#1 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted May 25, 2011 - 02:28 AM

Deron/Dwight
It's Possible, New Jersey gets a great core. Orlando will get something rather than nothing and they will also get rid of Arena's phat contract. We would have to start LO at pf, unless we can work something else out somewhere else. We still have LO, Ron to trade. I know it's sort of drastic. Of all big 3's that can unite on one team. Who would be able to beat Kobe, D-Will and D12?!

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 25, 2011 - 02:49 AM

You have to pretend you're the Nets GM, and ask yourself why you would trade a young all-star PG (perhaps the best in the NBA, along with CP3) for a 31-year old power forward that has never attempted 15+ FGA/G in a season, ever.

Also, this is a Nets team that would have to start Jordan Farmar at the point, because Gilbert Arenas is too slow to defend at that position nowadays, and he's not a playmaker, at all, because he draws little defensive attention now.

Finally, does New Jersey really take on Gilbert and Gasol's massive deals? New Jersey is more interested in bringing a second all-star to Brooklyn, as interested as the Knicks were in bringing Melo. They have the cap room to give Deron an all-star teammate, and that's the original plan. What would make them go with a Gasol/Lopez duo (which would be one of the softest in the NBA) and cripple their salary cap situation for 3-4 years?

Sometimes, you have to stand back and pretend you're the other team's GM before making proposals. While Orlando would make this trade (because Howard could be leaving, and they rid themselves of Gilbert), the Nets would never, ever agree to it...not a chance.

#3 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 25, 2011 - 06:27 AM

Well now that we got Dwight and Deron, how do we get you some common sense?

#4 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 04:29 PM

With all the interviews Deron has had since his trade I wouldn't think he is committed to that franchise. If I were New Jersey I would think in that sense. Having Gasol/Arenas duo at least they would have each other. Arenas isn't over. He needs to be on a team where he can put up his shots. His confidence would come back at that opportunity. If that trade doesn't work I appologize. I would just like to get rid of Gasol/Bynum while they are worth something. In 2 years, their value will be down and Dwight or Deron's value will be high. I'm tired of Gasol being soft. He will always be soft. I'm tired of reading the paper about all the other teams being hot and Bynum not starting the year or out for x amount of weeks. Ship em out!

#5 b.e.

b.e.

Rookie

• 260 posts
  • Name:Brendon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 25, 2011 - 08:13 PM

Well now that we got Dwight and Deron, how do we get you some common sense?

:laughing: dont be mean
Posted Image

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 09:11 PM

With all the interviews Deron has had since his trade I wouldn't think he is committed to that franchise.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP)—While he cannot comment on any new contract extension due to the pending end of the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement in July, Deron Williams would like to remain with the New Jersey Nets.

Williams, who had wrist surgery Monday after playing just 12 games with the Nets, said that he feels comfortable with the Nets and would like to be part of the organization in the long run.

“I like this organization a lot,” said Williams, the two-time NBA All-Star who was traded by the Utah Jazz to New Jersey in February. “I like the way they’re going. Everyone has made me feel comfortable here. I can definitely see myself staying here. It’s something that will obviously be brought up a lot this summer and a new CBA has to happen before I can even really address it. But once they made the trade for me, they told me that they were going to make me the face of the franchise as they move forward going to Brooklyn.”

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110414/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_nets_wrapup

That was around mid-April, after he was done for the year, and the Nets were statistically eliminated from the playoffs.

Mikhail Prokhorov has the money to spend on another superstar, or all-star, teammate. He doesn't care about the luxury tax right now, and may never care. With CBA questions in the air, Deron Williams will most likely stay for that very reason, if current contracts are set in stone, BUT new contracts have duration and max pay limitations.

If Gasol was 23-24 years old, and if Deron was already talking about another city, or playing with a certain player in a long-term contract on another team...I would think the Nets may be forced to consider trading him. However, his most recent statements have been nothing but positive, he's going to earn the most money in New Jersey (soon to be Brooklyn), he has an owner that will dish out the cash for him, and on top of everything else, he really has no reason to want out.

