• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#101 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2008 - 09:56 PM

Ariza's outside shot doesn't look good...but he's still doing the little things to help the team win. His handles are still very shaky.

wow the 4th quarter was just horrible...we couldn't run our offense smoothly not even one time. Brandon Heath had all sorts of problems with the ball.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#102 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 09, 2008 - 10:27 PM

I know it's just preseason but still, :rock: game.

#103 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted October 10, 2008 - 12:03 AM

It was preseason for the Lakers, but in my eyes this game was bigger than a season game FOR THE CLIPPERS.

The Clippers know each other individually. But today was their first time seeing each other as a TEAM playing against a totally different team. So today was their first test... No matter how insignificant (preseason) it is, it's still a test nonetheless... And since they won their first game, they went to the locker room overjoyed and the chemistry is starting to build.

I'm not going to be cocky or make a big deal out of it, I just say good game Lakers, I know both our teams have a [expletive]load more potential (we didn't play Camby or Eric Gordon at all, only played BD for 17 minutes and played our bench players the whole time) and you guys have soooo much more talent including the fact that Kobe coulda played 48 minutes if he wanted to.

All I'm going to say is, I'm looking forward to the season, don't underestimate the Clips. Today can't serve as any evidence because it's only preseason but it at least gives you a glimpse of the fact that the Clippers bench CAN score.

To top it off, good game, I really enjoyed watching it, and good luck to both the LA teams.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#104 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 10, 2008 - 12:35 AM

OBSERVATIONS
1. As Calm pointed out, this was more of a win for the Clippers than it was a loss for the Lakers. Don't get me wrong, this was a LOSS for the Lakers, but it was more of a statement for the Clipps. You saw it first-hand. Baron Davis adds something to this team that they've never had... and dammit, it was exciting to watch.

2. Sure, sure, it's just preseason, but this should have at least been closer for the Lakers... too much second-chance, too many turnovers, too little d.

3. TREVOR ARIZA NEEDS TO BE THE OPENING NIGHT STARTER. I said it. Again, it's just the preseason, but LO needs to show a little more out there. Odom's biggest moment was a 360 move that got stripped away by Baron. Ariza brings energy and hustle to the three. Sure, his outside shot is off a little, and that is one of the staples of the triangle, but it's no worse than Lamar's. I really wanted to give Lamar a chance, but he's big-timing this preseason, all while Trevor's out there busting his [expletive]... I LOVE the fact that Trev is such a worker... I just think he deserves it. We'll see if Phil lights a big enough fire under Lamar's [expletive] to get him motivated, but i don't know, I'm really up on Trevor.

4. Pau is quietly doing everything right. I love it.

Edited by SaintNicholasVanExel, October 10, 2008 - 12:36 AM.

#105 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 10, 2008 - 06:13 AM

No need to worry about. It´s just preseason exhibitions, no defense, no energy, it doesn´t count. These games are worthless, except for all the rookies and newcomers. We are still the team to beat in the entire league.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#106 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted October 10, 2008 - 08:47 AM

I definitely agree with saint.

I'll tell you this, I'm a a HUGE Ariza fan. I used to watch Orlando every chance I got because of Dwight Howard, and I saw Ariza wearing #1 and I joked that he's the next T-Mac. Next thing you know he runs in and dunks it... Like twice in a row and made a jump shot. I was like damn, he has T-Mac's role pretty good haha.

So when Lakers got him I freaked out, I was like WOW man Lakers got Ariza!! And all my Laker fan friends were like so? It's not that big of a deal... But I knew it was! And the funny thing is I never knew how good of a defender he was. He's freaking amazing on defense... He got so many steals and hustle plays and played solid D. Lakers should definitely start him at the 3 in my opinion.

Other things said, I have to have a Clipper moment here, Mihm got dunked on again... Wasn't Wilcox this time, it was DEANDRE JORDAN!! Jordan has sick hops.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#107 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts

Posted October 10, 2008 - 10:24 AM

Other things said, I have to have a Clipper moment here, Mihm got dunked on again... Wasn't Wilcox this time, it was DEANDRE JORDAN!! Jordan has sick hops.

It was a nice dunk. I thought Stu Lantz said it best when he said "Act like you have done it before." It was true. You dunked in preseason, great job kid.

It's the preseason, I dont want to be a jerk because I know Clipper nation is excited after last night but its the preseason plain and simple. Clippers beat the Lakers in the preseason last year as well.

#108 lakerswiz

lakerswiz

Off The Bench

• 2,578 posts

Posted October 10, 2008 - 10:31 AM

Getting dunked on is getting dunked on.

#109 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted October 10, 2008 - 02:18 PM

Getting dunked on is getting dunked on.

Agreed. And of course it's just preseason.. But us Clipper fans have nothing but excitement from the last game because we were able to see good offense, and pretty good defense even without Camby. It's cool to see the chemistry. I know you won't understand, and i don't expect you to. But listen, we have 13 new guys on our team. Chemistry is the biggest test and last night was a huge test. The first game they ever played as a team. If they failed last night, even if they won but won ugly, it could've meant horrible confidence going into the season. And we don't want that.. Especially when all these new players have to gel.

And I give DeAndre EVERY RIGHT to howl at the moon. HOWL AGAIN big fella! I'll take TWO technicals for it, he earned it. He didn't get a shot attempt all game, and it felt good to FINALLY prove that he CAN jump and show us his skill.

It must feel great getting a dunk in a game against an NBA center, instead of walking off the court scoreless.

#110 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,959 posts

Posted October 10, 2008 - 05:03 PM

:unsure: bringing up memories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users