Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted October 08, 2008 - 06:45 PM

http://sports.espn.g.../...75&n8pe6c=3

wow, he says that Phil was playing mind games with them by not stepping in to stop the fighting, because it made them play better

Edited by Nissan, October 09, 2008 - 01:39 AM.
Please don't use caps in the topic title - Nissan

Posted Image

#2 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted October 08, 2008 - 06:58 PM

shaq is a smart guy hes seen a shift in kobe's image and perception and realizes right now hes MJ, magic, west

hes the face of the NBA any negativity from his mouth regarding kobe will only do 2 things

1)get people mad at him for being immature

2) make people rethink who was the cause of the break-up

remember when shaq went 8-mile everyone was saying how immature he is, and how he should let it go because kobe has

hes not stupid never has been
Posted Image

#3 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,354 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted October 08, 2008 - 07:26 PM

funny man man

hahahaha

Q: did you predict the team will past the first round

S: yeah

Q: but its october

S: SO..!

lmao

Edited by Michael, October 08, 2008 - 07:27 PM.

#4 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted October 08, 2008 - 07:27 PM

SHAQ saying he would do it over again with the lakers please man I smell BS all over that statement he just saying it to get respect back from LA fans
Posted Image

#5 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted October 08, 2008 - 08:06 PM

Who

#6 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,741 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 08, 2008 - 08:08 PM

Shaq shaq shaq...toss n turnin. :huh:

#7 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted October 08, 2008 - 08:32 PM

lmao PR restoration ftw

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#8 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted October 08, 2008 - 08:49 PM

shaq is shaq, i love him and hate him at the same time, but i really am forgetting about that hatred i had for him cuz its been so long ago ... even with that stupid "rap" he had
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#9 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 02:35 AM

I think Shaq's just growing up a bit more. He's seen that what he always says is dumb, and he's not in that good situation of always being with a contender any more, so it opened his eyes up. He doesn't have Kobe with him, he doesn't have D-Wade with him, and he has the Suns where he can't run and they haven't been winning, so he's learned to appreciate what he had in the past and how great Kobe was for him and his career.

Yes he's saying this to be more politically correct or w/e, but I think he genuinely sees how much Kobe meant to him in his past.

#10 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 03:40 AM

Here's my question: is he right in saying that Shaq/Kobe was the best 1-2 big guy/little guy punch in history?

#11 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 03:52 AM

Here's my question: is he right in saying that Shaq/Kobe was the best 1-2 big guy/little guy punch in history?

well was there a better combo?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#12 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 05:24 AM

I think Shaq's just growing up a bit more. He's seen that what he always says is dumb, and he's not in that good situation of always being with a contender any more, so it opened his eyes up. He doesn't have Kobe with him, he doesn't have D-Wade with him, and he has the Suns where he can't run and they haven't been winning, so he's learned to appreciate what he had in the past and how great Kobe was for him and his career.

Yes he's saying this to be more politically correct or w/e, but I think he genuinely sees how much Kobe meant to him in his past.

I agree.

I think he probably regrets not trying harder to make things work in LA. He sees that if he had stayed in LA, he would still be winning Championships. He's messed up, and now he's on a team that will only just get into the playoffs and then will have a likely 1st rounder exit. He's gone from riches to rags in NBA Superstar terms.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#13 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 09, 2008 - 07:52 AM

Doubt it. Shaq is one of the biggest egomaniacs in the world, just not in basketball. We've all seen it before. Shaq seems sorry for something stupid he's done or he seems to have gotten over what happened in LA, but before you know it, he goes and does something stupid again.

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 07:59 AM

I liked the interview. Many were pissed about the whole rap incident but he said that he called Kobe right after and apologized for it. If he did indeed do that, that just means there are no hard feelings between the two.

Everyone wants to find a reason to hate Shaq. But he was still a Laker and was the biggest part in winning championships here in LA.

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 08:20 AM

I liked the interview. Many were pissed about the whole rap incident but he said that he called Kobe right after and apologized for it. If he did indeed do that, that just means there are no hard feelings between the two.

Everyone wants to find a reason to hate Shaq. But he was still a Laker and was the biggest part in winning championships here in LA.

that doesn't give him the right to bad mouth us whenever he wants us to

Shaq is two faced, I've lost all respect for this man

Edited by MDI, October 09, 2008 - 08:20 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#16 DarthRekal

DarthRekal

Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy

• 1,110 posts
  • Name:Rorshach
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin - Then; Trevor - Now

Posted October 09, 2008 - 08:38 AM

amen!.. he manned up and said it was a bad move.. i think he's growing up... he will always be a Laker.. we were just on a Family quarrell.. like how you dont talk to your brother for a while.. then a couple days later you talk like nothing happened??? :bow: :mad:

Clicky The Siggy
Men Get Arrested, Dogs Get Put Down!- Rorshach

#17 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 09:25 AM

well was there a better combo?

That's what I'm asking, 'cause I can't think off the top of my head and I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I just don't think I've ever heard it mentioned before, top big/small duos in league history. Stockton/Malone, maybe, but they never won anything.

#18 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 09, 2008 - 09:51 AM

If I had a nickel every time someone said "Shaq has matured" in the past 4 years...

No one here is denying Shaq's contributions and his instrumental role in getting that 3-peat. I am very appreciative for what he's done. But he's been an [expletive] the past 4 years. He does a lot of dumb crap, then, metaphorically, puts on those puppy dog eyes, and hopes we forgive him. And every time there are people saying "oh he seems genuine" and "yea, looks like he's matured", then he goes and does something childish again.

Edited by daco_inc, October 09, 2008 - 09:55 AM.

#19 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted October 09, 2008 - 09:52 AM

Imagine a Kobe of today playing with a Shaq in his prime. That's a dream come true.

Edited by KuYa JL, October 09, 2008 - 09:53 AM.

Made By Vaporize

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,129 posts

Posted October 09, 2008 - 10:11 AM

do you consider magic a small because if you do then no

i mean figureatively magic was a small he was the PG it all depends how you view small then again kobe is 6"6' and magic was 6"9' so i would venture to say

magic and kareem followed by

john havlichek and bill russell ( though i wasn't around to see them i mean 11 titles jesus)

kobe and shaq

then west and wilt

then oscar robinson and kareem

then bird and parrish though bird was a foward he was shorter than magic (the reason they aren't higher is it was more of a whole team i mean mchale and dennis johnson)
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users