Photo

Lakers/Jazz trade.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 23, 2011 - 07:29 PM

I don't think Jazz are looking to help the Lakers. I just think Devin is not that valuable. Looks at how he's been since half way through the 08/09 season. He's been mediocre. I think he's been mediocre and he's old enough that the Jazz might give him up just for a big salary dump since he's not going to do much for them anyway.

I've come to a conclusion that either you are insane or you don't read what you write.

You want to trade Lamar Odom who is finally playing good for Devin Harris who you
think is quote 'mediocre'?

Is your name David Khan? :blink:

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, May 23, 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#22 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,971 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 23, 2011 - 08:30 PM

He's been mediocre compared to how I thought you were thinking of him. From what you were saying, I thought you were thinking of him as an all-star. He's not as good as that.

Like you said, point guards are worth more than Lamar's role on the team. Although Devin Harris doesn't seem as good as Lamar overall currently, he's filling a bigger role. I don't think it's a big advantage either way though. But, you were hyping up Devin Harris greatly. So, I think I overstated how bad he is. They're overall both starting quality players. Not stars, but quality starters.

Man, at first you said the Jazz would never give up Devin Harris for just Lamar Odom, now he's too valuable? Somebody help me out here. Am I getting trolled? Not to be rude, but it feels like it.

Edited by Japago, May 23, 2011 - 08:38 PM.

Posted Image

#23 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 24, 2011 - 08:53 AM

He's been mediocre compared to how I thought you were thinking of him. From what you were saying, I thought you were thinking of him as an all-star. He's not as good as that.

Like you said, point guards are worth more than Lamar's role on the team. Although Devin Harris doesn't seem as good as Lamar overall currently, he's filling a bigger role. I don't think it's a big advantage either way though. But, you were hyping up Devin Harris greatly. So, I think I overstated how bad he is. They're overall both starting quality players. Not stars, but quality starters.

Man, at first you said the Jazz would never give up Devin Harris for just Lamar Odom, now he's too valuable? Somebody help me out here. Am I getting trolled? Not to be rude, but it feels like it.

I dont see any quotes where I "hyped up" Devin Harris, what are you talking about? :laughing:

When did I say or hint that Devin Harris is all-star material? I didnt even pull up so much as a statsheet.

I also re-read my posts to look and see if I possibly forgot (being a stoner and all) that I said Lamar Odom is too valuable
and guess what? I never said that either so what the **** are you talking about? :huh:

Have you even noticed everybody that posted their two cents doesn't agrees with you? :hmm:

You aren't being trolled you idiot, because after this I just wont respond to your comments,
you are by far the stupidest most delusional glass dick eater that has ever posted a trade idea.

You make that smiley faced **** that usually has terrible repeated trade posts seem like a genious.

Enjoy your solitude.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, May 24, 2011 - 08:54 AM.

#24 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,971 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 10:26 AM

If you had Devin Harris would you seriously give him up for Lamar Odom when you dont need a Lamar Odom and your team doesnt
benifit from a Lamar Odom?

Be real dude, start thinking.

This is what I was referring to. I got from this is why I thought you thought he was still a star. My bad if you didn't. Chill. I'm just trying to understand. The whole time, I was just trying to bring down Devin from the thought of him being an all-star. Overall, I think they're close overall. I'm saying the Jazz don't need either for the future because they are both old. With Odom, they can at least shed that money after next season. This is all I'm saying. Period. That's it.

If I'm clearly wrong, and I don't see it. That's fine. Getting heated on the internet, that's :laughing:.

Edited by Japago, May 24, 2011 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 25, 2011 - 08:48 AM

This is what I was referring to. I got from this is why I thought you thought he was still a star. My bad if you didn't. Chill. I'm just trying to understand. The whole time, I was just trying to bring down Devin from the thought of him being an all-star. Overall, I think they're close overall. I'm saying the Jazz don't need either for the future because they are both old. With Odom, they can at least shed that money after next season. This is all I'm saying. Period. That's it.

If I'm clearly wrong, and I don't see it. That's fine. Getting heated on the internet, that's :laughing:.

Devin was a peice they got back for Deron, the Jazz replaced Deron with Devin; because the jazz are rebuilding you think
they would take Lamar Odom for Devin because LO can be dumped?

So the Jazz give up their best point guard (right now) for LO simply because they are rebuilding, when did the Jazz say
that Devin was on the trade block or that they planned to trade Devin away for salary relief?

That is why your trade makes no sense to me, the Jazz to my knowledge haven't hinted they want to rid themselves of Devin.

Personally I want Devin too, but its not happening because they dont want LO; don't need LO and making the Lakers better
doesnt win you brownie points with the fanbase in Utah after already losing Deron Williams and head coach Jerry Sloan.

Understand?

#26 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,971 posts

Posted May 25, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Devin was a peice they got back for Deron, the Jazz replaced Deron with Devin; because the jazz are rebuilding you think
they would take Lamar Odom for Devin because LO can be dumped?

