Photo

IDEA:Lakers get Ramon Sessions

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: IDEA:Lakers get Ramon Sessions (5 member(s) have cast votes)

Good trade?

1. Yes! (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No! (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2011 - 06:11 PM

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=4yz6dvt

Lakers are pretty much getting Ramon Sessions with the exception of Devin Ebanks. This is what the Lakers need..a young and decent poinguard.

Sessions/Fisher/Blake
Bryant/Brown/Johnson
Artest/Barnes
Gasol/Odom/Caracter
Bynum/Smith

Cavs would get Shawn Marion and Ebanks since their SF depth is pretty weak. Since they are most likely going to draft Kyrye Irving as the 1st pick, Ramon Sessions would have to leave since the PG spot will be full. Trading him will save the Cavs some cap space. They also get a young Mahinmi replacing Varejao.

Irving/Davis/Beauobis/Gibson
Parker/Harris/Gee
Marion/Harandogy
Jamison/Samuels
Hickson/Hollins/Mahinmi

Mavs would do this since their bench at the PF is weak. Trading Marion and Beuobis is good because their PG and SF spots are already stacked with Kidd, Barea, Butler, Peja, and Brewer.

Kidd/Barea
Stevenson/Terry/Brewer
Butler/Peja/Brewer
Dirk/Varejao/Cardinal
Chandler/Haywood

EDIT: Instead of Sessions, Gibson can be traded. I'd prefer Sessions though.

Edited by ツ  , May 19, 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 06:15 PM

Bumped this thread since it did not get a single reply in weeks.

Edited by ツ  , May 30, 2011 - 06:15 PM.

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,565 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 30, 2011 - 11:08 PM

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4yz6dvt

Lakers are pretty much getting Ramon Sessions with the exception of Devin Ebanks. This is what the Lakers need..a young and decent poinguard.

Sessions/Fisher/Blake
Bryant/Brown/Johnson
Artest/Barnes
Gasol/Odom/Caracter
Bynum/Smith

Cavs would get Shawn Marion and Ebanks since their SF depth is pretty weak. Since they are most likely going to draft Kyrye Irving as the 1st pick, Ramon Sessions would have to leave since the PG spot will be full. Trading him will save the Cavs some cap space. They also get a young Mahinmi replacing Varejao.

Irving/Davis/Beauobis/Gibson
Parker/Harris/Gee
Marion/Harandogy
Jamison/Samuels
Hickson/Hollins/Mahinmi

Mavs would do this since their bench at the PF is weak. Trading Marion and Beuobis is good because their PG and SF spots are already stacked with Kidd, Barea, Butler, Peja, and Brewer.

Kidd/Barea
Stevenson/Terry/Brewer
Butler/Peja/Brewer
Dirk/Varejao/Cardinal
Chandler/Haywood

EDIT: Instead of Sessions, Gibson can be traded. I'd prefer Sessions though.

The Trade Scenario you posted seems ok, i guess, but i do not think Sessions is a good fit for the Lakers.
He is a typical Pick-and-roll player who doesn't play well without the ball, and doesn't shoot well, and on a team like the Lakers where the ball is in Kobe's hands the PG should be able to knock down the open shoot.
I'd much rather try to sign/trade for Goran Dragic, or try to trade for Lou Williams, Kyle Lowry, Raymond Felton or Ty Lawson.
Perhaps this one would work:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3fd2nd9

#4 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 12:10 PM

The Trade Scenario you posted seems ok, i guess, but i do not think Sessions is a good fit for the Lakers.
He is a typical Pick-and-roll player who doesn't play well without the ball, and doesn't shoot well, and on a team like the Lakers where the ball is in Kobe's hands the PG should be able to knock down the open shoot.
I'd much rather try to sign/trade for Goran Dragic, or try to trade for Lou Williams, Kyle Lowry, Raymond Felton or Ty Lawson.
Perhaps this one would work:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3fd2nd9

I guess that's true, but I also added that instead of Sessions, Gibson could be added. He's a good 3 point shooter and still young.

That trade of yours looks neat, Cavs are drafting Kyrie Irving so Baron Davis won't do good, and getting Ron will boost their defense.

#5 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 14, 2011 - 05:07 PM

Why are people so infatuated by Ramon Sessions? He couldn't even start on the worst team in the league, why would I want him on my team. Everytime his name comes up in trade rumors people start salivating like hes all-NBA first team. Reminds me of a couple years back when people were saying that we should trade for Earl Watson, Antonio Daniels, or Speedy Claxton. All decent players at one point in time, but no way should they have been starting for the Lakers. The same with Sessions, I'd rather have Felton as our PG, he's proven that he could run a team in this league.

#6 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,565 posts

Posted June 14, 2011 - 10:53 PM

Why are people so infatuated by Ramon Sessions? He couldn't even start on the worst team in the league, why would I want him on my team. Everytime his name comes up in trade rumors people start salivating like hes all-NBA first team. Reminds me of a couple years back when people were saying that we should trade for Earl Watson, Antonio Daniels, or Speedy Claxton. All decent players at one point in time, but no way should they have been starting for the Lakers. The same with Sessions, I'd rather have Felton as our PG, he's proven that he could run a team in this league.

Well, he is an extremely good passer, but he cant shoot. The Lakers do not need a good passer, they need a PG who can defend, shoot 3's, play without the ball and destroy the defense by driving the lane. Sessions is not that guy!

#7 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,693 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 01:44 PM

At least he's better than a 36 year old Fisher and Blake who didn't show up for [expletive].

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,565 posts

Posted June 15, 2011 - 10:34 PM

At least he's better than a 36 year old Fisher and Blake who didn't show up for [expletive].

He is better than both of these guys, no doubt.

But he is still a poor fit on the squad. Sessions would be an excellent fit on a PG-run team. The Lakers is not a such team.

#9 Mr.know.it.all

Mr.know.it.all

Rookie

• 759 posts
  • Name:Superior Mastiffs
  • Fan Since:1970

Posted June 16, 2011 - 08:48 AM

He is better than both of these guys, no doubt.

But he is still a poor fit on the squad. Sessions would be an excellent fit on a PG-run team. The Lakers is not a such team.

We need a quick point guard that can shoot and play D

#10 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 16, 2011 - 12:15 PM

I still like Ray Felton, really good player in the pick and roll (him and Gasol would be an awesome P & R combo) and pretty decent defender too. He could also hit the open shot and seems to play with alot of passion, which the Lakers definitely need. Denver doesn't really need him with Lawson starting, maybe they'd send him and Birdman our way for Odom and Blake. Hate too get rid of Odom but besides free agency thats the only way we could get a good PG.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users