Photo

NBA's most popular figure: KOOOOOBEEEE!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 08, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Cheered jubilantly in Asia's widest populated nation, China, during the recently-concluded Beijing Olympic games.

In Europe, the best jersey-seller as unleashed by the NBA official website.

Love him or hate him, there ain't anything you can take away. No. Not his greatness and massive appeal overseas.

Transcending the the high-profile hoops icons such as Dwyane Wade, Kevin Garnett, and LeBron James, Kobe Bryant indisputably is the NBA's best known player worldwide.

Let the lucrative stats in terms of jersey sales and the loudest charge of decibels out of multitude of enthusiastic admirers from a distance speak for themselves.

If you mind, my dear readers, may I know your candid opinion about Kobe? Him basically as a player, a person. Would you mind expand your thoughts and explain why you feel that way about the man.

I just would like to know.

CLICK

#2 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 08, 2008 - 12:53 PM

Kobe did have his number changed 2 seasons ago which definitely help boost sales...

#3 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 08, 2008 - 07:24 PM

Kobe did have his number changed 2 seasons ago which definitely help boost sales...

Same can be said for KG's jersey, that's why it's at no.2.

#4 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 09, 2008 - 10:10 AM

Same can be said for KG's jersey, that's why it's at no.2.

Yea of course. Any popular player who changes teams or numbers will see a huge jump in the sales. It doesn't actually mean that he's the "most popular". Mind you, I'm not arguing that Kobe ISN'T the most popular player, because I'm sure he is, I'm just saying there are other reasons why his jersey sales are so high, not just because of popularity. For example, if next year LeBron decides to leave the Cavs, I'm sure his new jersey will have a huge increase, and will probably be the #1 seller, but it won't mean he's more popular than Kobe.

#5 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 09, 2008 - 10:43 AM

Yea of course. Any popular player who changes teams or numbers will see a huge jump in the sales. It doesn't actually mean that he's the "most popular". Mind you, I'm not arguing that Kobe ISN'T the most popular player, because I'm sure he is, I'm just saying there are other reasons why his jersey sales are so high, not just because of popularity. For example, if next year LeBron decides to leave the Cavs, I'm sure his new jersey will have a huge increase, and will probably be the #1 seller, but it won't mean he's more popular than Kobe.

Yeap. Actually my previous reply covered both.

KG's jersey is no.2, but doesn't succeed Kobe at no.1, even if he just changed team last season, it isn't enough to overtake Kobe's at no.1 even though Kobe changed to 24 2 seasons ago.

:mad:

Edit: I think KG topped jersey sales this season within NBA, again, due to the change of course, with Kobe coming in at 2nd.

Edited by lyk13, October 09, 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#6 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 09, 2008 - 09:03 PM

Eww green and white. Nothing beats purple and gold. :rock:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.