--------------------

It would be nice to trade anyone on the Lakers for someone like Williams, but the truth is, we don't have anyone of that value at this time...not even Kobe, due to his age. The Nets would pass on any deal we could throw out there, unless we decided to toss our entire core to them, and that's not going to happen.

Would be nice, but the chances he's dealt for anyone other than Dwight or another superstar are slim to none.

#7 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 06:58 AM

http://www.prosports...out-495027.html

I heard the whole interview on espn. It wasn't even a month ago. He did not seem like he was committed to new jersey. he actually dodged the question a few times. This was on May 4th. Whatever, you guys know everything.

#8 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:12 AM

http://www.netsdaily...-me-the-players

http://sorrybrosport...estination.html

All this month.

#9 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:40 AM

http://m.bleacherrep...p-glory/page/11

It's great to see I'm not the only one without common sense.

#10 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 26, 2011 - 10:03 AM

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/695030-help-wanted-ten-players-who-can-return-the-lakers-to-championship-glory/page/11

You and common sense are about as close as eggs and icecream.

Thats the bleacherreport.

Nobody with basketball knowledge takes them seriously.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, May 26, 2011 - 10:04 AM.

#11 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 02:08 PM

And the guy that posts on Kim Kardashian topics is more reputable...anyway, being that you're only 26 I find it hard to believe you remember anything from the 80's let alone enjoyed it. I can't understand how you can claim to be knowledgable of basketball when you were only 10 during the Penny and Shaquille era!? So how would you even recall any great plays or players of the early 90's to the 80's? Watching it on YouTube doesn't count buddy. Unless you sat in the Forum to watch Showtime you shouldn't claim you were a fan since the 80's. You wouldn't of been able to appreciate or understand the intensity of situations unless you were there or old enough to realize what's at stake. You are a tool. You need a life. Maybe a girlfriend/boyfriend(your preference, I know how you kids are!). Go ahead and reply I want to know this pissed you off! ; )

#12 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 26, 2011 - 02:56 PM

And the guy that posts on Kim Kardashian topics is more reputable...anyway, being that you're only 26 I find it hard to believe you remember anything from the 80's let alone enjoyed it. I can't understand how you can claim to be knowledgable of basketball when you were only 10 during the Penny and Shaquille era!? So how would you even recall any great plays or players of the early 90's to the 80's? Watching it on YouTube doesn't count buddy. Unless you sat in the Forum to watch Showtime you shouldn't claim you were a fan since the 80's. You wouldn't of been able to appreciate or understand the intensity of situations unless you were there or old enough to realize what's at stake. You are a tool. You need a life. Maybe a girlfriend/boyfriend(your preference, I know how you kids are!). Go ahead and reply I want to know this pissed you off! ; )

You must of failed psychology miserably with those kind of assumptions. :laughing:

You would of pissed me off more if you cursed at me or something, nice try.

#13 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 06:55 PM

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/deron-williams-considers-options-pending-lockout-495027.html

I heard the whole interview on espn. It wasn't even a month ago. He did not seem like he was committed to new jersey. he actually dodged the question a few times. This was on May 4th. Whatever, you guys know everything.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/695030-help-wanted-ten-players-who-can-return-the-lakers-to-championship-glory/page/11

Why are you being an ass all of a sudden? You'll get blasted for it, eventually.

Deron Williams doesn't talk about the contract extension because the lockout will happen, and players don't want to get into any discussion about it. This is "common sense" and has actually been noted a couple of times by other players in the NBA, and I believe one was Dwight Howard.