I think this is the key part we disagree with. I think they would consider it because he's already too old to be a part of their future plans (turns 29 next season). They need to compete soon to take advantage of him. They don't look like they're going to compete any time soon. I think Favors and the draft picks were the main part of the deal anyway.

What difference does being slightly better right now do if you can make yourself better when they have a competitive team? Getting rid of Lamar's contract would give them a ton of cap space. And even though they won't be a prime destination, they can trade for talent with that cap space ala Minnesota with Beasley or Memphis with Z-Bo. This coming free agent season is a really good one, so there will be lots of teams looking to unload salary even if they have to give up really good players.

I don't think making the Lakers better would matter because they have to do what's best for themselves.

Edited by Japago, May 25, 2011 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image

#27 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 25, 2011 - 09:24 AM

I think this is the key part we disagree with. I think they would consider it because he's already too old to be a part of their future plans (turns 29 next season). They need to compete soon to take advantage of him. They don't look like they're going to compete any time soon. I think Favors and the draft picks were the main part of the deal anyway.

What difference does being slightly better right now do if you can make yourself better when they have a competitive team? Getting rid of Lamar's contract would give them a ton of cap space. And even though they won't be a prime destination, they can trade for talent with that cap space ala Minnesota with Beasley or Memphis with Z-Bo. This coming free agent season is a really good one, so there will be lots of teams looking to unload salary even if they have to give up really good players.

I don't think making the Lakers better would matter because they have to do what's best for themselves.

Well, if it makes you feel better I hope this trade would happen. I just seriously dont think it would :(

#28 Mega X Chiefs .

Mega X Chiefs .

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Hometown team, but I truly became a fan after Shaq left.
  • Fav. Laker:Magic..it's Showtime!

Posted May 25, 2011 - 01:57 PM

Hell no?

I got FIVE RINGS, headed to the next hand..
That means FIVE THINGS, better than the next man..

#29 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 27, 2011 - 07:24 PM

Nah, you just swear the Jazz are looking to help us out.

When we got Pau Gasol it was because of Jerry West's help, is Jerry West pulling strings over in Utah? No.

So we aren't getting Devin for Lamar unless the Lakers move out of the Western Confrence over to the East,
no team in the west would pull the trigger on your trade because they aren't looking to help the Lakers get
more championships unless we have $$$ or some 1st round draft picks for them and we have neither.

Every team out there would rather have a Lamar Odom than a Devin Harris on their team. Harris may be younger (by a whoppin 3 years) but Odoms the better shooter, defender, and I'd even say the better passer of the two, not to mention Harris is always hurt and PG's dont afe as well as forwards. You guys are going back and forth over whos better when the answer is obvious. This argument is moot anyways, Lakers would never trade Odom straight up for Harris.

#30 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted May 27, 2011 - 09:46 PM

I've come to a conclusion that either you are insane or you don't read what you write.

You want to trade Lamar Odom who is finally playing good for Devin Harris who you
think is quote 'mediocre'?

Is your name David Khan?
:blink:

:laughing: made me lol

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#31 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:46 AM

Every team out there would rather have a Lamar Odom than a Devin Harris on their team. Harris may be younger (by a whoppin 3 years) but Odoms the better shooter, defender, and I'd even say the better passer of the two, not to mention Harris is always hurt and PG's dont afe as well as forwards. You guys are going back and forth over whos better when the answer is obvious. This argument is moot anyways, Lakers would never trade Odom straight up for Harris.

Your arguement is moot simply because you are throwing facts in there that aren't facts, they are your own oppinions.

Odom a better passer than a point guard? :laughing:

Every team would want a LO over a Devin Harris? So every team in the league needs forwards?
You learn something new everyday. :rolleyes:

LO has better on-ball defense than Devin Harris? Whoa, why isnt LO playing point for us?
You are make him sound like Magic Johnson :laughing:

#32 Chadious

Chadious

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • Name:Chad Shimabukuro
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted May 30, 2011 - 09:34 PM

Trade Idea:

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=3du4uxm

Lakers get:

Al Jefferson
Devin Harris
Paul Milsap
Jeremy Evans

Jazz get:

Pau Gasol
Lamar Odom

I got my cap info here:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

I like it for the Lakers because it upgrades the PG while also still having a 2nd go to guy. Devin Harris isn't a great shooter, but he can get to the lane. He can also play defense. Paul Milsap is also a good 6th man who can do some of the things Lamar can. Al Jefferson can also play some C.

For Utah, it clears $4 mil in cap right away and it clears about $12 mil in salary after next season if they don't pick up Lamar's option. They do have to pay an extra season for Pau, but it clears more money in a good free agency class. After the trade, Utah would only have $29.5 mil on the books for that class assuming they decline Lamar's option and accept Favors' and Hayward's options. It all comes down to whether they want Al Jefferson as a building block. But, he's more of a PF and they already have Derrick Favors. Devin is a bit older than you would want as a piece to rebuild with.

The most important part of this trade is that the Utah Jazz will not be willing to also accept Khloe, pig face, Kardasian in such a trade for Lamar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users