3 replies to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 29, 2008 - 08:58 AM

Article make sense this is a pipe dram no way we are getting Josh Smith & Phoenix were the closet team to pull of a Sign & Trade DEAL for Josh Smith
Source

Childress's agent, Lon Babby, confirmed that. "Phoenix was as close as we came to getting something done on a sign-and-trade. But I never got the sense that the Hawks were interested in that route."

Pulling off a sign-and-trade, of course, means taking back salary roughly the equivalent of the first year of the signee's new contract. The Hawks could make a deal that would send Smith away - perhaps to the Los Angeles Lakers for Lamar Odom, one of the rumored deals out there -- here's what Atlanta would really be getting in that case: one year of Odom, at $14.5 million. His contract is up after this year, and the Hawks would probably lose Odom next summer.

If they keep Smith, they will either force him to reduce his salary demands or force him to accept a one-year tender offer. Because Smith was a fairly low draft pick (No. 17), his one-year deal would be just $3.1 million. Why trade Smith away for one year of Odom at $14.5 million when you could keep Smith for one year at $3.1 million?

Sure, a ticked-off Smith might not be good for team chemistry. But Odom would be ticked off about such a trade, too. He'd be much more expensive, and it does not seem that the Hawks are keen on throwing money around at this point. It's hard to see how a sign-and-trade would work here.
Posted Image

#2 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• 82 posts

Posted July 29, 2008 - 09:24 AM

Mitch was on the radio today, shot that rumor down.

#3 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted July 29, 2008 - 09:54 AM

Mitch was on the radio today, shot that rumor down.

really Rick i appreciate if you can get the interview some how or some way man i want to hear so if you can please post the interview on here thank you
Posted Image

#4 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted July 29, 2008 - 09:59 AM

i hope PHX does NOT get JS
seems unlikely tho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users