Photo

Pistons Inquire With Bucks On Brandon Jennings Sign-And-Trade (Pg. 2)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,379 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted May 22, 2011 - 11:27 AM

Bucks "Open" To Trading Brandon Jennings

Brandon+Jennings+Milwaukee+Bucks+v+Atlan

Milwaukee Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings had the definition of a sophomore slump. After being a strong contender for 2010 Rookie of the Year, Jennings had a tough second campaign. He suffered a serious foot injury in December, lashed out at teammates and management in April and saw his stats take a big hit as he struggled to adjust to extra defensive attention. His team took a step backwards too, returning to the NBA Draft Lottery.

Has that series of events soured the Bucks on the idea of Jennings as their point guard of the future?

The Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports from the Chicago pre-draft combine that Jennings is not untouchable. "The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly would be open to listening to offers for guard Brandon Jennings," the paper notes.

The biggest issue for Milwaukee last season is that they simply couldn't score the ball efficiently, ranking dead last in the NBA in offensive efficiency. Fixing that predicament generally begins with an assessment of the point guard situation, and while Jennings is incredibly crafty off the dribble his tendency to take ill-advised three-pointers when he averaged just 32.3% from deep is an efficiency killer. His assist numbers also fell -- to 4.8 assists per game -- and Milwaukee was ranked in the bottom five for assist rate, a fact that speaks to their lack of quality looks.

As for trading him? Getting back equal value for a young point guard who has yet to reach his potential and is still on a rookie deal will not be an easy task and the Bucks don't have another starting-quality option to turn the team over to.

In other words, the chances are pretty good that Jennings stays put unless he burned some bridges with his comments in April. To make this work, the Bucks need to surround Jennings with better shooters and find a way to get through to him that he needs to exercise some better shot selection.

http://www.cbssports...748484/29487722

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, July 17, 2013 - 10:14 AM.

Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#2 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 12:26 PM

Do it Mitch!

Posted Image

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,970 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 22, 2011 - 02:28 PM

Some people are not high on him because he plays like a two guard, but I could see the Lakers making a run at him.

#4 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted May 22, 2011 - 02:28 PM

:o seriously? GET HIM NOW, NOW, RIGHT NOW!

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#5 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,370 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted May 22, 2011 - 02:30 PM

:o seriously? GET HIM NOW, NOW, RIGHT NOW!

i agree, for Bynum.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,970 posts

Posted May 22, 2011 - 02:54 PM

i agree, for Bynum.

Definitely not.

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,999 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 22, 2011 - 02:56 PM

walton/blake/pick for jennings
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#8 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted May 22, 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'd do it if it was for any of are bench players besides Lamar

#9 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,295 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted May 22, 2011 - 03:11 PM

Artest Shannon for him and throw in right now

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#10 Big Dogg #34

Big Dogg #34

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Nick van Exel

Posted May 22, 2011 - 03:47 PM

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=4yp3fqc

#11 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,295 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:33 PM

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=4yp3fqc

Wouldn't give Lamar

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#12 b.e.

b.e.

Rookie

• 260 posts
  • Name:Brendon

Posted May 22, 2011 - 06:38 PM

Definitely not.

+1 lol

No way in HELL
Posted Image

#13 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted May 24, 2011 - 12:58 PM

I would trade any of our core players (Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Bynum) for him. At this point I don't even know what the guys upside is, he hasn't improved one bit from last season. And the last thing we need is a player who demands the ball in his hands so much.

Posted Image

#14 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,370 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted May 24, 2011 - 01:06 PM

Definitely not.

He's not free but ok, and no they dont want Odom

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#15 lakersfan22

lakersfan22

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:D. Fish, Sasha Vujacic

Posted May 24, 2011 - 08:09 PM

Bynum is obviously our best (maybe only) trade asset.....If he can't be used to get Dwight, I think Bynum can be traded for both Iguodola and Jennings.

Somethig like this: http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3e5nafg

The Sixers need a big man, that's clear. If the Bucks are truly discontent with Jennings, they can try to weasle away last year's 2nd overall pick from the Sixers. Since the Sixers have Jrue Holiday, Jodie Meeks, and Lou Williams in the backcourt, I don't think the team will be affected too bad by giving up Evans. Lakers need to get younger and boost their perimeter defense. Andre and Jennings help solve that. Jennings had tough year.....some injuries + really bad teammates. He's got a lot of potential.