Plus, if you're going to act as if you know everything, even if Deron Williams wanted out, there's no way in hell the Nets will trade him for an old Gasol. Sorry. This isn't a video game. The Nets would swipe him with far better talent. Taking Gilbert Arenas as well? LOL, really? He's done. He's shooting poorly, having trouble running an offense, plays absolutely no defense, and has the worst contract in the NBA. There's no way on Earth that Mikhail takes Gilbert's contract, either, and you can quote this and save it for when Deron Williams signs his extension.

If you're looking for respect here, don't jump anyone's ass when you're proposing ridiculous trade ideas. Although I was laughing, I made an attempt to explain why it wouldn't happen, respected your idea, and then you grew angry after you realized you were wrong. That's not my fault. Fix it next time.

#14 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:03 PM

I'd just like to point out the fact that I wasn't the only one thinking it was possible or even an idea. The fact that you posted links that were outdated and seeing that my articles were more recent clearly upset you. So for that I apologize.

#15 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:09 PM

I'd just like to point out the fact that I wasn't the only one thinking it was possible or even an idea. The fact that you posted links that were outdated and seeing that my articles were more recent clearly upset you. So for that I apologize.

Outdated links? Like I said, it was after the Nets were out of playoff contention, and after Deron was done for the season. Nothing has changed since then. As stated over and over again, he has no reason to discuss contract extensions when the CBA is expiring. No team can do anything about it, and neither can the player. Without a new CBA in place, extension limitations are undefined, and owners want to set a different max, shorten the limit of years, etc, and that pisses the players off.

So, what do you have, other than assuming he wants out due to not wanting to talk about an extension? You have nothing, dude, and everyone here will tell you this.

#16 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:22 PM

You know, I actually respected your reply at first. You obviously got upset that I had a rebuttal. He stated himself that they're are major changes that need to be done to the roster if he signs an extension. So until they sign people who aren't out there you are wrong yourself.

#17 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:27 PM

There is a possibility Deron could become a laker but he would have to request a trade to the lakers.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:35 PM

You know, I actually respected your reply at first. You obviously got upset that I had a rebuttal. He stated himself that they're are major changes that need to be done to the roster if he signs an extension. So until they sign people who aren't out there you are wrong yourself.

What rebuttal? The only thing you've told us is that you assume he doesn't want to stay, based on...not wanting to talk about an extension.

But, okay. Like I said, we'll revisit this topic very soon. Bookmark it.

#19 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:37 PM

Real deal I apologize. I'm just a fan. It will be difficult to get Deron unless Jerry West was gm. I think pg11 is right. Both parties would have to want it to happen. I just wanted to point out I wasn't the only one thinking it. Cheers.

#20 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted May 26, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Just to clarify, I wasn't mad at you replying and stating your opinion. That's actually what I want, or else the topic has one or two replies, total. We've had a couple of disrespectful members here, and I'm trying to eliminate that from the board. I saw what was said to you at first, and I was going to let you get in a reply before I went ahead and shut it down, but it sounded like you were directing your reply to everyone (by saying "you guys" and then the reply about common sense -- which I assumed would be thrown at Magic).

Sure, Deron could want out, just like anyone in the NBA...but it would be unlikely, with the CBA issues at hand, and the fact that the Nets have a max contract waiting for another all-star AND have told D-Will they are going to build around him. Williams wanted out of Utah (despite what he says) because they were letting go and trading teammates he wanted to keep (Brewer was one of his best friends, he hated losing Matthews, and with Boozer gone, the load was too heavy). Utah started focusing on the money, and Deron knew that would be a problem down the road. Once Sloan left, and fingers were pointing at him, I'm pretty sure he was happy to leave the Jazz.

Brooklyn is where he wants to be. I'm sure he wouldn't mind Los Angeles, either, but he's not going to complain because the Lakers have a core that's still able to contend, while the Nets are willing to do whatever Deron asks, pay him the most money, and basically hand him the keys. He played around 10-12 games with them, and that's it. If he were done in New Jersey/Brooklyn, it would be one of the most shocking things in basketball history (for a superstar).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users