#202 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 27, 2013 - 08:53 PM

IN what way>?

A lot of ways.

I feel Andrea has Kate like characteristics.

Rick seeing dead people like Jack.

Daryl tripping balls and seeing things like sawyer.

I notice so MANY things.

Not saying its a complete rip off, but I see parallels.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#203 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,591 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted March 03, 2013 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, I see it too. There's a similar moral struggle the characters deal with too.

#204 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:33 PM

The chalk map on the wall in Morgan's pad. the blast door map in the swan.

#205 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:14 PM

Damn. I used to love jacob's cabin. <br /><br />I'm watching S4E1.

#206 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,488 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 22, 2013 - 11:15 AM

3 years after LOST and they're still teasing us:

Lost_510x383.jpg

In honor of March Madness, EW is launching a tournament to determine the Greatest TV Couple of All Time. But before we can finalize the brackets, we are turning to you, our hopeless TV romantic readers, to decide which five couples — all part of a love triangle on their respective shows — make it out of a qualifying round to fill the final slots. Today, we’re debating Sawyer & Kate versus Sawyer &  Juliet on Lost.

On a mysterious island filled with troubled protagonists with noble aspirations and daddy issues, no one could ever compete with James “Sawyer” Ford. As played by Josh Holloway, Sawyer was introduced as the area bad dude: a criminal con man who set himself up as the looter kingpin in the early days after the crash of Oceanic Flight 815. But the character became so much more: A vengeful orphan with a heart of gold, his evolution from scalawag to hero provided Lost with one of its most intriguing character arcs.

And, to put it mildly, the ladies loved him. At various parts of the show, Sawyer hooked up withfour of the female regulars, counting a late-period alternate-reality fling with Charlotte — and that’s not to even mention Cassidy, his flashback baby mama. But when we talk about Sawyer’s Great Romances, we’re really talking about two very different women: A pair of strong-willed action heroines. They both had mysterious pasts. And they were both good backup in a gunfight. They were even both ensconced in simultaneous triangles with Sawyer’s rival Jack, therefore creating a kind of four-dimensional love tetrahedron. But that’s where the similarities ended.

When Lost began, it was all so simple. Relatively. Jack was the noble, troubled leader, and Kate was the action heroine with a secret. That left Sawyer as the grinning bad-boy — the Wolverine to Jack’s Cyclops. The spicy love-hate chemistry between Kate and Sawyer produced some of the greatest flirty scenes of the show’s early years. (Their best was probably the boozy game of “I Never.”) The Kate-Sawyer relationship reached its peak when the two of them — trapped in polar bear cages by the others — engaged in a muddy prison hook-up. Or maybe the high point came in the season 4 finale, when Sawyer whispered in Kate’s ear, kissed her goodbye and jumped out of a helicopter. (In his inimitable style, Sawyer managed to combine the most swooningly romantic moments from Lost in Translation andLast of the Mohicans.)

GET EW ON YOUR TABLETSubscribe today and get instant access!

But that moment also marked the official beginning of the other great love of Sawyer’s life. I’m talking, of course, about Juliet Burke. Initially introduced as a femme fatale allied with the Others, Juliet became a valued member of the castaway tribe. And unlike Kate — who could be a bit all over the map, emotionally — Juliet had a strong, quick-witted, no-bull personality. Sawyer and Kate were always kind of star-crossed, but Juliet’s relationship with Sawyer formed organically. If you’re a Suliet fan, then the defining moment is probably the dock scenefrom “LaFleur,” when Sawyer — using all his impossible powers of charm — convinces Juliet to stay on the island for just two more weeks. In a weird way, the two of them became the most realistic couple on the island this side of Rose and Bernard. And in a series finale filled with tear-inducing reunions, can anything match up to Sawyer and Juliet meeting at the vending machines? “Kiss me, James.” “You got it, Blondie.” We’re crying now just thinking about it!

Let’s get down to business here though: Which couple deserves to take a place in the Greatest TV Couple of All Time bracket? Kate and Sawyer were the show’s Sam and Diane: Over the first few seasons, their sparkly love-hate chemistry slowly broke down the walls around their criminal hearts. But Sawyer and Juliet were the show’s Chandler and Monica: They grew together slowly but steadily, and became a functional couple, able to survive all kinds of time-tossed island shenanigans (and even death itself.)

Who’s moving on to the next round? Vote below.

http://popwatch.ew.c...er-kate-juliet/

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#207 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 18, 2013 - 10:40 AM

Okay

I finally gave in and watched lost...

And I hate to say it, but I like the show...

its very good...

But, no way anyone survived that plane crash.... and they even mention that in one of the first episodes...

They all died on the plane crash, and everything is just a dream, or someones life/fantasy flashing before their eyes...

im all in on this...

#208 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 11:10 AM

The first couple episodes, I was like, man, this show is TERRIBLE... but once I got over the terrible parts and made my own theory how this is working, I liked it...

Ive blown thru almost all of season 1 in like 48 hours...

Sawyer looks like Jamie Lanister ( I even thought it was the same actor at first)

I fully believe that everyone is DEAD!!!

Clues,

Polar Bear... on a south-western pacific island? okay...

And the mechanical sounding monster that kills the pilot, and likes to Knock trees down?

Guy in wheelchair can walk again? fine?

"No one could have survived that plane crash" - some character says this! And they cartwheeled in the plane? People flung from a plane would have every bone in their body crushed... if they wanted to have the people actually really survive, they could have had a more realistic crash landing, where it was possible for people to survive, the tail section of the plane sepperating in mid flight? Everyone on that plane died!