#16 marky

marky

Rookie

• 19 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted June 01, 2011 - 03:42 AM

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3r7v93u
I'd offer Luke, but nobody wants him.

Edited by marky, June 01, 2011 - 03:43 AM.

#17 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,379 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:11 AM

Brandon Jennings Would Consider Leaving Milwaukee For Bigger Market

Posted Image

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magazine

Brandon Jennings, the Milwaukee Bucks' leading scorer, told ESPN.com Thursday he will strongly consider leaving Milwaukee for one of the league's larger markets once his rookie contract ends.

"I am going to keep my options open, knowing that the time is coming up,'' Jennings said in an email interview. "I'm doing my homework on big-market teams.''

Jennings, 22, is in his third NBA season and will be eligible to sign a long-term contract extension with Milwaukee this summer. Jennings can become an unrestricted free agent in 2014 if he signs a qualifying offer after next season.

Although he has not established himself as an All-Star or maximum-salaried player, he's led the Bucks in scoring the past two seasons and currently has them in playoff contention despite the loss of center Andrew Bogut to injury.

Jennings' exciting style of play has invigorated the Bucks' fan base, and Milwaukee's management views him as a building block. But the point guard is not ready to commit to the franchise long-term.

"I'm not saying I won't (sign an extension with the Bucks) and I'm not saying I will,'' he said. "I'm just keeping my options open.''

Jennings' desire to play in a more prestigious market follows the league trend that began when LeBron James and Chris Bosh left Cleveland and Toronto, respectively, for Miami in 2010.

Since then, Carmelo Anthony has forced a trade from Denver to New York; Chris Paul forced a trade from New Orleans to Los Angeles; and Orlando's Dwight Howard has requested that the Magic trade him to the New Jersey Nets, who are moving to Brooklyn next season.

Jennings is not in the class of those players, but he said their decisions have influenced him.

"When you start seeing other players like Dwight Howard or CP3, you start thinking,'' said Jennings, who is averaging 18.9 points and 5.3 assists for the Bucks.

Jennings, a native of Los Angeles, said he has no problem with the Bucks' organization and that he is thankful for being drafted by Milwaukee with the 10th pick in 2009. He had struggled while playing one season in Italy directly out of high school, and while other clubs soured on him, the Bucks made him a lottery pick.

"It has nothing to do with the city of Milwaukee or anything like that because that's where I started my career,'' Jennings said. "They've been nothing but good to me. (Coach) Scott Skiles and (general manager) John Hammond have been good to me. It's just that I'm understanding the business of basketball now.''

Jennings did not address specific issues about the Bucks' team and organization, but sources close to the situation said he is frustrated with the direction of the franchise. Bogut, the Bucks' second-best player, has been injury-prone, missing 30 games in Jennings' first two seasons. The center has played only 12 games this season and is currently sidelined by an ankle injury that could cost him the rest of the season.

Stephen Jackson, another one of the Bucks' top players, wants out of Milwaukee unless the club gives him a contract extension, according to sources, and the rest of the Bucks' roster is made up of journeymen.

Despite leading Milwaukee to victories over Miami (twice) and the Los Angeles Lakers, Jennings did not make the Eastern Conference All-Star team.

Jennings insisted that his play and effort will not be adversely affected by his reservations about staying in Milwaukee for the long haul,

"I'm going to keep playing hard every night for the Bucks as long as I'm there,'' Jennings said. "I'm not promising that's where my future will be. I will make sure me and (agent Bill Duffy) look at all the best options.''

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7560912/milwaukee-bucks-brandon-jennings-doing-homework-big-market-teams

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, March 12, 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#18 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm not surprised that this noise comes from this guy - it strikes me as a little premature and cocky, this dude is a solid player if you like Iverson styled point guards but he's nowhere near the caliber of guys that get to call their shots. Prove something other than putting up slightly above average starting PG numbers on a bad team, play out your 4 years and THEN talk like this.

Before any of you get excited - Mitch isn't stupid enough to turn over the reins to a knucklehead like this guy.

#19 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,089 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:24 AM

Interesting, but thats what the league is becoming, all players wanting to play in big market cities and team up with others not a surprise seems like every trade deadline that we have from now on will have some drama with an unhappy player.

Posted Image

#20 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted February 10, 2012 - 09:43 AM

you're stuck in Milwaukee for about 5 more years Brandon

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users