336 replies to this topic

#301 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 14, 2013 - 10:17 AM

I was listening to Star radio in ATL and they played a European podcast that interviewed Evangeline Lilly about her new role in The Hobbit Desolation of Smaug. After touching base about how the host was a LOST fan he asked her "are you happy with the way LOST ended". She replied "LOST didn't actually end, thats what people may not be understanding yet". They asked her to elaborate but she declined to comment further.

probably has to do with what you beleive happens after death.

Posted Image

#302 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

• 40,400 posts

Posted December 05, 2013 - 01:03 AM

^ She came out on Ferguson a few days ago as well. Looked way better there.

Those legs. :homer:

yo.

#304 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,565 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted December 12, 2013 - 05:54 AM

:woot: Just started a complete rewatch of the series :woot:

I already went through the first 20 episodes of Season 1... I didn't even remembered Sayid met Rousseau so early.

Locke's still rocking!!! :cool2:

locke_backgammon.jpg

(I learned to play backgammon because of this scene)

Top 50 Best TV Dramas Of All-Time:

http://www.complex.c...f-all-time/lost

Lost, 24th.

Game of Thrones, 14th.

Breaking Bad, 3rd.

JohStewartBOOM.gif

LOST is not the best tv drama of all-time for two reasons.

First, it is not a tv drama, it is a brilliant work of art.

Second, not everyone understands and/or likes art.

I guess it's just easier to watch dull, repetitive crime shows. Beware, I am not saying all crime dramas are dull; on the contrary, there are a few great series of that kind on TV but not everybody can appreciate the likes of LOST, Doctor Who, Dexter (at least the first 4 seasons), Stargate, Supernatural, Person Of Interest or Ripper Street.

That's also why there are so many garbage reality and talent shows out there.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#305 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,565 posts

Posted December 21, 2013 - 09:59 AM

2x08 - Collision

The two groups of survivors of Flight 815 finally met.

1260021-mr._eko.jpg --> made his appearance :clap2:

Felt sorry for Shannon's passing. I never liked her attitude but still... :eh:

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#306 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 23, 2013 - 11:19 AM

Just started watching this. Halfway through season one. I can't wait to catch up so I could read through this thread.

#307 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts

Posted December 24, 2013 - 01:40 AM

I really don't care how this show is ranked. For me, it's my favorite show of all time. I might be delusional for some, but It won't change my pov.
Posted Image

#308 lqv2015

lqv2015

Rookie

• 638 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:35 PM

I might have to put it third behind The X-Files and Breaking Bad. It'll never rank higher than third cause I just can't swallow the last episodes.

• 40,400 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 05:39 PM

^ I like The X-Files, but damn, you have it that high? Where do you have The Sopranos & The Wire?

yo.

#310 lqv2015

lqv2015

Rookie

• 638 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 06:04 PM

Haven't gotten to them yet. Maybe next year. They may very well be that great.

I love sci-fi dramas. That's why X-Files and Lost is that high on the list.

#311 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,176 posts

Posted December 25, 2013 - 10:37 PM

Haven't gotten to them yet. Maybe next year. They may very well be that great.

I love sci-fi dramas. That's why X-Files and Lost is that high on the list.

Have you seen Battlestar Galactica? Check it out if you haven't already. 

hR3rI.png

#312 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,581 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted December 25, 2013 - 11:43 PM

I might have to put it third behind The X-Files and Breaking Bad. It'll never rank higher than third cause I just can't swallow the last episodes.

Dude
Last 2 seasons of x-files was garbage

#313 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,695 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 22, 2014 - 09:27 AM

I finished Lost last night. The ending was alright - nothing spectacular. The show itself was great though, so many twists and turns along the way kept me interested.

I'm gonna start Dexter now. Hopefully it's as good as people say it is.

#314 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 22, 2014 - 10:14 AM

I really don't care how this show is ranked. For me, it's my favorite show of all time. I might be delusional for some, but It won't change my pov.

thats exactly how I feel

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#315 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,565 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 05:37 AM

I finished the rewatch a few days ago and I already miss the show :sorry: 

I think everyone should watch LOST without having to wait a week for the next episode or worse a year for a new season. Plus, you understand everything much better this way, especially the Flash Sideways.

