#22 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 27, 2011 - 06:36 PM

Pretty good trade but nooooooooo way New Jersey takes on Arenas crappy contract. I came up with a trade that should satisfy all the teams involved.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3o9fkey

Now the main thing is we have to do this in two seperate trades.

FIRST TRADE: First we trade Bynum and Artest to Orlando for Dwight and Turkoglu. Magic get back the 2nd best center in the league plus get rid of Turks loooong contract, and we get Superman and an above average player at the SF position.

SECONG TRADE: After realizing that no top-shelf free agents are heading his way, Deron Williams lets the Nets know that theres no way hes resigning with them (why woud he, the East is gonna be ran by the Heat, Bulls, and Knicks for the next 5 years). And this is where the Lakers step in by offering Gasol, Steve Blake, and Ebanks for D Will and Travis Outlaw. Why would Jersey make this deal? Well its a better package than most other teams can offer because they get an all-NBA 2nd teamer in Pau, not to mention they get out of Outlaw's contract and get a developmental player in Ebanks. Blakes is a pretty good player when he's not playing in the triangle, whether he starts or backs up Farmar. One other thing is they get D Will out of the Eastern Conference where he wont hurt them in the playoffs.

So after its all said and done the Lakers roster would look something like this:

STARTERS
D Williams
Kobe
Turkoglu
Odom
Dwight Howard

BENCH
Fisher
Shannon Brown
Barnes
Travis Outlaw
FA Big Man

#23 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted May 30, 2011 - 01:44 PM

I like your enthusiasm, but it looks like a lot of money on our end. Anything is possible. Look it how Melo got to NYK. I think D12 can get to the lakers if Jim wasn't such a dick and Deron would have to demand it.

#24 Chadious

Chadious

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Name:Chad Shimabukuro
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted May 30, 2011 - 09:26 PM

You have to pretend you're the Nets GM, and ask yourself why you would trade a young all-star PG (perhaps the best in the NBA, along with CP3) for a 31-year old power forward that has never attempted 15+ FGA/G in a season, ever.

Also, this is a Nets team that would have to start Jordan Farmar at the point, because Gilbert Arenas is too slow to defend at that position nowadays, and he's not a playmaker, at all, because he draws little defensive attention now.

Finally, does New Jersey really take on Gilbert and Gasol's massive deals? New Jersey is more interested in bringing a second all-star to Brooklyn, as interested as the Knicks were in bringing Melo. They have the cap room to give Deron an all-star teammate, and that's the original plan. What would make them go with a Gasol/Lopez duo (which would be one of the softest in the NBA) and cripple their salary cap situation for 3-4 years?

Sometimes, you have to stand back and pretend you're the other team's GM before making proposals. While Orlando would make this trade (because Howard could be leaving, and they rid themselves of Gilbert), the Nets would never, ever agree to it...not a chance.

Although I would love nothing more than to witness a Howard, D-Will, Kobe combo... that would never happen outside of my Xbox 360.

#25 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted June 01, 2011 - 05:53 AM

Well now that we got Dwight and Deron, how do we get you some common sense?

:laughing:

#26 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,416 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted June 02, 2011 - 11:57 AM

related topic. Does anyone know where I can trade the garbage in my trashcan for bricks of gold? Stop living in fantasy land, teams and other GMs do not exist to make the team that you root for better.

#27 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted June 02, 2011 - 08:03 PM

related topic. Does anyone know where I can trade the garbage in my trashcan for bricks of gold? Stop living in fantasy land, teams and other GMs do not exist to make the team that you root for better.

I told him this, he seems to think hes smarter than me, you and everybody else though.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, June 02, 2011 - 08:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users