dull. Soccer is way more fun to play than it is to watch.
Posted Image
This game's in the refrigerator, the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'!"

#15 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 04:32 PM

Cant fall asleep in a soccer stadium.

I'd be sleeping like a baby

Pau Gasol is GONE

#16 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 30, 2011 - 05:42 PM

I'd be sleeping like a baby

Thats how I know you've never even been to 1 game. You wish.

#17 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 05:59 PM

Thats how I know you've never even been to 1 game. You wish.

well, no. I would never put myself in that situation.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#18 LO7

LO7

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Name:Justin
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2011 - 08:14 PM

why would you ever want to get rid of odom? did he not just win sixth man of the year? He should have been voted in as an all-star, and was more consistent all year than pau gasol, who played soft and scared all playoffs..
Posted Image

#19 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,327 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 02:29 AM

why would you ever want to get rid of odom? did he not just win sixth man of the year? He should have been voted in as an all-star, and was more consistent all year than pau gasol, who played soft and scared all playoffs..

I'd obviously prefer to keep Odom, especially because of his unique skill-set and his ability to play whatever role is needed off the bench.
However, as well as he played during the regular season, he was miserable in the playoffs. Even worse than Pau.

If he could be packaged with Bynum to get CP3-Okafor or Howard-Hedo I would do it in a heartbeat.
Like these:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3h5vjy2
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6cb2627

Also, if you could get a good starting PG AND a back-up C or PF, I would trade him as well.
Like these;
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3vn9q6c
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3wpgerp
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3m7bhvj

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,010 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 04:38 AM

However, as well as he played during the regular season, he was miserable in the playoffs. Even worse than Pau.

no he wasn't worse than pau

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users