Still, I do not understand why so many people complain about the final season or/and the last episodes. "Pilot" and "The End" are inextricably intertwined: you cannot love one and hate the other!

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#316 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted March 17, 2014 - 05:59 AM

'Lost' 10th anniversary reunion at PaleyFest
Lost-Reunion.jpg

“We have to go back.” That’s what Dr. Jack Shephard (Matthew Fox) says after returning home from the island in the third season finale of ABC’s epic drama Lost. And this Sunday at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, several of those castaways — as well as executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse — did indeed come back, to discuss the pivotal series as it celebrates the 10th anniversary of its premiere.

In addition to Lindelof and Cuse, the panel included Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Maggie Grace (Shannon), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and Malcolm David Kelley (Walt). The cast and producers reminisced about their magical time on “The Island” and, naturally, still left us with a few unsolved mysteries. (Meanwhile, the panel’s moderator, comedian Paul Scheer, awkwardly urged audience members not to ask about anothermysterious plane crash because it would “be in poor taste.” Yes; yes it would.) We did, however, learn these five things:

Confirmed: The castaways weren’t dead the entire time
Cuse definitively confirmed this for all skeptics. He blamed the theory partially on shots of plane wreckage that appeared at the end of the series finale, which may been confusing. Lost‘s team thought this footage, left over from the pilot would serve as a good segue into the post-show commercials. “At the end of finale, you had a buffer of when the show ends, to the first commercial [right after]. You don’t want to just slam a Clorox ad,” Cuse explained. But ”when people saw [the wreckage], it exacerbated the problem.”

Cuse and Lindelof still defend their series finale
Lost was metaphorically about lost people looking for meaning in their lives,” Cuse said. “The ending had to be a spiritual one that explained these characters’ journey and destiny.” (Lindelof acknowledged that early on, viewers guessed that the show’s characters were caught in some kind of purgatory — a theory he and Cuse always shot down.) “Obviously, there are all these mysteries, and in the final episode of Lost, we could answer a question that wasn’t asked,” Lindelof added. That question: “What is the meaning life? And what happens when you die?”

We’ll never learn who was in the outrigger that shot at Sawyer and co. in season 5
“I have to give you some level of satisfaction without actually answering the question —  the Lost way,” Lindelof said. In fact, the scene’s script has the answer — “which is not the Lost way.” Ultimately, Lindelof and his team felt it would be cooler to let this remain a mystery — though they knew doing that would eventually come back to haunt them: “We said to each other, ‘Someone is gonna stand up and ask us about the outrigger [one day].’”  Cuse added that “every question begets another question,” which leads to didactic and boring answers. “We wanted to tell an emotional story that showed what happened to the characters. We cared much more about what happened to them,” he said.

The writers and producers hated Nikki and Paulo even before you did
Lindelof admitted thathe and the writers did not like Nikki and Paulo, background characters who came to the forefront after fans clamored to know more about everyone else wandering around the island: “We started writing these characters, and as soon as we got into the editing room, we [knew they weren't working].” The duo was featured in the first half of the third season, then buried alive. While it would have been easy to simply let them drift off into the background again, Lindelof said it was important for the writers to admit their mistake. That’s why they devoted a whole episode to Nikki and Paulo’s backstory — leading into their death. From the audience’s perspective, he said, it appeared that the creative team had listened to their complaints, but “we already hated them ourselves.”

Daniel Dae Kim wasn’t always speaking Korean
Cuse recalled Yunjin Kim approaching him one day and saying that her onscreen husband’s words weren’t actually Korean. (Yunjin, who has appeared in numerous Korean films and TV shows, emigrated from South Korea to the U.S. when she was 10. Daniel, who is fluent only in English, emigrated from South Korea to the U.S. when he was two.) “He eventually got very good,” Yunjin assured.

http://popwatch.ew.c...sary-paleyfest/

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#317 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,435 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 07:06 AM

Walt just doesnt look right....I want young Walt back not this jamie Foxx looking grown up Walt.....lmao. maybe one day the grown up Walt we see will have a follow up episode.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#318 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,614 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 17, 2014 - 12:53 PM

