Western Conference Finals: (3) Dallas Mavericks vs (4) OKC Thunder

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#141 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:14 PM

but i always "miss the point" and "like to argue" and basically have no clue about anything LOL

So because pg11 said it that means it's right and means you were right.

U argue for the sake of arguing.

I remember big fish saying how a normal game for Lebron is 30 points and you just decided to get into an argument with him about it.

Smh you just post to see yourself post. It takes a lot to bother me on this website but people who just argue for the sake of arguing is definitely one of them.
Posted Image

#142 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:17 PM

They won a championship in 99. They wwon 50+ almost every year and still were able to pick up Parker and Ginobili in the late rounds who turned out to be all stars. Tell me one smart pick we made late in the 1st round that came any where near all star worthy.

Its funny they also picked up Luis Scola but they had to give him away because of a contract dispute. Go figure they have drafted very well

But San Antonio was never a dynasty. When you win for a consecutive amount of time you just can't draft well consistently because the talent isn't there.

Sam Antonio is a great drafting team but the lakers have more titles this decade. So who's doing a better Kobe LA or san antonio
Posted Image

#143 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:20 PM

If Caron Butler can come back for DAL that would be a huge boost.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#144 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:21 PM

They won a championship in 99. They wwon 50+ almost every year and still were able to pick up Parker and Ginobili in the late rounds who turned out to be all stars. Tell me one smart pick we made late in the 1st round that came any where near all star worthy.

Its funny they also picked up Luis Scola but they had to give him away because of a contract dispute. Go figure they have drafted very well

Ship in 99? So what does that prove? When you have to trade the most dominant player (ShaQ) then you can expect a large speed bump unless you believe in Magic and he retired a long time ago.

Lakers didn't have a 1st round pic in 99. How many 1st round pics did we have? How many late rounders make it in the NBA? Again u need to have some logical perspective about drafting and nba basketball. I see you only rely on SAS as an example and no one else and even that doesn't verify your point.
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#145 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:22 PM

If Caron Butler can come back for DAL that would be a huge boost.

Maybe. But he's not gonna have any timing and may disrupt chemistry.
Posted Image

#146 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:27 PM

Yea DAL's rotations is already set but considering there's gonna be a lot of whistles, some spot minutes and inspired play for 10-15 mins from Butler would be good

SAS may not be a dynasty but they won 4 in 7 years. Most successful after us so they must've done something right...draft happened to be the biggest resrouce

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#147 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:36 PM

Yea DAL's rotations is already set but considering there's gonna be a lot of whistles, some spot minutes and inspired play for 10-15 mins from Butler would be good

SAS may not be a dynasty but they won 4 in 7 years. Most successful after us so they must've done something right...draft happened to be the biggest resrouce

Well certainly the Lakers couldn't draft Duncan that year and didn't have a pic to draft Parker. So they missed out on the needle in the haystack (Ginobli). Besides the SAS what NBA team is such a great late round draft meister?
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#148 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:45 PM

Of course San Antonio was successful in their approach. You have to luck into championship rosters. San Antonio lucked out by getting a pick they weren't supposed to and landing Duncan. Ginobili was a once in a decade steal.

Lakers lucked out in getting Kobe, shaq, and gasol.

Different paths but which was more successful. San antonio has drafted much better than us but who's future is brighter. I would argue the lakers.

Mitchs only mistakes are done in haste. I believe he's done about as close to the best he can without being perfect
Posted Image

#149 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 09:50 PM

Well certainly the Lakers couldn't draft Duncan that year and didn't have a pic to draft Parker. So they missed out on the needle in the haystack (Ginobli). Besides the SAS what NBA team is such a great late round draft meister?

You keep missing the point. Whatever

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#150 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 10:36 PM

Thinking back to this game, it reminded me of Lakers/Orlando game 4...Orlando had a very nice lead, and really choked at the end of regulation by giving Fisher a three. With both games, you just KNEW that the other team was done before overtime even started.

Edited by leor_77, May 23, 2011 - 10:36 PM.

#151 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 10:46 PM

Dirk is the best closer in the game today. Sorry Kobe.

Hope Kobe can recapture his magic from the past and take the closer title back. Dirk has been great this postseason closing games so credit to him.

#152 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,519 posts

Posted May 23, 2011 - 10:56 PM

I'm guessing the team will not join Durant at his house to watch film of this game.

#153 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:05 AM

Dirk is GOAT right now. Not even LeBron and Wade can stop him from getting his very first championship. Now, Dirk's teammates are making shot after shot.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#154 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted May 24, 2011 - 11:05 AM

Durant is the dumbest shooter of all time when it comes down to the last shot dude will pull up from half court.

Ball should've been in Westbrook's hand the last possession.

#155 b.e.

b.e.

Rookie

• 260 posts
  • Name:Brendon

Posted May 24, 2011 - 12:58 PM

Dirk is GOAT right now. Not even LeBron and Wade can stop him from getting his very first championship. Now, Dirk's teammates are making shot after shot.

haha coming from the same guy who said he'd trade gasol and kobe for dirk :laughing:
Posted Image

#156 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 24, 2011 - 01:57 PM

Durant is the dumbest shooter of all time when it comes down to the last shot dude will pull up from half court.

Ball should've been in Westbrook's hand the last possession.

Durant has terrible shot selection in the clutch, but so does Westbrook. I think James Harden makes better decisions in the clutch than either of them, which is pretty sad.

#157 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted May 24, 2011 - 03:24 PM

Harden fouling out IMO lost them the game. No way was OKC gonna win in overtime, they all looked like they had seen a ghost lol smh...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

• 40,556 posts

Posted May 24, 2011 - 05:45 PM

I completely agree. Might be a risk not quite worth it. Cliche coming: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

yo.

#159 Mega X Chiefs .

Mega X Chiefs .

Rookie

• 72 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Hometown team, but I truly became a fan after Shaq left.
  • Fav. Laker:Magic..it's Showtime!

Posted May 25, 2011 - 05:54 PM

Harden fouling out IMO lost them the game. No way was OKC gonna win in overtime, they all looked like they had seen a ghost lol smh...

^ Agreed. They just showed a stat that said Dallas went on a 25-6 run after he fouled out, and it's known that he's their best playmaker.

I'd like to think Dirk and Co. can beat The Three [expletive]s, but they have the best 2-4 players in the series (assuming Dirk > ).

I got FIVE RINGS, headed to the next hand..
That means FIVE THINGS, better than the next man..

#160 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted May 25, 2011 - 05:57 PM

James Harden flops as much as anyone else in the league lol. It's getting to point where its super obvious and annoying.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users