#2 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted May 10, 2011 - 02:26 PM

I am surprised by how decent this trade is. Good one.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#3 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 10, 2011 - 02:33 PM

I am surprised by how decent this trade is. Good one.

HOLY [expletive] FINALLY A GOOD REPLY!

#4 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted May 10, 2011 - 02:43 PM

I like this trade. Seems good for all teams involved, most of all us.
Getting both Iggy and Howard to L.A would be sick.Only player missing would be Chris Paul.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 10, 2011 - 02:43 PM

that aint bad to me.
Having Igodoula or however its spelled would help KB keep his legs.
But were still wide open at the 1 with nothing left to offer.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 10, 2011 - 02:45 PM

You have to find a way to include a bad contract in there for Orlando. There's absolutely no way they will take in Nocioni's three years without handing over Gil's contract, and if they are going to trade Howard, they will make sure they stick Arenas at the end of the deal.

The Sixers would probably love this trade. They are looking to trade Iggy, and they wouldn't say no to Gasol, even if it means taking Ron.

#7 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted May 10, 2011 - 03:01 PM

You have to find a way to include a bad contract in there for Orlando. There's absolutely no way they will take in Nocioni's three years without handing over Gil's contract, and if they are going to trade Howard, they will make sure they stick Arenas at the end of the deal.

The Sixers would probably love this trade. They are looking to trade Iggy, and they wouldn't say no to Gasol, even if it means taking Ron.

Agree

Posted Image

#8 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted May 10, 2011 - 03:46 PM

Nobody seems to remember that Bynums contract has a team option. So it can be an expiring contract if they want it to be.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#9 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,692 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 10, 2011 - 04:28 PM

The Magic won't go for just Bynum. You need to throw in something attractive or else Dwight will stay a Magic until he walks in 2012

#10 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 10, 2011 - 10:41 PM

Nobody seems to remember that Bynums contract has a team option. So it can be an expiring contract if they want it to be.

After next season.

However, that does nothing for us except sticking us under the luxury tax (and that depends on the new CBA). More than likely, we won't have the room to sign Howard as a free agent because Bryant, Gasol, Artest, Walton and Blake's contracts add up to around $64 million. We would have to let Drew expire, let Odom expire, and trade Artest, Walton AND Blake for draft picks.

In fact, Kobe and Gasol alone add up to around $47 million in 2012-13 (Howard will be a free agent in the summer of 2012). Assuming the CBA keeps the salary cap the same as it was this season ($58 million, and this is highly unlikely), we still won't have the money to sign Dwight and keep both Bryant and Gasol.

If we end up with Dwight, it'll have to be through a trade.

The Magic won't go for just Bynum. You need to throw in something attractive or else Dwight will stay a Magic until he walks in 2012

That's where Gilbert Arenas' contract comes into play. Gil is going to get around $80 million over the next four years...a ridiculous number for him. We're going to have trouble getting Howard, honestly. Arenas will make around $19-20 million, Howard is probably around Gasol's money. To make a trade like that work, we're going to need to deal both Gasol and Drew, or one of them AND two other players making around $6-7 million (Odom and Artest).

Or, get a third team involved, and hope we can somehow include Blake and Walton in these trades...which is probably a reach.

It almost looks like we'll need to bust into our core if we want Howard. It's probably worth it, but it also depends on how we approach it...with our two bigs to offer, or trying to deal everyone but one of those two (Drew/Gasol).

#11 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 11, 2011 - 11:45 PM

I like the Iggy and Howard trade but it still doesn't solve our PG problem. Heres a trade I made up that corrects that, plus it gives Orlando a little more incentive to go through with it.

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3flmshs

Pretty much LA gets Dwight, Iggy, and Jrue Holiday (we start Jrue and have Fisher come off the bench). We lose Gasol but move Odom to the 4, plus we end up saving some money by getting out of Artest's contract. We lose some height but get better defenders at the PG and SF spot, with Jrue having the potential to be a lock down defender. Our team should look something like this.

Jrue Fisher
Kobe Shannon Brown
Iggy Barnes
Odom FA
Howard FA

76ers get Gasol (who plays center for them) and Turkoglu replaces Iggy at the 3. They also give some of their E.C.'s to Orlando. They lose a good point guard but have an awesome replacement in Lou Williams, we'll also send them Blake if they want him (highly doubt it)

Orlando gets Bynum and Artest plus a couple of E.C.'s and they also get out of Turkoglu's crappy contract. It's not Arena's horrible contract but no ones willing to take that beast on.

If either the 76ers or Magic want a little more, we send them Ebanks and Caracter, whatever it takes to make it happen.

#12 Big Dogg #34

Big Dogg #34

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Nick van Exel

Posted May 15, 2011 - 12:09 PM

I doubt Philly would trade Jrue maybe Lou not Jrue.

#13 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts

Posted May 16, 2011 - 06:37 PM

This is a good trade. Odom and Iggy have experience playing with each other in FIBA world championships. Iggy is a young great shooter that plays solid defense. We still need a PG

Edited by Instigator, May 16, 2011 - 06:37 PM.

#14 Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Vinnie PapaGiorgio

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Vince
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 16, 2011 - 06:45 PM

This is a good trade. Odom and Iggy have experience playing with each other in FIBA world championships. Iggy is a young great shooter that plays solid defense. We still need a PG

Jrue would be that PG, hes not that great of a shooter yet but hes only 20 and is a pretty good defender. Fisher comes off the bench and acts as his mentor. I agree with Big Dogg that Philly might not wanna include him but if they want a All-NBA 2nd teamer in Gasol they'd have to give him up

#15 Big Dogg #34

Big Dogg #34

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Nick van Exel

Posted May 16, 2011 - 08:06 PM

PHI/LAL Trade

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users