I loved lost. I was addicted to it. I remember hunting for Apollo bars. Lurking the lost message boards reading theories. I dropped out Wednesday classes so I could watch lost.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#319 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 03:07 PM

“We have to go back.” That’s what Dr. Jack Shephard (Matthew Fox) says after returning home from the island in the third season finale of ABC’s epic drama Lost. And this Sunday at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, several of those castaways — as well as executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse — did indeed come back, to discuss the pivotal series as it celebrates the 10th anniversary of its premiere.
In addition to Lindelof and Cuse, the panel included Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Maggie Grace (Shannon), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and Malcolm David Kelley (Walt). The cast and producers reminisced about their magical time on “The Island” and, naturally, still left us with a few unsolved mysteries. (Meanwhile, the panel’s moderator, comedian Paul Scheer, awkwardly urged audience members not to ask about anothermysterious plane crash because it would “be in poor taste.” Yes; yes it would.) We did, however, learn these five things:

Cuse definitively confirmed this for all skeptics. He blamed the theory partially on shots of plane wreckage that appeared at the end of the series finale, which may been confusing. Lost‘s team thought this footage, left over from the pilot would serve as a good segue into the post-show commercials. “At the end of finale, you had a buffer of when the show ends, to the first commercial [right after]. You don’t want to just slam a Clorox ad,” Cuse explained. But ”when people saw [the wreckage], it exacerbated the problem.”

“Lost was metaphorically about lost people looking for meaning in their lives,” Cuse said. “The ending had to be a spiritual one that explained these characters’ journey and destiny.” (Lindelof acknowledged that early on, viewers guessed that the show’s characters were caught in some kind of purgatory — a theory he and Cuse always shot down.) “Obviously, there are all these mysteries, and in the final episode of Lost, we could answer a question that wasn’t asked,” Lindelof added. That question: “What is the meaning life? And what happens when you die?”
We’ll never learn who was in the outrigger that shot at Sawyer and co. in season 5

“I have to give you some level of satisfaction without actually answering the question —  the Lost way,” Lindelof said. In fact, the scene’s script has the answer — “which is not the Lost way.” Ultimately, Lindelof and his team felt it would be cooler to let this remain a mystery — though they knew doing that would eventually come back to haunt them: “We said to each other, ‘Someone is gonna stand up and ask us about the outrigger [one day].’”  Cuse added that “every question begets another question,” which leads to didactic and boring answers. “We wanted to tell an emotional story that showed what happened to the characters. We cared much more about what happened to them,” he said.
Lindelof admitted thathe and the writers did not like Nikki and Paulo, background characters who came to the forefront after fans clamored to know more about everyone else wandering around the island: “We started writing these characters, and as soon as we got into the editing room, we [knew they weren't working].” The duo was featured in the first half of the third season, then buried alive. While it would have been easy to simply let them drift off into the background again, Lindelof said it was important for the writers to admit their mistake. That’s why they devoted a whole episode to Nikki and Paulo’s backstory — leading into their death. From the audience’s perspective, he said, it appeared that the creative team had listened to their complaints, but “we already hated them ourselves.”

Cuse recalled Yunjin Kim approaching him one day and saying that her onscreen husband’s words weren’t actually Korean. (Yunjin, who has appeared in numerous Korean films and TV shows, emigrated from South Korea to the U.S. when she was 10. Daniel, who is fluent only in English, emigrated from South Korea to the U.S. when he was two.) “He eventually got very good,” Yunjin assured.

Waaaaaalt!!! Waaaaaalt! Wait, who the hell is that!? Lol
Posted Image

#320 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,614 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 17, 2014 - 05:03 PM

“Lost was metaphorically about lost people looking for meaning in their lives,” Cuse said. “The ending had to be a spiritual one that explained these characters’ journey and destiny.” (Lindelof acknowledged that early on, viewers guessed that the show’s characters were caught in some kind of purgatory — a theory he and Cuse always shot down.) “Obviously, there are all these mysteries, and in the final episode of Lost, we could answer a question that wasn’t asked,” Lindelof added. That question: “What is the meaning life? And what happens when you die?”

Waaaaaalt!!! Waaaaaalt! Wait, who the hell is that!? Lol

That's mah boy! Mah son!

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users