I feel like the whole show is what everyone is experiencing in their last moments of life as they are being horribly killed in the plane crash...

Also, the way they behave, is insane for any survival scenario... if you are on a island, one of the first things you would do, is circumnavigate the island, and map it, I mean, no one has even tried this! there could be a freaking 4 seasons a couple miles up the beach, and these people would have no idea...

And then there is obviously other people on the island... and they allow another person from the island, to infiltrate their group?

If the thing I like best about the show, is the ocean and the beach.. would I stop if they permently move to the cave... maybe... though that raft they built was freaking awesome! I really hope that they build some boats and go into the ocean, and have like 1/2 a season out in the ocean...

#209 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,488 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted May 19, 2013 - 05:32 PM

TKain Im happy your indulging. IMO its the best TV show that ever was. Ask questions as you watch. I wont spoil but I will love reading your thoughts as the story progresses and more clues/facts come to be.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#210 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,948 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2013 - 05:38 PM

I like this series. It's been well over two years since I have seen it, I think it may be worth the re-watch soon.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#211 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Its defiantly fun, back when the show first aired, I watched the pilot, and I don't remember it this way at all, I seem to remember that in the pilot, there was an extended opening scene of the plane crash... maybe they changed the start of the show due to bad feedback, but I remember watching the show when it first came out, because I really wanted to watch the show... but I thought it was too out there, and unrealistic because of the opening plane crash..

Did anyone watch the pilot when it aired on TV for the first time? And can comment on weather the opening parts of the series was changed?

Lost is one of those things that has received near unanimous universial acclaim... and, its great that all the episodes are out... which makes watching the show, completely on my free will... unlike GOT and TWD, where I am angererly awaiting each episode, and then disappointed...

Edited by TKainZero, May 19, 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#212 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 01:21 AM

That plane is just ridiculus!

It is sitting balanced on top a tree on a Cliffside for YEARS? Withstanding monsoons! And well over 100MPH winds on the wings... which grab air! That plane would have been blown down the first day there was a small breeze would have blown it over, nevermind the fact of the impossibility of it being there in the first place!

The second I saw that plane for the first time, knew we were walking into a big ole giant scene of doo-doo... and I knew that SOMEONE had to die for the baby to be born... (that's just the way tv shows do it, and they weren't taking the mama...)

4 8 15 16 23 43

whats the deal with that? its hurleys lotto numbers, its on the buried metal thing, the French lady had them... whats the deal

and, way too much behind the back stuff... people poisoning each other, guns to people, always fighting... they need a freaking sherif

#213 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 03:39 AM

Smoke monster... weird...

In the ending scene of the first season, Hurley is reading a comic book, that has a polar bear in it...
Not a coincidence

And whats with everyone wanting to abduct kids? im kinda sad that nice raft got blown up

#214 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,488 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 07:57 AM

I WISH I COULD BE A LOST VIRGIN AND EXPERIENCE IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#215 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 11:30 AM

You haven't seen [expletive] bro. <br /><br />Season 2 was my favorite.

Edited by WhatUSaid, May 20, 2013 - 11:30 AM.

#216 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 11:07 PM

I WISH I COULD BE A LOST VIRGIN AND EXPERIENCE IT ALL OVER AGAIN!

it's fun

I get to make all the Theroies I want!
I hear the finale is awful...

So there is three groups of people.
2 groups of survivors, and a group of crazy child nappers...

Mr echo looks like he could beat everyone up...
I knew Kate was behind the posining of Michael... That chick can't be trusted...

I wonder where desomd went... He can't just disappear... Someone has to find him...

I would like to know why so many others in the tail section group died...

And no way does Michelle rodrigiz punch that hard... I could take a punch from her... Sawyer you whimp...

#217 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:25 AM

Did I mention I hate Michelle rodrigiz for no particular reason

Worst part of the show

#218 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 02:03 AM

I'm in like episode 8 or 9 season 2

I knew the first time I saw that film, there was stuff sliced out of it...
Shannons death came out of nowhere... I saw boones death coming, but kill off the hot blonde? Wtf! Poor saiyaid!
I really hate Michelle rodregez. Does she stay around long? That's one crazy cop...
And roses husband benard, being white... That surprised me... Whatever, that's the truth...

And the whole plane of heroin, wouldn't some of that be helpful for the doctor?
And how about putting some of those sniper rifles to good use?
And come on Michael! If someone says hello to you on a CPU from the 1980's, I think that qualifies as something to get the whole group...

And.. Is there 4 groups of people? The tail section, Main group, shoeless people, and then the people who took walt? Don't think the shoeless people have motorboats, and CPUs with Internet...

Also, new rule, no blonde is allowed to leave the camp without an armed bodyguard...

#219 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,828 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think Siyaid is my fav character...

I totally think the guy is lying...

I also think this whole 108 min countdown thing is all nonsense... and the strange hieroglyphics showing up when time expired? did that mean they failed? or they are still good cause it went back?

Sawyer... or james... whatever... no one would act like that...

everyone is acting totally crazy...

#220 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 12:52 PM

I think Siyaid is my fav character...
I totally think the guy is lying...
I also think this whole 108 min countdown thing is all nonsense... and the strange hieroglyphics showing up when time expired? did that mean they failed? or they are still good cause it went back?

Sawyer... or james... whatever... no one would act like that...

everyone is acting totally crazy...

108 minute countdown isn't nonsense. Desmond ran off for a reason.

It's a crazy show. Just wait.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)